• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's funny. It works in my reply though.
    Weird. I reposted it direct from the source and still same. I think it is something in the URL that INGO does not like. I shouldn’t even be a link, it should have been a graphic like the other post from the same site. Here is the text.

Every year, the days and weeks preceding the draft include a flurry of negative stories about certain players. This year, the guy who got the brunt of it was quarterback C.J. Stroud.

Last night, Colts G.M. Chris Ballard took a deliberate left turn from comments about his first-round selection, quarterback Anthony Richardson, to offer a “sidebar” about this dynamic.

“I get frustrated,” Ballard told reporters. “All the crap that comes out about these kids. It’s crap. Like, it’s ********. I’m sorry, but it’s ********. Like people that leak these stories, these negative stories on kids. I just don’t — I don’t agree with it. It’s ********.

“These guys work their ass off to get where they need to be, and then all week you’ve got to read . . . and then they’ve got to answer questions. So, anyway, not on Anthony it’s on some other kids int the draft that are good kids, and I thought had to take a little bit of a beating that they shouldn’t have had to take.”

Ballard didn’t name names, but Stroud is obviously the guy he was referring to. Someone wanted him to fall. Someone tried to make it happen, to knock the Texans wobbly at No. 2.

It didn’t work. But if the snowball had started to roll, who knows what would have happened? It could have continued, beyond five and 10 and who knows how far?

Good for Ballard to speak up. Too many scouts and coaches spread ******** in order to get a player they love to slide. Too many agents do it to get their client taken before someone else’s client. Too many media step right into the ******** bear trap without realizing they’re being used.

It will never end completely. The goal is to get people to understand why it happens, and to maybe get it to happen less often.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First, I'll explain why my opinion is worthless. The year, 1998. I'm certain! Ryan Leaf is the best pick at QB. So, take this next quip with a grain of salt...

Every few years the NFL has an epiphany that "pocket passers" are antiquated. The future is a QB that can run. Then in short time, pocket passers are back in vogue. All that to say, I hope this AR15 kid can read a defense. Scrambling is fun to watch, but quickly processing a defense and making on-target throws seems to be the better way to winning long term. I was rooting for Will Levis- see disclaimer above.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    The Titans just drafted Will Levis who could soon be the oldest starting QB in the AFC South.

He is older than Richardson, Stroud and Lawrence. Could be a really young group of QBs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom