Not open for further replies.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Would have rather seen Levis selected. AR is the least proven of the four, very few starts, and when was the last time the Colts had a scrambling QB. Seems as though you have a JT in the backfield a poised pocket passer would be a better selection.
    Time will tell.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Would have rather seen Levis selected. AR is the least proven of the four, very few starts, and when was the last time the Colts had a scrambling QB. Seems as though you have a JT in the backfield a poised pocket passer would be a better selection.
    Time will tell.

Ironically, it’s actually the exact opposite. Taylor will benefit specifically because Richardson is a mobile QB

Top five teams in rush yds/gm last season:

Bears
    Ravens
    Falcons
    Giants
    Eagles

Not a single pocket passer on that entire group. All mobile QB’s. It just puts more stress on the defense.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Ironically, it’s actually the exact opposite. Taylor will benefit specifically because Richardson is a mobile QB

Top five teams in rush yds/gm last season:

Bears
    Ravens
    Falcons
    Giants
    Eagles

Not a single pocket passer on that entire group. All mobile QB’s. It just puts more stress on the defense.
    And only one of those teams was in the top 4 seeds in their conference. The QB rushing yards has a negative effect on the passing yards as well as the rushing yards of the running back.
    I hope for the Colts I am proven wrong but Cleveland was a prime example of a team changing strategies and QBs for over a decade without any success.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And only one of those teams was in the top 4 seeds in their conference. The QB rushing yards has a negative effect on the passing yards as well as the rushing yards of the running back.
    I hope for the Colts I am proven wrong but Cleveland was a prime example of a team changing strategies and QBs for over a decade without any success.
    AR completed 53.8% of his passes and tucked and ran 103 times. Neither of those will cut in in the NFL. But he is a freak athlete much like Tom Brady............. oh well maybe not Tom Brady. :ugh:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Three of them were in the playoffs (two of them won a playoff game) and one went to the Super Bowl :dunno:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    AR completed 53.8% of his passes and tucked and ran 103 times. Neither of those will cut in in the NFL. But he is a freak athlete much like Tom Brady............. oh well maybe not Tom Brady. :ugh:

What was Josh Allen’s completion percentage in college?

What was Jalen Hurts completion percentage his rookie season?

Spoiler alert - terrible…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What was Josh Allen’s completion percentage in college?

What was Jalen Hurts completion percentage his rookie season?

Spoiler alert - terrible…
    I will be very happy if I'm wrong about AR15, however having watched Jalen at Bama and Oklahoma, one could tell who he was and his upside.

His character, poise, and willingness to do what needed to be done for the team to win, including adapt and learn, even if that meant him not being the one.

I can see the physical about AR15 but not the rest, because he just hasn't had the experience yet.

tenor.gif

jalen-hurts.gif

Last edited:

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I'm optimistic, but mostly because what other choice do I have lol

Richardson showed he *can* be great, now it's up to him, Steichen, Cooter, and Turner to help him be great consistently. If any group of coaches can do it, it's them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom