• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think there's a non-trivial chance that the Colts' attention on Will Levis is a complete smokescreen, in the hopes of preventing some team from trading up to 3 to take AR (or Stroud).
    Interesting take. And you're certainly more in the know than I. But I also wonder if some of the overt attention the Colts have given Levis is because they think both Richardson and Stroud will be gone, leaving Levis. I'm imagining that scene in Princess Bride where they keep switching the glass of poisoned wine, outthinking themselves.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Interesting take. And you're certainly more in the know than I. But I also wonder if some of the overt attention the Colts have given Levis is because they think both Richardson and Stroud will be gone, leaving Levis. I'm imagining that scene in Princess Bride where they keep switching the glass of poisoned wine, outthinking themselves.
    Just a point of order: I'm just a fan. I'm no more in the know than anyone else. I just kibbitz a lot with other fans.

As for how the draft will play out: if Carolina takes Young, all bets are off. There is credible suspicion that Young is the only one of the 4 that Houston wants, and that if he's gone, they will forego the other 3 and take Will Anderson instead (maybe opting for Hooker or another QB later in the draft).

In that case, 2 of the 3 of Stroud, Anderson, and Levis will be available to the Colts, at a minimum. Maybe all 3, if Arizona keeps the 3 pick instead of trading it.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Just a point of order: I'm just a fan. I'm no more in the know than anyone else. I just kibbitz a lot with other fans.

As for how the draft will play out: if Carolina takes Young, all bets are off. There is credible suspicion that Young is the only one of the 4 that Houston wants, and that if he's gone, they will forego the other 3 and take Will Anderson instead (maybe opting for Hooker or another QB later in the draft).

In that case, 2 of the 3 of Stroud, Anderson, and Levis will be available to the Colts, at a minimum. Maybe all 3, if Arizona keeps the 3 pick instead of trading it.

If Carolina goes Young and Houston goes Anderson, Arizona will get a HAUL for that 3rd pick.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Will we be starting a new thread when the Colts use the 4th pick to draft a right guard coming off an achilles injury? I can't imagine trading back, but if they're not sold on the qb options left when they're on the clock -AND- think they can land a free agent such as, gulp, Rodgers or that Baltimore running back that lines up behind center....

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Will we be starting a new thread when the Colts use the 4th pick to draft a right guard coming off an achilles injury? I can't imagine trading back, but if they're not sold on the qb options left when they're on the clock -AND- think they can land a free agent such as, gulp, Rodgers or that Baltimore running back that lines up behind center....
    The likelihood that the Colts sign a high-profile veteran QB like Rodgers or LJ approach zero, IMHO. If anything, I see the Colts trading back out of the 4 pick and later picking someone like Hooker, should they not like their options available at 4.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As we all pontificate, predict, guess, and hope leading up to the draft, I saw this and it made me laugh. A pro scouting and coaching staff mock draft was a bust…

“We have a very funny story on that, and I’ll tell you sometime,” Schneider said. “We did it one year and it didn’t go well. We did a mock draft in-house because we had never done one, so
    we thought we were adding to our process, and it was awful.

Added coach Pete Carroll: “Disaster.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018