chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Browns vs Texans next week….

Honestly we should probably root for the Browns, which is infuriating.
    No. Root for the Texans. The Colts essentially must beat the Texans in Week 18, to have a chance at the playoffs. So, might as well have a scenario in which both the Texans and the Browns have fewer wins/more losses than the Colts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Just tell me you're not watching these games. If you were you would know.
    He's right. Levis plays with far more reckless abandon than Richardson. He's been very lucky with respect to avoiding injuries, and I hope that he continues to do so, because I don't wish injuries on anyone. But let's not pretend that we don't see what everyone who watches him play clearly sees.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No, but lets be real about it. AR has potential but has done nothing on the field. GM is your QB. AR should have sit behind him from the get-go and learned the pro game. Throwing a young QB to the wolves rarely works out.
    I question the football acumen of anyone who claims that Minshew plays the Steichen offensive scheme better than AR. It's not a close call.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Jags remaining schedule:
    @ Bucs
    vs Panthers
    @ Titans

Texans remaining schedule:
    vs Browns
    vs Titans
    @ Colts

Colts remaining schedule:
    @ Falcons
    vs Raiders
    vs Texans

Jags would have to lose 2 of 3 for the Colts to have a chance at the division and that’s hard to imagine.

Honestly looking like a long shot for the Colts to even get in the playoffs at 10-7 with all of the tiebreakers and the way that everybody else just keeps winning.
    Jags: 8-6
    Colts: 8-6

If the Colts win out, then the Jags only need to lose one of their last three for the Colts to win the division outright.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Browns vs Texans next week
    Browns vs Bengals week 18

Somebody’s gotta lose those games, technically they could tie I guess. :rolleyes:

View attachment 319519
    In any scenario, if the Colts win out and the Jags lose even one of their final 3 games, the Colts win the division. I don't see any particularly realistic scenarios that move an AFC South-winning Colts any higher than the 4 seed.

If the Jags win out, they win the division and the Colts must still fight for a WC. So, in that case, the Colts' playoff chances/seeding are best-improved if:

1. Week 16: Texans defeat the Browns (Browns 6 losses)
    2. Week 18: Bengals defeat the Browns (Browns 7 losses)
    3. Week 18: Dolphins defeat the Bills (Bills 7 losses)
    4. Week 18: Chiefs defeat the Bengals (Bengals 7 losses)
    5. Week 18: Colts defeat the Texans (Texans 7 losses)

Assuming the Colts win out, the above scenario puts the Colts ahead of all remaining Wild Card teams, at the 5 seed, as the only WC with 6 losses.

(And I'll remind: the real Colts record is now 9 - 5, and the real Browns record is 8 - 6. So the NFL is currently thoroughly screwing the Colts.)

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    In any scenario, if the Colts win out and the Jags lose even one of their final 3 games, the Colts win the division. I don't see any particularly realistic scenarios that move an AFC South-winning Colts any higher than the 4 seed.

If the Jags win out, they win the division and the Colts must still fight for a WC. So, in that case, the Colts' playoff chances/seeding are best-improved if:

1. Week 16: Texans defeat the Browns (Browns 6 losses)
    2. Week 18: Bengals defeat the Browns (Browns 7 losses)
    3. Week 18: Dolphins defeat the Bills (Bills 7 losses)
    4. Week 18: Chiefs defeat the Bengals (Bengals 7 losses)
    5. Week 18: Colts defeat the Texans (Texans 7 losses)

Assuming the Colts win out, the above scenario puts the Colts ahead of all remaining Wild Card teams, at the 5 seed, as the only WC with 6 losses.

(And I'll remind: the real Colts record is now 9 - 5, and the real Browns record is 8 - 6. So the NFL is currently thoroughly screwing the Colts.)

Colts actually have slightly better odds at making the 3-seed then the 5-seed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    WOW!

“The Steelers will be without Damontae Kazee for the rest of the 2023 season.“

“The NFL announced on Monday that Kazee has been suspended without pay for the final three games of the regular season, plus any potential postseason games, for repeated violations of player health and safety rules.“

“Kazee was ejected for his hit on receiver Michael Pittman in the second quarter of Saturday’s loss to the Colts.”

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    WOW!

“The Steelers will be without Damontae Kazee for the rest of the 2023 season.“

“The NFL announced on Monday that Kazee has been suspended without pay for the final three games of the regular season, plus any potential postseason games, for repeated violations of player health and safety rules.“

“Kazee was ejected for his hit on receiver Michael Pittman in the second quarter of Saturday’s loss to the Colts.”

Good. Get that bum out of the league.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom