Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Let's hope Brissett becomes the next Dax.

This.

Luck isn't the next coming Messiah. Always finds a way to blow a good game.
    Play calling still stinks. Chudzinski is still stuck in the 50s. He was a loser in Cleveland and no reason to expect different in Indy.
    I stuck behind the coaches for the last couple of years until now.
    It's going to take a miraculous turn around to change my mind now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This.

Luck isn't the next coming Messiah. Always finds a way to blow a good game.
    Play calling still stinks. Chudzinski is still stuck in the 50s. He was a loser in Cleveland and no reason to expect different in Indy.
    I stuck behind the coaches for the last couple of years until now.
    It's going to take a miraculous turn around to change my mind now.

I have never had any faith in C.P. as a head coach. Everybody blamed upper management for the teams short falls. Now who do we blame.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I have never had any faith in C.P. as a head coach. Everybody blamed upper management for the teams short falls. Now who do we blame.
    I gotta fess up buddy. I thought it was Grigson destroying the team. Unless this present team performs stellar then I'm off the CP protection squad.
    Defense showed some improvement today, O-Line looked pretty solid overall considering losing 2 starters again. Philbin is doing a good job on the line.
    Overall I'd give the Colts a passing grade of a "C". Coaching I'd give a "D".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I actually got to watch all but the last 8 minutes or so of the last quarter, plus overtime. What I didn't watch, I caught on the radio.

If I have to hear them (Bob Lamey, the other talking heads, Chuck Pagano, et al) about that roughing the passer penalty.... sheesh. It was a legit call. A Colts defender's hand hit Carson Palmer in the head/face. ANY contact, intentional or not, to the quarterback's head, is an automatic flag. It's been the rule for years; deal with it.

Everyone and his brother was blaming the Colts' collapse on that turn of events. Well, guess what? The Cardinals still converted THIRD AND TWENTY without that penalty, and then the Colts defense gave up a 45 yard touchdown pass afterward.

When even Pagano is complaining about flags on legit penalties, you know he's getting desperate. He didn't even try to use one of his cheesy Paganoisms.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I totally blame upper management. They are idiots. I still for the life of me am baffled they fired Jim Caldwell. He won the division his first 2 season, but in his third, the Colts ended up with a 2-14 record, and he was fired. I was like "you build your entire offense around a single guy, one of the smartest to ever play the game, and when he can't play an entire season, and you put in scrub quarterbacks? What the hell do you expect to happen?" Now he in Detroit of all places, turning that franchise around.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The way I remember it is that the knock against Caldwell was that he was just too nice of a guy and they needed someone that would make them tougher. He also made questionable decisions during the game. All of which sounds an awful lot like the concerns with Pagano. So, yeah, firing Caldwell when he couldn't win with Curtis Painter at QB doesn't make much sense in retrospect.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I actually got to watch all but the last 8 minutes or so of the last quarter, plus overtime. What I didn't watch, I caught on the radio.

If I have to hear them (Bob Lamey, the other talking heads, Chuck Pagano, et al) about that roughing the passer penalty.... sheesh. It was a legit call. A Colts defender's hand hit Carson Palmer in the head/face. ANY contact, intentional or not, to the quarterback's head, is an automatic flag. It's been the rule for years; deal with it.

Everyone and his brother was blaming the Colts' collapse on that turn of events. Well, guess what? The Cardinals still converted THIRD AND TWENTY without that penalty, and then the Colts defense gave up a 45 yard touchdown pass afterward.

When even Pagano is complaining about flags on legit penalties, you know he's getting desperate. He didn't even try to use one of his cheesy Paganoisms.

No, you had to see it. The defender raised his hand to block Palmer's pass, and Palmer's throwing motion caught the defensive player's arm, and pulled it to him helmet. That's how he "hit" him. I thought it wasn't a good call at all.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Browns now favored against the Colts on the road this week. . .a new low in Colts football.

Update: I just learned that this is the first time the Browns have been favored in a road game in three years. Indy giving dumpster fires a bad name.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    No, you had to see it. The defender raised his hand to block Palmer's pass, and Palmer's throwing motion caught the defensive player's arm, and pulled it to him helmet. That's how he "hit" him. I thought it wasn't a good call at all.

I did see it. The defender's hand hit the QB in the helmet/face. The rule has no element of intent. ANY contact is an automatic flag.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I totally blame upper management. They are idiots. I still for the life of me am baffled they fired Jim Caldwell. He won the division his first 2 season, but in his third, the Colts ended up with a 2-14 record, and he was fired. I was like "you build your entire offense around a single guy, one of the smartest to ever play the game, and when he can't play an entire season, and you put in scrub quarterbacks? What the hell do you expect to happen?" Now he in Detroit of all places, turning that franchise around.

I agree in this to the extent that they have allowed Pagono to stay on and screw up the works.
    Payton was beat the hell up from managements idiocy and trying to wring every penny they could from the from the team to line their pockets.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree in this to the extent that they have allowed Pagono to stay on and screw up the works.
    Payton was beat the hell up from managements idiocy and trying to wring every penny they could from the from the team to line their pockets.

As much as I feel like a heel for saying this, Pagano getting cancer, and the way the city rallied around him, probably gave him more time at head coach than he should have had.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As much as I feel like a heel for saying this, Pagano getting cancer, and the way the city rallied around him, probably gave him more time at head coach than he should have had.

I have the same feelings but like you I did not use that as a point. It is true.
    The system that was left for him when he returned lasted for a minute. Then came the "Magic" plays and the idiotic play calling.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

No need to feel like a heel for saying it; it is true.

I told my wife in 2012 that Bruce Arians demonstrated that he should be the head coach (and was the perfect sort of coach for an Andrew Luck-led offense/team), but that there was no way Pagano would lose his job after recovering from cancer. At the time, I could only hope that Pagano's old-school, defense- and run-oriented approach would somehow work. Arians left. Pagano's philosophy proved to be wrong, and he has not demonstrated that he is head-coach caliber.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    No need to feel like a heel for saying it; it is true.

I told my wife in 2012 that Bruce Arians demonstrated that he should be the head coach (and was the perfect sort of coach for an Andrew Luck-led offense/team), but that there was no way Pagano would lose his job after recovering from cancer. At the time, I could only hope that Pagano's old-school, defense- and run-oriented approach would somehow work. Arians left. Pagano's philosophy proved to be wrong, and he has not demonstrated that he is head-coach caliber.

Yep. The coach we should have was on the field yesterday. He was just wearing the wrong color.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe Caldwell was riding the wave left by Dungy. The Colts should have had a second Super Bowl win but he didn't/couldn't make any changes in the second half to stop the momentum slide. The same could be said for Pagano. He was still riding the wave from Arians after his recovery but that wave has long since lost momentum.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I do detect some displeasure of our present coach. Might I assume others in position to guide our glorious players to the promised land have fallen out of favor as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I believe Caldwell was riding the wave left by Dungy. The Colts should have had a second Super Bowl win but he didn't/couldn't make any changes in the second half to stop the momentum slide. The same could be said for Pagano. He was still riding the wave from Arians after his recovery but that wave has long since lost momentum.

He may have, but if so, he certainly wasn't given the chance to make the team his own. So we'll never know how Caldwell would've turned out. Pagano has certainly had more than enough time to flourish.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    He may have, but if so, he certainly wasn't given the chance to make the team his own. So we'll never know how Caldwell would've turned out. Pagano has certainly had more than enough time to flourish.

Caldwell's coaching at the end of a "Perfect Season" and in the Super Bowl left a lot to be desired.
    His decisions sealed his fate that season.
    Detroit has glimpses of a very good team but just like Indy the STUPIDITY shows up on bushel baskets.
    CP and Caldwell seem to be quality people.
    Needing a good coach to get spoiled millionaire kids motivated looks like it requires a stiff kick in the seat of the pants.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom