Colts 2017.... Same old song and dance....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Not putting this toward YOU, or anyone .....

Luck, will NOT play this season .....

He WILL be traded .....

He will win a Super Bowl, somewhere else .....

The rest of this season, is LOST .....

WE had better HOPE, that they will .....

get RID of Pagano,

and DRAFT real well .....

Well, I am at LEAST half right .....

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Unless Ballard just absolutely can’t get his guy right now for whatever reason, I see no reason to keep the current coaching staff. Now it’s not even a secret that this season is a throwaway. Give the team the rest of the season to get a feel for the new coach’s system. Head start for next season.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And there's a new bunch of miscreants that wish to destroy what's left of what used to be a good game.
    Collective bargaining, free agency, 30 Million bucks a year? How many more thorns does the game get before it gets flushed?
    I can see a day coming soon that we'll be talking about the NFL and Nascar in the past tense and yearn for the good old days.
    Yea, we'll be seeing ghosts. That snowball is on the downhill path, picking up speed, and dragging the trash with it as it spirals downwards.

I get where you are coming from but IF NFL and NASCAR were to go away...what would you see taking it's place for sports entertainment??

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The NFL has become the NBA in so many ways. To many obscure rules. These rules can be used to manipulate games and we have all seen it happen.
    Way the hell too much money involved.

I agree. There are too many rules, with some of those rules not making much sense. Also, too many stoppages, or stoppages that are too long. Throw in the fact they're trying their best to eliminate violence from the sport, and you have a game that's beginning to get boring, like oh I don't know, NASCAR.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. There are too many rules, with some of those rules not making much sense. Also, too many stoppages, or stoppages that are too long. Throw in the fact they're trying their best to eliminate violence from the sport, and you have a game that's beginning to get boring, like oh I don't know, NASCAR.

Bingo.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I get where you are coming from but IF NFL and NASCAR were to go away...what would you see taking it's place for sports entertainment??

I'm sure Bob Costas can be hired to do fashion shows on Sunday prime time exhibiting the latest in Men's purses and dressy shoes.
    Once the Do-Gooders got their pinky fingers in the offering plate, the "contact" of the sports has been taken away. It's ruined "manly pursuits" in our society.
    Anyone here rember boxing on Friday nights? Wrestling, single bar face masks, Lambier, Rodman, and the Bad Boys from the NBA? Elbows are designed for rebounding position. Good Grief Gracie, the men are slowly being castrated and vocal cords are only for the Libtards.
    Sports? Thing of the past I'm afraid.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's my biggest gripe. Have the dang players sign an agreement that they understand the risks, and let them play ball. I doubt you'll see people say "I could get a concussion, I'm giving up millions, to work at my dad's garage."

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That's my biggest gripe. Have the dang players sign an agreement that they understand the risks, and let them play ball. I doubt you'll see people say "I could get a concussion, I'm giving up millions, to work at my dad's garage."

We are on the same page with that. I mean seriously how did these guys make it to the NFL without ever realizing they could get a concussion or sustain other brain injury, heck even death. Anyone who plays any sport in my opinion has to assume the risks and understand there are unforeseen risks as well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

I've always wanted to go to the opening race of the season and enjoy the activities leading up to the race as well as the race itself; it doesn't hurt that it's in Daytona in February. Anyway, now that I can afford it both in time and money they've broken the race up into mini races. Along with all the other rules, the cookie cutter cars, lack of action on the track. . . .well Daytona in February is no longer on my "to do" list.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

I knew we could find common ground on something. I agree 100%. I would roll the dice and take a chance on getting a few eggs scrambled upstairs for fifty million in the bank.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The NFL has become the NBA in so many ways. To many obscure rules. These rules can be used to manipulate games and we have all seen it happen.
    Way the hell too much money involved.

I don't know about that, the Pacers at least are far more entertaining this year after the Paul George trade. The loss of PG's constant whining and half effort in exchange for Oladipo and Sabonis, who both actually play hard and move the ball, has greatly increased the entertainment value at least for me. Not to mention what the lack of kneeling for the anthem and far fewer stoppages of play adds to the entertainment value.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom