• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I'm fairly certain, they never bought LWRC. Talked to the LWRC guys at the NRA convention this past April, they told me that they likely were not going to be bought or merge with Colt.
    I bet it never happened.

Correct. LWRC was never purchased by Colt and in no way, shape, or form are they associated with them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Sort of like AMF running Harley. If you don't understand or have no passion for the business you're probably not doing it right.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sort of like AMF running Harley. If you don't understand or have no passion for the business you're probably not doing it right.

From what I read, it sounds like the folks running Colt had a very strong passion for the industry they were in. We all think they are in the gun industry but they think they're in the industry of government contracts, sweetheart deals, schmoozing senators and army brass and wringing every last dollar from the company in an effort to improve their own position. In that, they've shown a great passion, despite their ineptitude. Guns are just the product. They would have been just as happy turning Colt into a supplier of ladies shoes if it would have enriched their personal portfolio.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    From that statment alone i know u are lying.

OH WOW!!! I totally missed that post of yours calling me a liar. Well, lets just say, it takes a special kind of person to assume they know more about the things another man has seen in life, than the man who is actually living it. I was there, you weren't. Period...

You have really shown INGO the content of your character, and its not good.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Taurus will buy them and bring back the Python with a see through sideplate.

attachment.php

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    OH WOW!!! I totally missed that post of yours calling me a liar. Well, lets just say, it takes a special kind of person to assume they know more about the things another man has seen in life, than the man who is actually living it. I was there, you weren't. Period...

You have really shown INGO the content of your character, and its not good.

Thread police!! RRrrrrRRrrr Take it to the PM

Anyway, I had a 6520 made in 1989 and it was an awesome rifle and had a 6920 a few years back and the difference was unbelievable. They did this to themselves.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What would it take to bring Colt back? If an uber-wealthy gun enthusiast bought them, removed debt and decided that in 10 years, Colt would be one of the most respected companies in the gun industry, what would they have to do? If Daniel Defense could go from building garage doors to being one of the top AR makers in less than 10 years, what could Colt do to try to build a company that already knows how to make a gun?

My guess would be to start with a move. Get out of a state that does not embrace your industry and build a completely new factory with state of the art manufacturing and German style labor management. Next, I think they'd have to come up with an alternative to a 1911 if you want a Colt semi-auto in your holster. Maybe license an existing design like Springfield did with the XD or roll their own.

Then again, it would be easier to just let Colt drown in it's own debt, buy the name and start fresh without the baggage of actually having bought the whole company.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What would it take to bring Colt back? If an uber-wealthy gun enthusiast bought them, removed debt and decided that in 10 years, Colt would be one of the most respected companies in the gun industry, what would they have to do?

My guess would be to start with a move. Get out of a state that does not embrace your industry and build a completely new factory with state of the art manufacturing and German style labor management.

I would do this, although I'm not 100% sure what you mean by German style labor management but I am assuming it means efficiently managed and fair labor devoid of a union. Then I would build a smallish factory in a freedom loving state, like IN, and go the Wilson Combat route, building semi to full custom 1911s and AR-15s in small batches, with the absolute strictest standards of QC. And as you suggested begin R&D into and new most likely poly framed striker fired pistol for mass production to compete with the Glock/M&P market while still maintaining strict QC standards to meet a desired priced point. I think it could be done and if it was a superior design and had good ergos and was proven reliable with no or minimal MIM parts (I'm thinking like the CZ P-07) made in the USA could be offered for sub $1k and still sell like hot cakes.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Colt used to be the American HK, IMO. Expensive, but for a reason. Now, they are more like Colt... Expensive, but no one can find any reason why, other than their name...

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Guess I am a liar also because I don't think much of unions.
    Its funny how many say that....but when their job is in jeopardy and they have a chance to turn to the union, they break their arm while reaching out to the UNION to save their butt. I call people like that....Two-faced, coward little *****es, deserving of losing everything they worked hard for because they were too cheap to pay union dues for the very union that did all the hard work to achieve such benefits packages, working conditions, etc. There are alot of people walking around "blindly" spouting negative about unions, maybe that is because they havent been in a job where their very lives were put in jeopardy daily because of working conditions or they werent given unfair wages or they werent treated illegally (In violation of federal laws) and on and on.
    Dont knock it until you try it. Would you rather make 40k a year or 65k a year doing the same job? Making 40k a year, the other 25k goes in to the companys' pocket (Typically stockholders or ceo) or would you prefer the 25K extra go in to your pocket...hence making 65K/yr. Anyone that states they would prefer the 40k/yr either truly sucks at math or is a liar.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Local business goes under: INGO says I'm willing to pay more, I support local business, it sucks that more efficient free market players offer the same goods for less money and you're killing the economy if you support them.

Local worker loses wages: INGO says they are greedy, its the free market and you should adapt, why should I pay you more to do what others will do cheaper, you're killing the economy by demanding higher wages.

Fascinating.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Its funny how many say that....but when their job is in jeopardy and they have a chance to turn to the union, they break their arm while reaching out to the UNION to save their butt. I call people like that....Two-faced, coward little *****es, deserving of losing everything they worked hard for because they were too cheap to pay union dues for the very union that did all the hard work to achieve such benefits packages, working conditions, etc. There are alot of people walking around "blindly" spouting negative about unions, maybe that is because they havent been in a job where their very lives were put in jeopardy daily because of working conditions or they werent given unfair wages or they werent treated illegally (In violation of federal laws) and on and on.
    Dont knock it until you try it. Would you rather make 40k a year or 65k a year doing the same job? Making 40k a year, the other 25k goes in to the companys' pocket (Typically stockholders or ceo) or would you prefer the 25K extra go in to your pocket...hence making 65K/yr. Anyone that states they would prefer the 40k/yr either truly sucks at math or is a liar.

Repeating the same tired and false union talking points won't make them true.

Top Bottom