• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Nothin special about em. Just a standard middle class carbine. A S&W, DoubleStar, BCM, FN15, or PSA Premium line will do the same thing.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    That's a good price. Herndon's in Bloomfield had 6920s marked for $960 last time I was in there. Better resale value as well. Remember how much Colt's were going for in Jan '13:) Might be worth it to stock up on a few.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I remember when the LE6920 could be had for around $880. Was my first AR.

Personally, mid range AR wise, I'd go with the new FN15 for "nostalgia" value. FN is who the military contracts for their small arms, so if name brand matters when it comes to purchase, that's what I'd choose.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I remember when the LE6920 could be had for around $880. Was my first AR.

Personally, mid range AR wise, I'd go with the new FN15 for "nostalgia" value. FN is who the military contracts for their small arms, so if name brand matters when it comes to purchase, that's what I'd choose.

That is what I will be buying next time I get a 556 AR

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    That's a good price. Herndon's in Bloomfield had 6920s marked for $960 last time I was in there. Better resale value as well. Remember how much Colt's were going for in Jan '13:) Might be worth it to stock up on a few.

Resale is a big thing... I've hit some cash crunches since I've built my 2 AR's, but I haven't even tried to sell them because they're mixmasters and I don't want to take a huge loss on them. Plus the fact that you don't really know the quality of some smaller manufacturer's parts, or if they'll be around in 10 years for warranty support, or this and that...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I guess I am not in touch with how cheap Colts apparently are. I can't remember seeing them below $1,000 even before Sandy Hook and regretted passing on a like new used one for $900.n

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not believe the newer LE6920 have the demand as the older ones with the Restricted roll marks. But with that said it will hold its resale better then that of S&W, DoubleStar and PSA. I believe Walmarts sell the LE6920 for around 889.99 but you would have to find one first.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Nothin special about em. Just a standard middle class carbine. A S&W, DoubleStar, BCM, FN15, or PSA Premium line will do the same thing.

:yesway:......NOPE......ain't a nickels worth diff in NONE of'em......

They're selling them for $1K because they're worth $1K...... Just like most all other AR-15 M-4 style carbines.

:dunno:......fer YOU, me'be......they luv dudes like youself.....:):

I do not believe the newer LE6920 have the demand as the older ones with the Restricted roll marks. But with that said it will hold its resale better then that of S&W, DoubleStar and PSA. I believe Walmarts sell the LE6920 for around 889.99 but you would have to find one first.

An' at's 'bout ALL it worth......an' at's push'n it......

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    So what makes Armalite (re-branded Eagle Arms) better?

Lol. I was literally thinking the same thing. Colt bought out the original Armalite rights in the 60's if I'm thinking correct.

All new ArmaLite products are Eagle Arms products.... but honestly.... no one should care because 90% of all AR parts are made by the same casting company, they just get shipped out to the tons of other companies to be finished and branded.

When I look for a new ar build or even complete factory AR, I look at finish, finishing of machine marks, barrel type (of all aspects), and internal component compound (hardness). If its milspec, 1:7 twist with anything above a pencil barrel profile, CHF, and chrommoly or better, I'll buy the barrel, and if the BC and BCG is milspec in all aspects, I'll buy it and run it hard.

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Statement and fact above is why I avoid buying into all that PTAC crap from PSA... For a few bux more, you can have a system that will last you a lifetime. I don't know who PSA contracts to make their PTAC line, but the standards when making the product lack. I am no AR purist in any sense, but I know quality when I see it (any milspec AR, which is inturn what I'd classify a mid level AR), and I know crap when I see it (PTAC) line. Why buy a Geo when you could have a camaro for $200 more lol.

We live in a world that "walmart" is building. The products we buy are getting cheaper because they are being made "cheaper." Why support quantity that lacks when you can save for one more week and have quality.

Top Bottom