Colorado introduces bill to outlaw speech disagreeing with the official narrative.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Has anybody actually read the bill? I haven’t, but since I’m one of those folks that wants to be informed before going off the deep end, I’d like to know. What number is it?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    "The new bureaucracy would investigate “practices that promote hate speech; undermine election integrity; disseminate intentional disinformation, conspiracy theories, or fake news; or authorize, encourage, or carry out violations of users’ privacy.”

Who in the fork decides on this ??? Let me guess ... A democrat

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    As I read it, the bill is worse than purported in this thread. The Colorado senate is proposing greating a bureaucratic government organization with which any digital platform much register or face fines of up to $5000\day. The gov organization is then tasked with policing such things as hate speech, peddling conspiracy theories or fake news. This is written in a manner that reflects a marxist view of free speech. It clearly gives the government power over what you can and can't say on a digital platform. How can anyone defend this? This is completely unAmerican.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you sir, for the information. I have now read said bill. I said about what I expected.
    You sir are at best a minimizer, anything we are concerned about destroying our freedoms you always seem to believe is no threat.

In a play on the boy that cried wolf story, you are the opposite of that moral, you sit in the village and when the cry for help comes you always say, the boy is just having fun, no big deal.

The last 30 years has shown just how they erode away our freedoms and minimizers all along the way we're saying it was nothing.

Reposting a post from another thread but just as poinient in this one too.

This is how it starts, and goes nowhere. Then it gets a hearing, goes nowhere. Then a vote, goes nowhere. Then it passes the house, goes nowhere, then the stars align and low and behold it goes somewhere.

They have no deadline for the usurpation of your rights, like ants, they just keep going, even if it is nowhere...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You sir are at best a minimizer, anything we are concerned about destroying our freedoms you always seem to believe is no threat.

In a play on the boy that cried wolf story, you are the opposite of that moral, you sit in the village and when the cry for help comes you always say, the boy is just having fun, no big deal.

The last 30 years has shown just how they erode away our freedoms and minimizers all along the way we're saying it was nothing.

Reposting a post from another thread but just as poinient in this one too.

This is how it starts, and goes nowhere. Then it gets a hearing, goes nowhere. Then a vote, goes nowhere. Then it passes the house, goes nowhere, then the stars align and low and behold it goes somewhere.

They have no deadline for the usurpation of your rights, like ants, they just keep going, even if it is nowhere...
    you two are my bookends!

or maybe ping pong paddles!

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Has anybody actually read the bill? I haven’t, but since I’m one of those folks that wants to be informed before going off the deep end, I’d like to know. What number is it?
    I have read it and there is language in there that a lawyer could interpret however they wanted. Let pray it doesn't get past senate.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom