• ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Anything illegal about tis policy.

Weapons Policy
    All Federal, state, local and municipal statutes, codes and College regulations pertaining to the possession, use or distribution of firearms, ammunition, air soft, BB and pellet guns, bows, and arrows, explosives devices, knives (dagger, dirk, poniard, stiletto, switchblade, butterfly, or gravity knife), fireworks, martial arts weapons (should be kept in a secure cabinet maintained by the Martial Arts Club, not in personal rooms) and other potentially lethal or dangerous weapons are strictly enforced. All of these items are prohibited on the campus, and violation of these statutes and regulations may result in both disciplinary action and criminal prosecution.
    Clarification of knives: This policy is not intended to prohibit the possession of small folding pocket knives, with a blade length 3 inches or less, or kitchen utensils; however, if such items are used in a threatening or dangerous manner, such behavior will constitute a violation of this policy.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Indiana's "Guns in the Workplace" statutes, which prevents employers from prohibiting the possession of firearms in employees' private vehicles, and also prevents employers from requiring employees to disclose information regarding their lawful possession of firearms.

Does this apply to colleges

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Really? I thought all school's including college campuses were off-limits to firearms?
    Only K-12 and some daycares/preschools
    Indiana's "Guns in the Workplace" statutes, which prevents employers from prohibiting the possession of firearms in employees' private vehicles, and also prevents employers from requiring employees to disclose information regarding their lawful possession of firearms.

Not gonna swear to it but I believe it does apply to colleges as well.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Are you a college professor ruger1800? If so are you making references in class to a tec-9? If you are then i think you are my micro professor! lol.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Only K-12 and some daycares/preschools

Not gonna swear to it but I believe it does apply to colleges as well.

College's I believe are temporarily Exempt from the workplace law ... I'd have to re-review teh exact code.

Rep. Lucas' bill 1018 to remove the policy - did not see light of day this session.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

It would only apply if you're an employee, it doesn't apply to students. It is presently legal to carry on an Indiana college campus barring any other circumstances (also happens to be a preschool/etc..), but you are subject to school discipline if you're a student, and trespass even if you aren't a student. Personally, if I had the money, I would happily open carry onto my campus and let them expel me and then challenge the daylights out of it in court. They're a predominantly publicly funded institution who shouldn't be able to violate my 2nd amendment rights any more than they can my 1st. There's certainly no basis for an extraordinarily compelling reason to restrict the carrying of firearms there that would hold up to any logical argument.

Top Bottom