• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Its my understanding that basically Kap started the protest to basically back the BLM movement, a movement which was started under the false pretense of "Hands up, don't shoot" which we all know was false narrative, at least anyone not living under a rock!
    The "Hands up don't shoot" is total BS. However, what this HAS brought to my attention is the HUGE divide between those of us in LE and a large population we serve. The only way forward is to find a way to bridge that gap.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The "Hands up don't shoot" is total BS. However, what this HAS brought to my attention is the HUGE divide between those of us in LE and a large population we serve. The only way forward is to find a way to bridge that gap.

It's gonna take a lot more years to get by this mindset. We have had eight years of going backwards. A whole generation of folks, including all of these "football player protesters," have spent their formative years being led by a community organizer.

You can't just turn and walk away from that. On top of that there is a whole lot of residual. Look at all the supposed next batch of dems who are forecast to be running. Can you tell the difference?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Good luck with that. Hands up don't shoot, Bush blew up the levees to drown people of color (the sharks still swim the routes to this day, don't ya know?). There is just a tremendous amount of crap out there being peddled by the academic racial-studies types, designed to keep wounds from healing and to keep pulling that gap farther apart. And people buy into it.

Where the Great First-World Sports Anthem protest is concerned, certain players apparently feel they're being asked to stand up for a white-washed version of history in which America is perfect and never did anything wrong. A view which I cannot find articulated anywhere; but a view which gullible people under the influence of BLM have apparently convinced themselves is held by white people, to such an extent that they feel the need to set themselves apart from it symbolically.

People are being manipulated for the specific purpose of making sure that gap you reference is never bridged.

I don't see your job getting any easier in that regard.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's gonna take a lot more years to get by this mindset. We have had eight years of going backwards. A whole generation of folks, including all of these "football player protesters," have spent their formative years being led by a community organizer.

You can't just turn and walk away from that. On top of that there is a whole lot of residual. Look at all the supposed next batch of dems who are forecast to be running. Can you tell the difference?
    Good luck with that. Hands up don't shoot, Bush blew up the levees to drown people of color (the sharks still swim the routes to this day, don't ya know?). There is just a tremendous amount of crap out there being peddled by the academic racial-studies types, designed to keep wounds from healing and to keep pulling that gap farther apart. And people buy into it.

Where the Great First-World Sports Anthem protest is concerned, certain players apparently feel they're being asked to stand up for a white-washed version of history in which America is perfect and never did anything wrong. A view which I cannot find articulated anywhere; but a view which gullible people under the influence of BLM have apparently convinced themselves is held by white people, to such an extent that they feel the need to set themselves apart from it symbolically.

People are being manipulated for the specific purpose of making sure that gap you reference is never bridged.

I don't see your job getting any easier in that regard.

Imagine that, the gap we're talking about, is completely the fault of one side. Nevermind the fact that the guy who has actually represented both sides, disagrees.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DKnTNhtVwAAuWq_.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Imagine that, the gap we're talking about, is completely the fault of one side. Nevermind the fact that the guy who has actually represented both sides, disagrees.

Don't con me; that's not what I said. I said that the "one side" you reference is being manipulated, and without change in that area, the gap will probably not be closed. I said that change was basically a necessary condition; you twisted my words into stating that it was a sufficient condition.

But nevermind; you knew that. The charitable interpretation would be to say that you just don't understand logic. But I don't think that's true. When you're confronted with something which challenges your beliefs, you re-state it into something else and attack it from that position.

I don't think you're really all that different than the people you claim to be holding a mirror up to on INGO. Maybe a damn sight worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If today, every cop who treats black people differently, started to treat everyone the same. How much of the gap would dissolve? People believe what they believe. What do you think it's going to take to dissolve the gap?

How many black people still believe hands up/don't shoot happened? After Obama lectured us about race, and then the facts came out, did he correct the notion he helped reinforce, that the cops are out to oppress black people? It's not that the gap is one sided. It's that too many people think it is. And, I dunno, maybe it's just your obfuscative style, but your own words make me suspect you think it's one sided.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom