• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not a HUGE conspiracy theorist although I do know it WAS aliens!:rockwoot: However. . . . I wouldn't find it too far fetched to think that a certain group of individuals in DC might have been concerned that perhaps they were starting to come under a little too much scrutiny by the people they "represent" so maybe now would be a good time to distract them by creating a new crisis to distract them. I can't believe that our government is that organized but stranger things have happened, remember. . . .

aliens-guy.jpeg

Every time I see that guy, I think ...

View attachment 59579

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, while I can't speak for Kut or any football player, the way I see it is that despite a lot of the hard enforced institutional racism being "officially" struck from the books, the statistics still say otherwise:

All from this article

So, while we can all say that we live in a post-racial world and sing kumbaya, the hard facts say that if you are black in America, you are

A) more likely to be targeted by law enforcement than your white neighbors
    B) more likely to be arrested for drug use than your white neighbors (despite studies showing that drug use itself is pretty consistent between all racial demographics except Asians)

Results from the 2013 NSDUH: Summary of National Findings, SAMHSA, CBHSQ

C) more likely to be denied bail than your white neighbors
    D) more likely to be given a much harsher sentence than your white neighbors

So, it's kind of hard to look at these statistics and say that America doesn't have a problem with race. And this is just dealing with a few statistics around our very flawed justice system.

Also, I've seen people, in high profile positions, screaming at the top of their lungs about these issues for decades. So I don't know how anyone who is even remotely paying attention can say that no one has provided a list of grievances.

Two things

1) I notice that in the first Slate chart presented "Percentage of Stopped Drivers Searched by Police in 2011" that Hispanics are searched at exactly the same rate, then in the following Slate charts Hispanics are never mentioned again. I am suspicious that the outcomes for Hispanics do not show overt racism, for if they did they surely would be included. If I am right, and Hispanics are subjected to the first escalation in this "process" at a rate comparable to blacks, but with a different outcome, what might be the cause?
    I must assume that racist, white LEOs dislike Hispanics too

2) This chart, of just one aspect of this question, shows that black and white percentages of the prison population are about equal, with Hispanic about half those percentages. Both blacks and hispanics are represented at higher rates than their proportion of the population. But is this really about equal outcomes? Because the percentage of men in the prison population is also very disproportionate to their percentage of the population. Should we assume that the criminal justice system is sexist, too. Or should we assume that raw data can usually be selected, interpreted and presented to pretty much support the biases of the writer whatever they may be

"Figures lie and liars figure"

View attachment 59587

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A lot of studies that look at these things find that it is socioeconomic based. But that doesn't support the race baiters.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Guys, guys, guys. It's Friday. We all just need to relax an enjoy the weekend. Let's change the subject.

Hey, I've got an idea that no one could possibly take the wrong way. Everyone, name your favorite melon.
    I'll go first: Honeydew.

I can't remember what they're called but I know they're really large so I searched them and found them:

big-cleavage-little-nipple-white-bikini-top2.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You're asking for thoughts on opinions, I'm asking for thoughts on facts. We're steering the question away from the subject... why are people kneeling. You were given examples. You can address them or not, if you see merit in them. If you wish to steer the conversation into speaking about gang culture and govt, feel free to start a thread, otherwise it will appear (at least to me) that you are trying to justify the disparity in treatment, by pointing to bad actors.

Well, the disparity in treatment could be caused by a disparity in the percentage of bad actors in an ethnic group relative to their overall percentage of the population. And gang culture and beliefs about the rule of law would certainly be relevant to any discussion of why a certain porrtion of the population is more likely to rub sparks off the criminal justice system. To me, it seems like the "differences=racism" subset are unwilling to consider any other possible explanations. Proper scientific method would entail testing the hypothesis of racism after the assertion is made and reporting evidence of racisms effect on the results. That would entail not just highlighting more blacks in the outcome, which is only a statistic, but actual reproduceable testing teasing out the attitudes of the populace, LEOs, prosecutors etc

Just off the top of my head, I can think of a possible experiment if it were constitutional. In several representative courts, we could have potential jurors sequestered and interviewed via closed circuit audio for voir dire. Information provided textually to the concerned parties would be sanitized, where possible, of information that would allow inference of race or socioeconomic status. You might even need to acoustically alter the potential jurors voice. Once you have controlled for all the possible sources of bias that you can, you would run a test period and compare the percentage of "ethnic" jurors rejected to the pre-existing percentages prior to testing. If there was significant variation between the two periods, then you might be able to claim what is claimed now without of scientific evidence (subject to peer review, of course)

Why is work like this not done, funded by the many organizations who like to claim pervasive racism? If they are so confident of pervasive racism you'd think they would want scientific proof, unless "all whites are racist" is itself just another racist attitude driven by the "wisdom" of the crowd

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ah gotcha. I got carried away. They can have at it. But FYI 1% is a significant difference.

This is your opinion. In reality it is case-specific and dependent on the quantities being compared and the mathematical accuracy of the method of quantification

For example, a reported effect in a clinical trial must usually be adverse and occur in ~2% or more of the test subjects (but not the controls) in order to be listed as a "side effect"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is your opinion. In reality it is case-specific and dependent on the quantities being compared and the mathematical accuracy of the method of quantification

For example, a reported effect in a clinical trial must usually be adverse and occur in ~2% or more of the test subjects (but not the controls) in order to be listed as a "side effect"

lol, ok

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dogpile: When it seems that a single individual is hammered on by a group. Typically different arguments are brought forth with the overall objective to discredit the opponent. In certain venues it is considering bullying...typically 5th or 6th grade.

Personally, I still haven't figured out why these players are kneeling in protest when I generally view kneeling as an act of submission. But that's just me. I also don't think I'm going to find the answer to my question here as many here appear to be on the offense against a reasonable individual who just happens to be black.

10-7

10-1

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Guys, guys, guys. It's Friday. We all just need to relax an enjoy the weekend. Let's change the subject.

Hey, I've got an idea that no one could possibly take the wrong way. Everyone, name your favorite melon.
    I'll go first: Honeydew.

I'm with you in terms of consumable fruit melons. Honeydew rules.

Re: muskmelon - is that what you savages call a cantaloupe? That's a good melon, but not in the same league as honeydew.

The best is to have chunks of both honeydew and cantaloupe in your bowl, perhaps with some pineapple, strawberries, and a grape or two. That's some good eatin'.

I can't remember what they're called but I know they're really large so I searched them and found them:

big-cleavage-little-nipple-white-bikini-top2.jpg

She seems like a very nice girl. Probably did well on her SAT and does lots of volunteer charity work.

ON TOPIC: This morning I heard a someone on tv raise an issue I had not previously considered. The topic was kids wanting to take a knee during the anthem at their games, essentially mimicking their NFL role models. The question was raised, why should that be allowed when there are so many places that won't let the same kids take a knee to pray in the same venue. Hmmm . . .

AND, I still like chicken.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Right, only racial overtones. So, you see racial overtones in those two comments? Because all of the rest of the detoured comments were playing off of them, just like most other threads on INGO tend to do at some point if they last long enough.

Some people see the world through race [STRIKE]colored[/STRIKE] [tinted] glasses

[Use of 'colored' could be misinterpreted, which is one of the things wrong with this 'conversation'. Too many landmines]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some people see the world through race [STRIKE]colored[/STRIKE] [tinted] glasses

[Use of 'colored' could be misinterpreted, which is one of the things wrong with this 'conversation'. Too many landmines]

One of the more insidious aspects of such landmines is that someone people are always looking for them not to avoid them, but to step on them so that everyone nearby gets blasted. Or, they are so obsessed with landmines that if they don't find what they're seeking (wanting), they'll just make one go off anyway.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A funny Colonel Sanders story......

[FONT=&amp]Speaking with This American Life, Ray Callender, KFC's public relations chief during the latter part of the 1970s, discussed a joke Sanders liked to play when he, a black man, and Sanders, the epitome of whiteness, would travel together.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"In the case with me traveling with the colonel, I always sat in the back, believe it or not, and he sat up front with the driver," said Callender of his time in the mash potato monarch's white Cadillac. "And what he would do, when we got to the motel where we stayed, he jumped out of the car and ran to the back to open the door for me, and run ahead to the hotel and guide me through the door, and he would carry the bags.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"And we had, at that point, back in 1976, the doorman came to me, scratching his head, and said, 'You know, I know that man is Colonel Sanders, that Kentucky Fried Chicken guy, millionaire,'" Callender continued.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]"And I said, 'Yeah.' And he said, 'Well, who the hell are you?' And the colonel said, 'That's my son, but we don't talk about that.'"[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom