• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Please explain to me the qualification for being called a "thug," when one kneels in peaceful protest? I, of course, have my suspicions.

3VNBs6f.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Like: North Korea, ACA, the investigation, Puerto Rico...
    ...and I agree.

I imagine you probably blame Trump for the ACA, the investigation(guess you're talking about the russia collaboration that no one can seem to prove), North Korea, and a hurricane in Puerto Rico(which Trump declared a disaster area ahead of time to make money available to them for disaster relief)?
    Guess he cause all the earthquakes in Mexico too!
    Probably caused the failing dam in Puerto Rico

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I imagine you probably blame Trump for the ACA, the investigation(guess you're talking about the russia collaboration that no one can seem to prove), North Korea, and a hurricane in Puerto Rico(which Trump declared a disaster area ahead of time to make money available to them for disaster relief)?
    Guess he cause all the earthquakes in Mexico too!
    Probably caused the failing dam in Puerto Rico

I think your imagination should stick to the basics, rainbows and unicorns, if that's what you think. To any other critical thinker, I think it's obvious the president should address the issues, whether he created them or not, while sitting in the big chair.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, how do you manipulate NASCAR? Aren't all the cars essentially the same, spec-wise?

That is the manipulation. To much control. It is not supposed to be a spec series. Innovation was the rule of the day. Hell Kut at some tracks they issued the rear springs/shock packages. That is not racing. The fans know it and the empty seats show it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I think your imagination should stick to the basics, rainbows and unicorns, if that's what you think. To any other critical thinker, I think it's obvious the president should address the issues, whether he created them or not, while sitting in the big chair.

Tell me how he hasn't tried to address these issues? The ACA he has tried to get the House and Senate to go thru with a repeal and replace twice and just a repeal once. Still not sure what he's supposed to do about an investigation into himself colluding with the Russians in an attempt to skew the election(i am assuming this is the investigation you are referring to). North Korea, i believe hes show pretty good restraint being all the demoncrats said putting Trump in control of the Nuclear arsenal would be disastrous. Puerto Rico, what more can he do. Aid is being sent, despite the fact we've had 2 major events on the mainland. Please school me on what more he can do.
    Im thinking you should run for President:patriot:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just saw on the news that a cup cake shop put a sign in the window that said, "Flag loving Americans welcome."

Posts on their facebook page accused them of being racist.

How long until all who stand for the national anthem are labeled racist?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My issue with all of these "protests" against the country or the flag is their focus on the bad of this country. We aren't pure, angelic figures of history. Our history is tarnished with treatment of Native Americans, slavery, Tuskegee experiments, lobotomizations and so forth.

But we have also done great things. Of course any slave wants to be free, but it was nonslaves that fought against slavery in a civil war that ripped our country apart. Our soldiers have taken up arms and fought for noble and just ideals such as freedom, liberty, and the struggle against oppression. Forget that politicians may have had other agendas, our soldiers have signed up by the millions in the Civil War, WWI, WWII and other conflicts for just and noble causes. Our people at their core are good and strive for justice.

We have passed laws to protect the minorities and embraced a Constitution that pushes equal justice and equal treatment for all. Of course it isn't perfect and may always have room for improvement, but it strives for the noblest and highest ideals of mankind.

We also don't turn away from facing our tarnished history. Slavery, separate but equal, maltreatment of Native Americans, womens suffrage, etc are all taught in schools. We aren't like Turkey that continually balks at facing their actions in the Armenian genocide, we know what we have done wrong and strive to correct it so that never again will it be a blemish on our history.

These nincompoops only want to point at our blemishes and not embrace our nobility. While I fully support their right to free expression I also see the time, place, and manner to be wrongly chosen. They are on the payroll of their employer, not on their own free time. Why hasn't a single one of them gone to another game where they weren't playing and raised a banner? My thought is that they're just not really protesting, but only looking for attention. Perhaps it would be best if their employer(s) terminated their contracts and gave them time to reflect and ponder the appropriateness of the time, place and manner of their most inappropriate actions.

Regards,

Doug

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My issue with all of these "protests" against the country or the flag is their focus on the bad of this country. We aren't pure, angelic figures of history. Our history is tarnished with treatment of Native Americans, slavery, Tuskegee experiments, lobotomizations and so forth.

But we have also done great things. Of course any slave wants to be free, but it was nonslaves that fought against slavery in a civil war that ripped our country apart. Our soldiers have taken up arms and fought for noble and just ideals such as freedom, liberty, and the struggle against oppression. Forget that politicians may have had other agendas, our soldiers have signed up by the millions in the Civil War, WWI, WWII and other conflicts for just and noble causes. Our people at their core are good and strive for justice.

We have passed laws to protect the minorities and embraced a Constitution that pushes equal justice and equal treatment for all. Of course it isn't perfect and may always have room for improvement, but it strives for the noblest and highest ideals of mankind.

We also don't turn away from facing our tarnished history. Slavery, separate but equal, maltreatment of Native Americans, womens suffrage, etc are all taught in schools. We aren't like Turkey that continually balks at facing their actions in the Armenian genocide, we know what we have done wrong and strive to correct it so that never again will it be a blemish on our history.

These nincompoops only want to point at our blemishes and not embrace our nobility. While I fully support their right to free expression I also see the time, place, and manner to be wrongly chosen. They are on the payroll of their employer, not on their own free time. Why hasn't a single one of them gone to another game where they weren't playing and raised a banner? My thought is that they're just not really protesting, but only looking for attention. Perhaps it would be best if their employer(s) terminated their contracts and gave them time to reflect and ponder the appropriateness of the time, place and manner of their most inappropriate actions.

Regards,

Doug
    :+1:
    Would rep more if i knew how

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I just saw on the news that a cup cake shop put a sign in the window that said, "Flag loving Americans welcome."

Posts on their facebook page accused them of being racist.

How long until all who stand for the national anthem are labeled racist?

The *******s kneeling probably already believe that.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think this thread is proof that a lot of people view this protest as confusing and disrespectful. If that's the case, then this is a serendipitous situation for Trump. He's actually gotten liberals to disrespect the National Anthem! Does anyone think all those folks who voted for him last November aren't going to support him more after this? The appearance is that those against Trump are disrespecting the country, the flag, the Anthem, AND veterans...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom