Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I admit to watching some play off games. I have been pretty sick with this evil Flu so doing much of anything else was just not in the cards.

I watched a few games during the season but the quality of play was just crappy.

About the flu. The crud is definitely going around this year. Just about everyone I work with has gotten it. So far I’ve lucked out but I’m probably end up with it at some point.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I watched a few games during the season but the quality of play was just crappy.

About the flu. The crud is definitely going around this year. Just about everyone I work with has gotten it. So far I’ve lucked out but I’m probably end up with it at some point.

Quality of play stunk during the season, but I have to admit I've been checking out the playoffs. I'm a junkie, and good football is hard to give up.

About the flu, it's definitely going around. A round of that stuff has decimated our delivery driver crew. It spread us out so thin we have had difficutly making deliveries on time. I had a mild case of the flu during Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping I skate by and don't get sick again.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    On The Five yesterday they noted that the Eagles had been told they had to dump their quarterback at the start of the year and hire Kapernick to have any hope of making the playoffs...
    I guess it is a good thing they ignored that advice.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    ...It would've been nice if he had also thrown in "....and for the right to protest." :dunno:

You keep missing the point. CK has the right to protest. The government can’t touch him. We also have the right to protest his protest in whatever peaceable method we choose. Including boycotts and ridicule of people we believe deserve the opprobrium.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    ...It would've been nice if he had also thrown in "....and for the right to protest." :dunno:
    They did, they said Flag! Whether you like it or not, the Flag stands for the country and all our rights. Because people think CK is a douche for disrespecting that flag, and all who served under it, is also a right! **** THE NFL FOR GIVING CREDENCE TO IT DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!!! Why not sit his privileged ass out during the half time show to do his protest!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They did, they said Flag! Whether you like it or not, the Flag stands for the country and all our rights. Because people think CK is a douche for disrespecting that flag, and all who served under it, is also a right!

That is demonstrably false. But I do appreciate you acknowledging that it is acceptable (though somewhat confusing) that those charged with defending our rights have their ability to show their disdain for people expressing their rights.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That is demonstrably false. But I do appreciate you acknowledging that it is acceptable (though somewhat confusing) that those charged with defending our rights have their ability to show their disdain for people expressing their rights.
    Funny, it’s us expressing our rights to show disdain for those expressing the rights protected by others!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny, it’s us expressing our rights to show disdain for those expressing the rights protected by others!

"Us," as in the the people, the citizen, no problem.... but those using service as a crutch, as if their opinions carry more weight than anyone else, meh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom