Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought the DNA heritage thing was interesting. Pretty much of all my folks came over from the British Isles but the majority of my DNA was Scandinavian and Italian (other than Irish/British). So I assume Vikings and Romans that invaded?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I thought the DNA heritage thing was interesting. Pretty much of all my folks came over from the British Isles but the majority of my DNA was Scandinavian and Italian (other than Irish/British). So I assume Vikings and Romans that invaded?

Yes sir...Ancestry DNA goes back 1000-2000 years...When they do a DNA test on someone living IN south England it's 25 % Western European or Scandinavian...You had the Norman Invasion, Germanic tribes, and of course the Vikings colonizing Great Britain....It is believed many Roman's stayed on to settle in England...Even a theory that King Arthur was a Roman Soldier....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    2qtk2sm.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The massive cost in lives and suffering totally invalidates this argument and puts it among the most ignorant things I have ever read.

I think it should be left to individuals involved to decide for themselves whether they think they're better off. I kinda doubt any would say they think so.

Fixed. That was a typo. I meant to say Kaep.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So time was making a comparison when...
    x0pqu8.jpg

2w40lzb.jpg

Uhhh, Kut - that Time cover is from March 13, 1933. The MotY that year was Hugh S Johnson

(Hint: Godwin's law applies much later, after "Peace for our time")

Hitler's strategic program for world domination was based on the belief in the power of Lebensraum, pursued by a racially superior society. People deemed to be part of inferior races, within the territory of Lebensraum expansion, were subjected to expulsion or destruction. The eugenics of Lebensraum assumed the right of the German Aryan master race (Herrenvolk) to remove indigenous people they considered to be of inferior racial stock (Untermenschen) in the name of their own living space. [ <==== real, actual racism ]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You keep harping about Kut getting "trolled", but I'm not sure that your own perceptions aren't tilting your opinion maybe just a little.

If someone put my picture up next to pictures of others, who were unsavory characters and said that I was "In their company", I'd want to have a "face-to-face conversation" with that guy (as Churchmouse says).

The meme doesn't outright say that Kaep is a sexual predator, but to say that it's totally off-base to think that, in my mind, shows your own mind-set. That meme was conceived so that the obvious implication could be denied.

You could be right, but I took it more as "meh, he's in good company" - a critique of the mag's selection criteria

But as such, it is a weak criticism, because the others were chosen before their perfidy was known whereas Kaep was chosen despite his well known controversiality. The Venn diagram has no overlap

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I asked you this question before, and I'm not sure if you answered it. Did the whole nation oppress Black people when MLK Jr, was marching?

I thought when MLK Jr was marching they were marching for something (civil rights) not against someone (whites, southern racists etc)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You could be right, but I took it more as "meh, he's in good company" - a critique of the mag's selection criteria

But as such, it is a weak criticism, because the others were chosen before their perfidy was known whereas Kaep was chosen despite his well known controversiality. The Venn diagram has no overlap

I think this is probably a better way of saying it than I did, but essentially this is my thinking.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I hadn't thought about that fact. Maybe GQ is subliminally trying to tell us something about Kaep that we don't already know?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We've been through six month of protest ********, and it didn't cross this dude's mind that he may get a little static over shooting hoops during The National Anthem? He was either looking to make some sort of statement, or is one of the dumbest ************* walking the earth.

image.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom