• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Though I don't particularly like Jerry Jones, I've gotta agree wholeheartedly with his position on this matter, which I'll paraphrase:

Want to kneel PRIOR to the anthem to draw attention and awareness to your cause and to protest and I'll kneel with you. But, if you don't stand for the anthem to show respect for the flag, the country and those whose blood gave you the freedom to protest, then you will not take the field, you will not play for me, you'll sit the bench.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Though I don't particularly like Jerry Jones, I've gotta agree wholeheartedly with his position on this matter, which I'll paraphrase:

Want to kneel PRIOR to the anthem to draw attention and awareness to your cause and to protest and I'll kneel with you. But, if you don't stand for the anthem to show respect for the flag, the country and those whose blood gave you the freedom to protest, then you will not take the field, you will not play for me, you'll sit the bench.

Didn't that a-hole take a knee WITH his players during the first game of the season? Seems the political views in Dallas are tied heavily to the old pocket book.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Didn't that a-hole take a knee WITH his players during the first game of the season? Seems the political views in Dallas are tied heavily to the old pocket book.

Yes, he did... and I was initially pissed when I heard about it, assuming that it was during the anthem and in keeping with my also a-hole opinion of him... then I read that it was NOT during the anthem, but PRIOR to it. They then all stood for the anthem.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think everyone can agree that signing Kaepernick at this point would be a huge financial risk for a franchise. He is a lightning rod and, right or wrong, would probably mean a loss in attendance and other revenue for the team. So if ownership determines they are unwilling to take that risk are they liable to him for damages for not signing him? CNN has an article already counting the millions that he is going to make from his suit against the NFL. I am not so sure but I've been surprised by frivolous lawsuits before.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Yes, he did... and I was initially pissed when I heard about it, assuming that it was during the anthem and in keeping with my also a-hole opinion of him... then I read that it was NOT during the anthem, but PRIOR to it. They then all stood for the anthem.

My apologies to Mr. Jones then about his kneeling. . .he's still a wipe of the butt variety though.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Before/after, it's all the same anti-white, anti-American BS to me. "America" oppressing "people of color" is garbage no matter when they say it.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Didn't he quit the team last year? I think I saw his record was 1-10? That's 1 more win than I had in the NFL last year. Wow he must be good. Why can't I sue cause no NFL team has called me to play.

Jason

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think everyone can agree that signing Kaepernick at this point would be a huge financial risk for a franchise. He is a lightning rod and, right or wrong, would probably mean a loss in attendance and other revenue for the team. So if ownership determines they are unwilling to take that risk are they liable to him for damages for not signing him? CNN has an article already counting the millions that he is going to make from his suit against the NFL. I am not so sure but I've been surprised by frivolous lawsuits before.

No... unless teams conspired against him, and he has proof of it. Then they would be in violation of the collective bargaining agreement the league had with the NFLPA. It also doesn't help that the president weighed in, and contacted teams.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Didn't he quit the team last year? I think I saw his record was 1-10? That's 1 more win than I had in the NFL last year. Wow he must be good. Why can't I sue cause no NFL team has called me to play.

Jason

....um because you aren't part of the NFLPA, and assumedly, don't have a legally binding agreement with them? :dunno:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

He is literally bringing back slavery. Ask twitter. It's for realz.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Who knows what Nissa will start tweeting about whatever franchise wants to give him a shot. Soon as she caught wind the Ravens were talking about him, she tweeted that Ray Lewis is the house n-word.

You know. I'm starting to suspect that Kaepernick is being played.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No... unless teams conspired against him, and he has proof of it. Then they would be in violation of the collective bargaining agreement the league had with the NFLPA. It also doesn't help that the president weighed in, and contacted teams.

President should have stayed out of this. No one signing Kaepernick is not evidence of collusion. So hopefully they have more than that if they want to be taken seriously. I think there are plenty of reasons not to sign him. He probably has a few good years of mediocrity in him, and might have been a good fit in Baltimore. And let's just say Nessa opening her mind on Twitter for all to see what's in it, had nothing to do with Kaepernick not getting signed.

Still, why would a team sign Kaepernick and risk losing fans like the NFL has lost since this whole thing started? The NFL is about teams making money. And I dunno. Maybe Goodell put out a memo threatening any team which signed Kaepernick. That would certainly be collusion. But why wouldn't it be obvious to any team that signing Kaepernick is an obvious liability not made worth it by Kaepernick's mediocre talent?

I'm pretty sure if it were Cam Newton who knelt and not Kaepernick, (notwithstanding his own performance issues lately) he'd be still be the quarterback for the Carolina Panthers. There's more to the equation than kneeling. There are the trade offs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President should have stayed out of this. No one signing Kaepernick is not evidence of collusion. So hopefully they have more than that if they want to be taken seriously. I think there are plenty of reasons not to sign him. He probably has a few good years of mediocrity in him, and might have been a good fit in Baltimore. And let's just say Nessa opening her mind on Twitter for all to see what's in it, had nothing to do with Kaepernick not getting signed.

Still, why would a team sign Kaepernick and risk losing fans like the NFL has lost since this whole thing started? The NFL is about teams making money. And I dunno. Maybe Goodell put out a memo threatening any team which signed Kaepernick. That would certainly be collusion. But why wouldn't it be obvious to any team that signing Kaepernick is an obvious liability not made worth it by Kaepernick's mediocre talent?

I'm pretty sure if it were Cam Newton who knelt and not Kaepernick, (notwithstanding his own performance issues lately) he'd be still be the quarterback for the Carolina Panthers. There's more to the equation than kneeling. There are the trade offs.

It arguable that if the president called several teams and then discussed amongst themselves, Colin, and his protests, that it isn't collusion. I think it's probably a fair bet that they did, and if they haven't they will be at the meeting this week. The question is, what proof does he have. Not saying he'll win, but Colin doesn't have a weak case.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Jaguars apologize to local military for anthem demonstration | The Sun Herald

Sounding full retreat? Before there is long-term damage to their money printing machine:

CBS earnings to disappoint due to weak NFL ratings, Credit Suisse says:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs...e-to-weak-nfl-ratings-credit-suisse-says.html

My apologies to Mr. Jones then about his kneeling. . .he's still a wipe of the butt variety though.

Ditto... same process I went through.

He is literally bringing back slavery. Ask twitter. It's for realz.

Twitter is entertaining... the hyper-ventalating reminds me of when my children were young. Lolz.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It arguable that if the president called several teams and then discussed amongst themselves, Colin, and his protests, that it isn't collusion. I think it's probably a fair bet that they did, and if they haven't they will be at the meeting this week. The question is, what proof does he have. Not saying he'll win, but Colin doesn't have a weak case.

Did the president call several teams? If he did, did he discuss blacklisting Kaepernick with them? If the answer to either is no, then I don't see how the President would be relevant to Kaepernick's collusion grievance. I think the kind of information that would be required to prove that would be very difficult to get, even if it were true.

Also, I don't know how you could say Kaepernick doens't have a weak case unless you know what proof he has. He would have to have credible information that shows that the NFL conspired with one or more teams to "blacklist" Kaepernick, or, that two or more teams conspired to blacklist him. Absent obvious evidence to support that, there is no way, unless you're privy to public information I'm unaware of, that Kaepernick has a strong case. It doesn't matter if NFL teams hired other QBs not as good as Kaepernick. "It ain't fair" isn't an argument that it's collusion.

An NFL owner can say to his staff, I don't like that SOB, I don't like his politics, I'm offended that he kneels for the anthem, I don't give a flying **** how good he is, I don't want that SOB playing for my team. The team is not obligated to pick the best player of those available. So not signing him is not evidence of collusion, and in terms of the information available to us, it most certainly is not obvious that Colin doesn't have a weak case.

If his legal team got hold of some emails, or credible eye-witness testimonies of witnessing other teams or NFL officials colluding with teams not to sign Kaepernick, that's different. But that's also not obvious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom