• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Even if he wasn't retired, Liberty, that would be an extremely bad idea. That would be trying to impose real world consequences for someones internet opinions and is more like a tactic of Antifa/SJWs/radical left

Would you wish to be on the receiving end of similar treatment? Golden rule

I don't disagree with your point and I'm not advocating anyone harass anyone. I was taking Kut at his word that he really had first hand knowledge of racist behavior of fellow officers, but at the same time, I can see Kut's shtick - cast aspersions, infuse "racism" into every conversation, make unfounded accusations, then play obtuse when pressed for details and run to his lol safe space. I'll chalk up his personal "knowledge" of racist officers as just more of his inane shtick.

Let's get back on topic. How many SOB's protested today? :D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mmmmm

Maybe they should be protesting something else.

34.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

There's a good buzz word, collusion. Russia, Russia, Russia worked really well for a while, eh Kut? ;)

I don't disagree with your point and I'm not advocating anyone harass anyone. I was taking Kut at his word that he really had first hand knowledge of racist behavior of fellow officers, but at the same time, I can see Kut's shtick - cast aspersions, infuse "racism" into every conversation, make unfounded accusations, then play obtuse when pressed for details and run to his lol safe space. I'll chalk up his personal "knowledge" of racist officers as just more of his inane shtick.

Let's get back on topic. How many SOB's protested today? :D

Ditto; How many SOB's protested today?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Let's not forget that there's a good chance he would be playing for the Ravens right now, but his girlfriend tweeting racist statements may have cost him the gig. I don't hate her for saying what she did either. Twitter is an acceptable format for expressing yourself. However, that doesn't mean there won't be some fall out for the nutty statements you put out there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Let's not forget that there's a good chance he would be playing for the Ravens right now, but his girlfriend tweeting racist statements may have cost him the gig. I don't hate her for saying what she did either. Twitter is an acceptable format for expressing yourself. However, that doesn't mean there won't be some fall out for the nutty statements you put out there.

What racist statement? Seriously. I hadn't heard that before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An intersting take:
    But Trump’s intervention — through last week’s tweet and its implied threat that the government would change tax laws to hurt the NFL — could provide the players with a stronger legal basis for a free speech challenge against the United States, some legal scholars said. Left unchecked, Trump as president could financially compel any number of companies and private entities to do exactly what he wants, they said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.d961365df6f9

The president may have unwittingly allowed the NFL kneelers the opportunity to continue their protests even if the NFL vote to not allow them to do it. At the very least that means the NFL is going to have to take a LONG hard look at what the are going to do, to keep fans AND players happy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...You have first hand knowledge about racist cops and you need to do something about it. This is what the protestors are asking for and you say you support them. Does that support only consist of lecturing people on an internet forum? You have a real opportunity to take a stand and actually make a difference for something you say is real and a cause you say you believe in.

Now I think I understand why you wouldn't answer my question earlier. It a tough issue for you to face personally since you have first hand knowledge of it and it might cost you something. It's costing the NFL players something but they're not running from the fight. Neither should you. You need to report the racist police abuse and stand up for what you believe in.

Indeed. Retiring, then virtue-signaling from a position of anonymity on a gun forum?

Those retirement a travel plans apparently involve spending a _lot_ of time on a river in Egypt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ^^^^See, KLB people say racism all the time, and haven't a clue how to use it correctly.

I have a fairly broad definition of racism: Regarding race as more important than it is, especially in the context of regarding one's own race as more important than other races.

Painting an entire group of people privileged because of their skin color is racist. There are much more important privileges than whatever racial privilege exists. If you're really poor, really stupid, and really ugly, you're at the bottom. If you're smart, educated, and pretty, there's almost no way you're not going to be successful at something, regardless of race. Race is peddled far too much as a significant privilege by ideologues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have a fairly broad definition of racism: Regarding race as more important than it is, especially in the context of regarding one's own race as more important than other races.

Painting an entire group of people privileged because of their skin color is racist. There are much more important privileges than whatever racial privilege exists. If you're really poor, really stupid, and really ugly, you're at the bottom. If you're smart, educated, and pretty, there's almost no way you're not going to be successful at something, regardless of race. Race is peddled far too much as a significant privilege by ideologues.

If it isn't true, at most, it can only be prejudiced. If it IS true, how could that possibly be racist or prejudiced? For the second bolded part, I think you hit on something without noticing it. Poor, stupid, and ugly... and you relate those to success. We will disregard poor, because that's a contentious subject, but we will address the stupid and ugly. As far as "stupid" goes, there has been study after study that "prove" blacks are less intelligent that whites. Even Fox News jumped on that bandwagon: DNA Discoverer: Blacks Less Intelligent Than Whites | Fox News .... I don't know any black people that subscribe to such nonsense, but here you have a scholarly source to support that argument. I am completely confident that more than a few people completely believe this is true, but would be afraid to say so publicly.

Next we have the idea of beauty. Regardless of what you say, we have been (me included) to see black as ugly. As a black person, the darker you are, the less attractive you were deemed to be, and conversely, the lighter you are, the more attractive (approaching white) you were. Tell me how many dark skinned women you can think of, off the top of your head, that you believe are attractive. This belief, incidentally, led to the "Black is Beautiful" movement. Again you can find a study that supports this belief... London School of Economics psychologist: Black women are less attractive than whites and asians - Telegraph ...personal preference is one thing, by simply dismissing someone as unattractive simply based on race, is quite another. And again, I'm more than confident a fair amount of people believe this, but just aren't willing to say it aloud.

So disregarding poverty, we have scholarly studies that satisfy the belief that black people, are generally less intelligent, and less attractive. I haven't looked, but I'd be surprised to find a study indicating the opposite. That's two of the three, satisfied, to place an entire group "at the bottom," and if you'd like to expand further, one could say that because of those other two strikes, it's understandable why there's poverty amongst that group. So it's very difficult to say that privilege, as far as this discussion goes, is absent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom