• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently his order has been made public: White House Will Require Licenses for Gun Show and Online Arms Dealers - ABC News

Those who sell guns online or at gun shows must obtain a license, according to this story. I'm about to go to the White House website to see if I can find the actual EO.

Cue Alan Gura in 3...2...1...

ETA: The EO does not appear on the White House website as yet. It may well have a specific number of guns that one may sell. I doubt it, but it's possible.

If I obtain a license to sell guns at a gun show, that means that the premises I license must be available for ATF to come in and see. I'm not giving them access to my home. I already hold a C&R, but there is a specification in that process that allows me to take my records to them instead.

Opinion statement: Obama and Biden both need to have sudden cardiac events causing their deaths. In no way, shape, or form do I advocate violence against them. I just would not shed tears at either of their demise.

I am.... displeased.

Blessings,
    Bill
    They still have yet to define what constitutes "in the business" If they don't set some kind of threshold number then I guess it would pertain to all private gun show and online sales. That would start the ball rolling toward universal back ground checks for ALL firearm sales because following their twisted logic there should be no difference whether you sell privately online, at gun shows or in the parking lot at Walmart.

Seems to me they can't just let this edict go open ended and expect to get away with it even though I know they would love to.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    They still have yet to define what constitutes "in the business" If they don't set some kind of threshold number then I guess it would pertain to all private gun show and online sales. That would start the ball rolling toward universal back ground checks for ALL firearm sales because following their twisted logic there should be no difference whether you sell privately online, at gun shows or in the parking lot at Walmart.

Seems to me they can't just let this edict go open ended and expect to get away with it even though I know they would love to.

Apparently, the magic number is "one".

Does congress have the stones to defund the ATF?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently, the magic number is "one".

Does congress have the stones to defund the ATF?
    If that's the case they better grow a pair because it's starting to look more and more like Obama is going to try and bolster the ATF as his private army to do his bidding.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If that's the case they better grow a pair because it's starting to look more and more like Obama is going to try and bolster the ATF as his private army to do his bidding.

Why not he already has the IRS doing his political dirty work.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

How long before a gun show is defined as any two people meeting where an exchange of ammunition or firearms occurs?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If they do go that route, dollars to donuts that there will be a lot of high profile "under cover" stings done on private sellers. Big fines, possible felony convictions, and an example that everyone else better beware. Its the same tactic used in the war on drugs, and the only real effect is that the honest stay honest, and the guys already committed to a life of crime become further hardened by it and more bold.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How long before a gun show is defined as any two people meeting where an exchange of ammunition or firearms occurs?
    Part of the details that were just posted. It could be defined as just that.
    • Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the licensure requirement. But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is “engaged in the business.” For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    That same press release also says without regards to location. It goes on to use gun shows as an example, but without regards to location would also logically include parking lots.

So selling one gun in a parking lot could be considered being in the business. However, it's trick wording. They aren't saying it is being in the business, just that it could be.

Now we just have to see how far the BATFE runs with the blank check to arrest the president just wrote them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That same press release also says without regards to location. It goes on to use gun shows as an example, but without regards to location would also logically include parking lots.

So selling one gun in a parking lot could be considered being in the business. However, it's trick wording. They aren't saying it is being in the business, just that it could be.

Now we just have to see how far the BATFE runs with the blank check to arrest the president just wrote them.
    Yep. That's where I was headed in my previous post. They did a sneaky end around to include online sales and now apparently it applies to everywhere when we thought they were only going after gun show sales. And some people wonder why some of us are so adamant about not conceding one inch to these POS gun grabbers. The go after that whole mile.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I know how you feel. I tried to watch the speech yesterday and when the fake crying started I got a queasy feeling in my stomach. How I do I know it was fake crying? Because as much as I dislike Obama I know he is not stupid. So I know he is well aware that none of his BS executive actions are going to do a damn thing to decrease violence. If he really cared he would put a federal task force together and just sweep the streets of Chicago of all the felons walking around with guns on them.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    AND

I just saw that this is not "Public Town Hall" event - but rather a private event with no ticket sales, but Invite only -

Can you say "CANNED AUDIENCE" ... geeeze. but I'm not shocked.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The NRA were invited to take part, but wisely declined
    BREAKING: NRA to CNN: Take Your Obama "Guns in America" Town Hall And Shove It - The Truth About Guns

If I wasn't at work the next day I might consider turning this into a drinking game. Have a drink/shot every time you hear the phrases;
    - common sense gun control
    - clingers
    - 40% of guns are bought without background checks
    - gunshow loophole
    - if it saves one life
    - think of the children
    - inaction in Congress
    - NRA to blame
    - assault weapons
    - military weapons do not belong on our streets

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    The NRA were invited to take part, but wisely declined
    BREAKING: NRA to CNN: Take Your Obama "Guns in America" Town Hall And Shove It - The Truth About Guns

If I wasn't at work the next day I might consider turning this into a drinking game. Have a drink/shot every time you hear the phrases;
    - common sense gun control
    - clingers
    - 40% of guns are bought without background checks
    - gunshow loophole
    - if it saves one life
    - think of the children
    - inaction in Congress
    - NRA to blame
    - assault weapons
    - military weapons do not belong on our streets

"I"
    "Me"