• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    So I'm at work and the TV is on. Apparently, Obama will announce his new orders on this so-called "hour long town hall".

May be a dupe- can't search worth a da*n on this tablet.

Blessings,
    Bill

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thought he was meeting with AG Lynch Monday to determine what he could do? Sounds as if it's already decided?

Where's my NRA commercials educating the general public on the BS % figures being quoted to them and what "background checks" truly mean?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My bet is there will be a very highly publicized shooting before that interview to stoke the fire. Look for a workplace violence or something similar early next week.

He knows without it nobody will watch.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I sure hope Anderson Cooper asks Obama about the 11.68% drop in gun murders since he took office.

CXz4QO8WEAMgjfd.jpg:large

I even jointed Twitter (ugh) so that I could 'tweet' that image, along with its source (FBI UCR Expanded Homicide Data Table 8) to Cooper.

Not holding my breath...

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Cooper is about as popular as Obama and both are extreme narcissists. This is a publicity stunt for both of them to get some more press and pump up their egos. Obama will push his agenda once again, and I hope my earlier prediction in this thread doesn't give him a fresh event to talk about.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    My first reaction why listen to him lie more? But hey this is going to be devastating to a whole lot of people. And this detached narcissist could care less what the real effects of his king like actions are. I think I will watch just to see how he has honed his skills at manipulating the truth.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thought he was meeting with AG Lynch Monday to determine what he could do? Sounds as if it's already decided?

Where's my NRA commercials educating the general public on the BS % figures being quoted to them and what "background checks" truly mean?
    He's not meeting with her to decide constitutionality. He's meeting with her to think of ways others might find it unconstitutional and how to counter them.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hmm, Obama on CNN talking gun control. I'm sure the topic will be evenly presented so we can decide for ourselves. :lmfao:

Exactly. Notice that all of the meetings Obama has been having have been with Gun CONTROL advocates? A good leader that was genuinely trying to make a good decision would hear arguments from both sides. Instead, he's going with what he wants to do, and wants a bunch of yes men to rally around him and make him think his idea is a good one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Exactly. Notice that all of the meetings Obama has been having have been with Gun CONTROL advocates? A good leader that was genuinely trying to make a good decision would hear arguments from both sides. Instead, he's going with what he wants to do, and wants a bunch of yes men to rally around him and make him think his idea is a good one.
    Like I've said before. He consulted with "Big Nanny" Bloomberg before all this went down. That tells me all I need to know regarding what this is really all about and for who's benefit.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Apparently his order has been made public: White House Will Require Licenses for Gun Show and Online Arms Dealers - ABC News

Those who sell guns online or at gun shows must obtain a license, according to this story. I'm about to go to the White House website to see if I can find the actual EO.

Cue Alan Gura in 3...2...1...

ETA: The EO does not appear on the White House website as yet. It may well have a specific number of guns that one may sell. I doubt it, but it's possible.

If I obtain a license to sell guns at a gun show, that means that the premises I license must be available for ATF to come in and see. I'm not giving them access to my home. I already hold a C&R, but there is a specification in that process that allows me to take my records to them instead.

Opinion statement: Obama and Biden both need to have sudden cardiac events causing their deaths. In no way, shape, or form do I advocate violence against them. I just would not shed tears at either of their demise.

I am.... displeased.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Obama said:
    “This is not going to solve every violent crime in this country. It’s not going to prevent every mass shooting. It’s not going to keep every gun out of the hands of a criminal,” he said. “It will potentially save lives in this country and spare families the pain and the extraordinary loss that they’ve suffered as a consequence of a firearm being in the hands of wrong people.”

"Potentially"

Top Bottom