• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    "And the NRA is just as wrong when it opposes efforts to restrict drum magazines that can hold 100 rounds, such as the one the gunman in Colorado used to mow down moviegoers.

Seriously, please offer me a reasonable and rational explanation as to why someone who isn't a law enforcement officer needs to fire off that many bullets?"

Why would a police officer need to fire off that many bullets?

Because they cant shoot :dunno:. Just joking LEOs

Seriously, The only ones in congress saying anythng are the usual suspects Lautenberg, Feintstein, and Moron McCarthy. The poutrage of the gun control freaks in the media has been amusing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The leftists are simply using the recent massacre to just get the guns out of the hands of the citizens.
    They don't care about criminals having guns at this point. In fact, the more the better so that the populace caves to gun control out of fear of their lives.

While they conveniently forget that the largest massacre in history on US civilians was started with a boxcutter...and never involved a firearm

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Seriously, the anything can be an "assault weapon". My sword is sharp enough to take off limbs. That can be an assault weapon because it can be used to assault people and it's a weapon

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I was talking to my sister a couple of days ago, and she brought up the Colorado mass-murder. I corrected two errors in her thinking (more, probably, but those for sure)
    1) I don't know about the state she lives in, but it is not illegal to carry a firearm in a movie theater everywhere. Nor should it be.
    2) Semi-automatic means one bullet for every one squeeze of the trigger. You guessed it: she thought, as most do, that that term meant, "squeeze the trigger and it fires till it's empty".

Just as the antis wanted.

We have much education to do, one sheep at a time.

Blessings,
    Bill

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The average "talking head" doesn't hold enough knowledge to know that "assault weapon" is technical gibberish!

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Im so sick of hearing "Assault Weapon". When will people relize anything could be an "assault weapon" if said item is used to assault someone!

Exactly. Every time Biden or Obama open their mouths, I feel like I have been attacked with an assault weapon. Their words/lies assault my intelligence and common sense.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I was talking to my sister a couple of days ago, and she brought up the Colorado mass-murder. I corrected two errors in her thinking (more, probably, but those for sure)
    1) I don't know about the state she lives in, but it is not illegal to carry a firearm in a movie theater everywhere. Nor should it be.
    2) Semi-automatic means one bullet for every one squeeze of the trigger. You guessed it: she thought, as most do, that that term meant, "squeeze the trigger and it fires till it's empty".

Just as the antis wanted.

Blessings,
    Bill
    I don't get that. I understand people not knowing/caring about guns, but I expect people here to know English--especially those media idiots! Seriously, does she think a semi-circle is round?

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    2. **** off, Roland Martin.

roland.jpg

Does not approve.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm telling you...*snip*

"This is how they do it." **snip**

Who? What? Where? The colonies? Soviets? Kazakhstan? Where does all this f**ken paranoia come from. Waco, revenuers? Chill, this is America. The gov't has hellfire missiles, tanks, tactical nukes, and chemical weapons. We don't need 'assault weapons' and 100 rnd drums. We just 'want' them. If the gov't gets that bad that you think it's time for a revolution, then get the military on your side.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Semi-automatic means one bullet for every one squeeze of the trigger. You guessed it: she thought, as most do, that that term meant, "squeeze the trigger and it fires till it's empty".
    The crucial point on this issue, and one I've gone to lengths to explain in person when possible. Many, including even some gun owners, still don't know this. They see or hear "semiautomatic" - they think machine gun (like they saw in a Hollywood movie). Regarding the AK47 specifically, in addition to an image of being fully automatic at all times, they seem to think it is some kind of superweapon with power far beyond its actual capabilities.

Agree. Had the print version of this sitting on a shelf since the '90s.

The Great Assault Weapon Hoax

HTH

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Just as MTC and Bill eloquently stated, most people believe that both "Semi Automatic" are full auto.

The Brady Campaign has been putting forth the propaganda for years, that if it looks like a machine gun, it is a machine gun

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm telling you...*snip*

"This is how they do it." **snip**

Who? What? Where? The colonies? Soviets? Kazakhstan? Where does all this f**ken paranoia come from. Waco, revenuers? Chill, this is America. The gov't has hellfire missiles, tanks, tactical nukes, and chemical weapons. We don't need 'assault weapons' and 100 rnd drums. We just 'want' them. If the gov't gets that bad that you think it's time for a revolution, then get the military on your side.

Mmm-k.

You missed my point. But that's ok.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    If an assault weapon is for assaulting someone, what's a goose gun for?
    Does a Saturday nite special only work one day a week?
    Is a sniper rifle for hunting snipes?
    Who makes up these names and why do gun owners encourage this trend by repeating them?
    AN ASSAULT WEAPON IS A MACHINE GUN...THEY HAVE BEEN ILLEGAL FOR ALMOST EVERYBODY
    FOR 70 YEARS

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    The average American also doesn't need 20 oz. sodas, or baby formula. We could also do without cars larger than Priuses, or more than three lights per house, or air conditioning or heat above 66. The average American also doesn't need more than one pair of shoes or pants, or more than 2000 calories per day, or an income above the poverty line. We don't need to take vacations, or have retirement savings. Certainly we don't need big screen TVs, laptops, or other toys.

After all, we didn't get here on our own. We owe it to the government, to start making sacrifices until we attain perfection here on earth.

It's a slippery slope. There's a lot of stuff we don't need, if we were willing to live like Buddhist monks. But then who would pay all those taxes the government NEEDS (?) to support those who won't pull their own weight?

Maybe this is right, we don't NEED evil weapons, but the government should not presume to take away our right to choose (sound familiar?).

Top Bottom