• ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Comment on Roland Martin CNN article.

"Roland - I love you, Man. But even as a liberal Democrat, I must disagree. I own these kinds of firearms, and for a good reason. The right to bear arms for me has but one purpose: to deter tyranny. You may think we don't have to worry about that as Americans. Heaven forbid there should come day that I should have to protect myself from my own government. You know as well as i do (I'm a lawyer) that we're always just one executive order away from becoming a dictatorship. No one knows what tomorrow holds. Our government does some really crazy and stupid things. Remember the Japanese Interments in WWII? When the threat of tyranny is removed from this world, I will gladly give up these weapons. Hell, if that threat is ever eliminated in this country, I'll give them up."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is my 03 Springfield an assault weapon? It quite likely has killed men in war. Same goes for my Garand. Is it an assault rifle? Obviously Patton quite was quite impressed with it. These people are all ignorant idiots.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    "Americans have the right to bear arms, but nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say that you must be able to bear any arms your heart desires." Really Man?! If Thomas Jefferson knew what an AK was then i'm pretty sure he would've had one. And also, Jefferson would not be living Chicago like you.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    /Rant on
    I normally do not comment on anything with this type of title. With that being said, everything the media and the government does will have no effect on their intended target: PEOPLE WILLING TO BREAK
    THE LAW!! If someone is willing to break the law to kill a person or persons, what possible deterent is any type of law that tells them they can't own a hi-cap magazine? Or anything else for that matter.
    Until the people in control of this nation figure out that laws only effect the people willing to abide by them, we are doomed to massive amounts of idiotic legislation. Saying that a civilian has no need for an AK-47 or any other firearm is the same as saying no civilian needs a car
    that goes faster than 75 mph.

This is america! We own it because we want it. We are the greatest nation in the world, and other countries are jealous as hell!!!!

If the government would make the justice system more strict and actually punish criminals, rather than giving them education and cable television, I believe we would actually get somewhere.

/Rant Off

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    There's that phrase again: "I absolutely and positively support the Second Amendment. Americans have the right to bear arms, but ... "
    As usual. Similar to many gun owners for gun control when they begin their sales pitch for whatever "common sense laws" and "reasonable restrictions" they favor, the main clause and subsequent comments belie the prefatory clause or statement.

"To all of you gun lovers, feel free to go buy your Glock, shotgun, hunting rifle, .22 pistol, .357 Magnum or any of the other guns at your disposal."
    Well now, that's very gracious of you. However, any purchasing or ownership decisions will be made without your blessing, comrade.

But you do not need an AK-47.
    It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

Is my 03 Springfield an assault weapon? It quite likely has killed men in war.
    No, it's a high-powered sniper rifle! Eeek! Run for your lives! It has killed before, and will kill again!
    Same goes for my Garand. Is it an assault rifle? Obviously Patton quite was quite impressed with it.
    It's a semi-automatic, so that makes it a highpoweredbulletsprayingbloodinthestreets instrument of death that no one reasonably needs. And of course that General liked it, 'cause he was a capitalist imperialist warmonger who couldn't visualize whorled peas! And you probably are, too!

Last edited:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    What American's don't need is the Communist News Network.

:+1:
    Was going to say this myself.

Here is something I have been thinking about lately. If these people in the government want to take away our right to bear arms then that says something about them. Think about it, criminals like unarmed citizens. So with that being said then I would say these politicians that are pushing for more gun restrictions would be considered..... :twocents:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Why would Americans need AK-47s? Two answers:

1. Syria
    2. LA riots...

Infuriating twaddle.

Gun deaths here have reached epidemic levels, and too many of us have an out-of-sight, out-of-mind attitude.
    If it's an "epidemic", how can it be out of sight? But for the 24/7 trumpeting of things like Aurora, most of us would have no experience of gun violence at all.

By the way, who is this idiot, and why should the average American give a rat's ass about his opinion?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The leftists are simply using the recent massacre to just get the guns out of the hands of the citizens.
    They don't care about criminals having guns at this point. In fact, the more the better so that the populace caves to gun control out of fear of their lives.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People trying to ban us from having guns that they call "assault weapons" is pretty good evidence that we need to have as many so-called "assault weapons" as possible.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I carry a handgun in case I need to shoot somebody one of these days.

I own AK-47s in case I need to shoot a lot of people one of these days.

Sorry if that offends their delicate sensibilities, but that's the honest truth. If someone doesn't like that, well ... that's just too damned bad now isn't it?

But I'm far above average, so there you go.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Nobody's mind is going to be changed by this article, or this tragic mass murder, with regards to gun control.

NOBODY.

Politicians aren't stupid - they saw what happened in the 90s and early 2000s when gun control was a pillar of the Democratic Party. Today, with the firearm and shooting industry being a rare bright spot in an otherwise dismal national economy under Obama, the threat to jobs & tax bases would play HUGE in an election year.

Besides, even if "assault rifles" were banned tomorrow, there'd still be hundreds of thousands of them out there in private hands...growing in value, not going away any time soon, and certainly not primed to be confiscated.

Bottom line...like everything else, the executive branch shouldn't be the primary concern of gun owners - its the legislative branch, followed closely by the judicial branch.

Oh yeah, molon labe and all that...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well for that matter, the average American doesn't need a 500hp car, or a motorcycle that will top 200mph, or a cell phone, or a TV, or a microwave, or a lot of other common items that our grandparents and parents grew up not needing. Parting with some of those things might take some getting used to, might even be inconvenient, but certainly wouldn't put a dent in the crime rate any more than banning AK-47s. Our parents and grandparents had as much if not more access to firearms that could take out scores of people as we do, but they didn't use them for that purpose, and neither do we. So if CNN and the liberal media are so concerned about mass shootings, what's the relevance of statements about what the average American does or does not need? Are average Americans mass murderers? No. Then talk about effective measures to alter the behavior of mass murderers.

After reading this article, I think I need an AK-47. I bought a gun in honor of Clinton, guess its time to buy one in honor of Obama.:biggun:

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    With all this antigun crap, antimagizine crap, antinumberofbullets crap I am so sick.

Our 2nd Ammendment was created to protect this Great Country from a bad government trying to take us over.

Is the government bad? Is our government afraid of us? Are they hiding something from us? Are they not telling us of their long range plans?

I am think the time is now 23:59:45.

Top Bottom