• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you think the forced entry and vandalism inside the Capitol on 1/6/21 were justified?

• I'm a Democrat and it was wrong and I'd like to signal my virtue here publicly

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I'm a Democrat but admire the chutzpah of the protesters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Here's the video.

If Sam Adams beat the crap out of Peace Officers who were only keeping the peace, then he was a POS. No one there that day was Sam Adams level no matter how they saw themselves. Anyone who did this to the officer is a POS. Anyone who supports the actions towards the officer is a POS. Anyone who witnessed this, had opportunity to intervene and didn't is a POS.
    What do you think the British were doing when an insurrection was happening?

You think they were trying to break the peace or keep the peace?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What do you think the British were doing when an insurrection was happening?

You think they were trying to break the peace or keep the peace?
    This isn't then and I'm sure as hell NOT a redcoat. If you cannot see the difference I'm not sure what to tell you. I've said it time and time again. The "silent majority" that supports the police is a LIE. They only support us if it meshes with their agenda. We were the goods guys over the summer and then we are the redcoats this week.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This isn't then and I'm sure as hell NOT a redcoat. If you cannot see the difference I'm not sure what to tell you. I've said it time and time again. The "silent majority" that supports the police is a LIE. They only support us if it meshes with their agenda. We were the goods guys over the summer and then we are the redcoats this week.

The only difference between then and now is that the fight isn't over yet and the victors aren't writing history books deciding who was and wasn't the bad guys. If the revolutionary war had gone the other way, the founders would be regarded no differently than ISIS.

I don't think it takes a lot of guess work to gauge what makes you look good and what makes you look bad to freedom loving citizens.

Saving corrupted politicians from the repercussions of destroying the lives of their citizens, is a good example of something that doesn't look good.

Saving the general public from having their cities burned to the ground and looted by roving gangs, is a good example of something that looks good.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Unproven because no evidence was allowed to be presented, and before you go all '53 cases and lost them all' may I refer you to my post citing what Jonathan Turley said about that
    No is a pretty strong word. Is that what you believe or know?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Charge who? I has hit in the head with a large chain back in May. Luckily I was wearing my Kevlar helmet. Even if I hadn't, with 3000 rioters surrounding me, how would I ever know who threw it? He was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher. Managed to get back to HQ, then collapsed. He died of a stroke...you are correct. But a stroke cause by blunt force trauma.
    Hit by a chain?

I was told the events in May were mostly peaceful.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No is a pretty strong word. Is that what you believe or know?
    The Turley quote:

Roughly 40% of that electorate have lingering doubts about whether their votes actually matter. Most of the cases challenging the election were not decided on the merits. Indeed, it seems they haven't even been allowed for discovery. Instead, they were largely dismissed on jurisdictional or standing grounds or under the “laches” doctrine that they were brought too late. Those allegations need to be conclusively proven or disproven in the interests of the country.
    It is my assumption that you will now jump directly to the fact he says "most" rather than all, and will promptly go off on some tangent about how many of the cases did allow presentation of evidence (none that I know of, but Turley doesn't say) as if that was the most important point.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The Turley quote:

It is my assumption that you will now jump directly to the fact he says "most" rather than all, and will promptly go off on some tangent about how many of the cases did allow presentation of evidence (none that I know of, but Turley doesn't say) as if that was the most important point.
    No I will go back to my question to you not Turley.

Is that what you believe or what you know?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    The only difference between then and now is that the fight isn't over yet and the victors aren't writing history books deciding who was and wasn't the bad guys. If the revolutionary war had gone the other way, the founders would be regarded no differently than ISIS.

I don't think it takes a lot of guess work to gauge what makes you look good and what makes you look bad to freedom loving citizens.

Saving corrupted politicians from the repercussions of destroying the lives of their citizens, is a good example of something that doesn't look good.

Saving the general public from having their cities burned to the ground and looted by roving gangs, is a good example of something that looks good.
    Comparing cowards to Sam Adams doesn’t look good.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No I will go back to my question to you not Turley.

Is that what you believe or what you know?
    What I believe. I have not been party to the pleadings, been given the filings to read nor had access to whatever written communiques a judge might issue when ruling in such circumstances

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What I believe. I have not been party to the pleadings, been given the filings to read nor had access to whatever written communiques a judge might issue when ruling in such circumstances
    Fair enough. Thanks for answering.

I am not sure Turley would be in the know either so he is probably telling us that is what he believes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He likely has a much higher probability of being in the know then either you or I

Edit: He likely has more and better sources and would seem to have an interest in the process if he was willing to write about it

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    yeah and the "right" including people on INGO said they don't riot when their candidate loses

There may be justification for rebellion but it's sure as heck not over a reality TV star that bamboozled his followers into donating 300 million to him on the basis of his unproven allegations of a stolen election. Now he has them literally killing for him.
    :drama:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I thought the founding fathers were against mob rule.

:coffee:

Maybe some here should stop to consider that it might not be their mob next time.
    Not really mob rule, just "don't **** off the general public or you'll end up tarred and feathered."

Not like the mob can walk in and start writing legislation.

Remind me again, should the citizens fear the government or should the government fear the citizens?
    Since they've made voting irrelevant and got away with it, this is really the last option left for accountability.

W5WMu6d.png

Last edited:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've posted this several times in various threads. It ain't about Trump, at least not for most on the right. It's about freedom and the continuation of our country.

For the left, it's about Trump, misinformation, Trump, control and Trump.
    Good. Then we can agree that it was foolhardy to stage a coup (or something that even looks like a coup) over Trump's election loss. Voting for him because you thought he might drain the swamp, or because he wasn't as bad as certain Democrats, or because he aligned more closely with your views than the Democrats was very reasonable. Fighting to keep him in office was not a worthy goal towards anyone's freedom. If you need any examples of whether these are people you want to support, just look at Pence. He was on their side until he wouldn't do some bizarre thing to keep Trump in power. Then Trump and his merry band were ready to hang Pence.

At this point, moderates now associate every Trump voter if not every conservative with the ugliness that happened Wednesday. That does not bring good people to the side of conservative principles and especially not gun rights.

Some of the 10 million new gun owners might have understood gun rights if/when Congress writes a bill to put the $200 tax on every magazine over 10 rounds. But that will be a small voice now that these rioters made everyone feel that Republicans are dangerous.

Before this, I could claim that most conservative gatherings were not violent. We have numerous examples of protests where guns are visible but stay in their holster as a statement that we would use them only in last resort.

This was not the time to think there was a "last resort" unless you are simply making it about Trump. The process played out. Republican-appointed judges and even a Supreme Court with 3 Trump appointees deemed the election information not significant enough to overturn the results. This group of rioters verified liberal's worst fears about violence: that guys with guns will use it to get their way. It's also apparent that it would have never gotten this far without other conservatives like the whole "Stop the Steal" movement and especially the Republican senators and reps who were refusing to accept the election results. That's why we are all (Republicans, conservatives, gun rights advocates) associated with the riot now. And even IF this was, for some reason you are going to enlighten me on, supposedly time for that "last resort" it alienated the very hearts, minds, and resources that you would need in such a situation.

I agree out representatives are largely corrupt. Even if they aren't personally corrupt, they can't stay in power if they don't take steps to spend our tax dollars in a way that ensures their re-election. I agree that things may someday come to the point where we can't work out our differences peacefully anymore, or the financial situation will be so bad that we may all have to fend for ourselves. If that day comes, I hope as many good people as possible are on the same side. These rioters are no better than a Chicago street gang and don't represent most of us.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The intense outrage you're expressing is a direct result of the way in which the information was provided about what happened, period. There were some bad actors who did some bad things, if tht makes you or anyone else change their opinion of conservatives who cares? Liberals believe all kinds of **** that isn't true, what's new? We're gonna worry about that now?

I'm tired of dealing with this fake outrage, hypocritical ********. Pick a side, stick to it and stop being manipulated by the other. It would be nice if we could have a civil discussion about things and try to come to reasonable (the historical definition, not the new liberal gun grabber definition) agreements but the left is incapable as is anyone without the sense to think for themselves and allows the media to control their emotions.

Nothing that happened in DC says anything about conservatives as a whole. If it does in someone's opinion than that's their problem.

When you treat people like an enemy long enough they're just likely to start acting like one. When attempts are made to censor half of a country we have a very real problem and it ain't got a damned thing to do with a handful of rioters in DC.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope the left continues to focus on what happend in DC and act as if it was the greatest attack we've ever had. I hope they continue to blow it out of proportion, sensationalize it and use it to further attack the conservatives as a whole.

If what happened in DC pushed anyone from "our" side to the other they did "our" side a favor.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Before this, I could claim that most conservative gatherings were not violent. We have numerous examples of protests where guns are visible but stay in their holster as a statement that we would use them only in last resort.
    Get ahold of and think for yourself. You can still claim the vast majority of conservative gatherings have been peaceful.

Top Bottom