• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    It is 50 miles or so. Tuscaloosa is 10 miles southwest of Birmingham and Anniston is about to 40 miles east of Birmingham.

The CMP forum might have some info!
    Anniston and Tuscaloosa are about 100 miles apart (120 driving miles). The Anniston area did get hit, but the South Store didn't. CMP is up and operating, last I heard, although some shippments that were on the FedEx truck when the storms hit were unaccounted for for a little while. But they eventually showed up.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Where is the north store? Im wondering if its close enough to make a day trip or not. Also will have a mil ID qualify me for having the neccessary training?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Where is the north store? Im wondering if its close enough to make a day trip or not. Also will have a mil ID qualify me for having the neccessary training?

Camp Perry, OH...up by the lake....Mil. ID meets one qualification. Check out the CMP site on QA an they also have detailed instruction on how to get there.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Shortly after I originally made this post, I decided(...very stupidly) to trade away the HRA to a buddy. At the time, I wasn't aware that the combination of HRA with an LMR barrel is very desirable. Well, a couple of months ago, I had the opportunity to buy it back and I jumped on it.

CMPRifles20110415-01HandR_zps0wjgxmhn.jpg

I never was a big fan of the CMP Birch replacement stock with the orange colored, sprayed on finish(..."pumpkinwood" some folks call it). So for for Christmas, I ordered myself a semi fancy, walnut stock from Dean's Gun Restoration, a company well known for the beauty and accuracy of their stocks.

My new stock arrived today and I wasted no time mating the pristine HRA metal with the gorgeous new wood.

CMPHRA1955DGRStock-00RightSide_zpssosej2ze.jpg

CMPHRA1955DGRStock-03LeftSide_zps9nl3g9mf.jpg

What do you think???

Last edited:

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Joker that new stock is amazing! The way they cut the top piece out of matching grain to the stock from the blank is pretty awesome I'm afraid to see what that cost but I may go look at what they offer.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Looks classy. That's the great thing abo the M1 rifle...so many different looks. I personally like the dark dark brown look of a well worn USGI stock. Your rifle looks like a showcase piece.

Well done.

Now take it shooting and get a little mud on it.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Looks classy. That's the great thing abo the M1 rifle...so many different looks. I personally like the dark dark brown look of a well worn USGI stock. Your rifle looks like a showcase piece.

Well done.

Now take it shooting and get a little mud on it.

Agreed. Many different looks.

M1ManCavePic_zpsxrqwpxdr.jpg

Attachments

• M1ManCavePic_zpsxrqwpxdr.jpg
      M1ManCavePic_zpsxrqwpxdr.jpg
      103.4 KB · Views: 2

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

When I bought from the North store in Sep 2011. My mil ID qualified me completely. May have changed since though?

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    I am the first week into the wait on my service grade cmp garand. I decided I needed to make it happen due to the response I got from the cmp on garand supply a couple of weeks ago. There response to me was "if you order within the next year you should be ok" That sounds like the end of cmp garands may be near????

Top Bottom