• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Conflicting views. Read my post....I'm sure you will figure it out.

In your links, one mod asked for members who don't have a problem speak up(no opinions were asked) and the other said don't like it don't use it.

I'm guessing you could have found better examples if you are trying to point out conflicting views.:n00b:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I have recently had things not sell on here. No big deal, I went over to gunbroker and got what I wanted for them. It's not INGO's fault.

Tried to sell them in the paper? I wouldn't whine and moan about free classifieds too much Adam.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm not whining. I don't need the 300 that bad. Its like getting an infraction for responding to a question 22 hours after your last post. Instead of sitting there with a stopwatch, moderate the bull**** chatter in the ads. I don't think I've ever sold something for cash, always trading. Broke dick lowballers need to stay out of the classifieds. That's what it boils down to.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    In your links, one mod asked for members who don't have a problem speak up(no opinions were asked) and the other said don't like it don't use it.

I'm guessing you could have found better examples if you are trying to point out conflicting views.:n00b:

As the Staff is taking each and every concern into consideration, we'd also like to get a balanced overall picture of site morale.

Take your time. Read left to right. If you need help, raise your hand.:n00b:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't have a dog in any classified fight right now, but I found something funny (well, at least to me).

One of the long gun sales had the seller requesting to see a LTCH.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I don't have a dog in any classified fight right now, but I found something funny (well, at least to me).

One of the long gun sales had the seller requesting to see a LTCH.

Kind of funny, but it is a good way to discriminate. Probably one of the only legal ways to discriminate other than price discrimination (the only true form of legal discrimination). Turds aren't capable of obtaining a LTCH.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Conflicting views. Read my post....I'm sure you will figure it out.

You quoted two different posts from two different people posted in two different threads in two different subforums. One was a thread-starter post and one was a "+1" post. You probably couldn't find two other posts that had any less in common.

I don't get it. :dunno:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You quoted two different posts from two different people posted in two different threads in two different subforums. One was a thread-starter post and one was a "+1" post. You probably couldn't find two other posts that had any less in common.

I don't get it. :dunno:

You said staff was concerned with our concerns and morale. It doesn't matter what thread or post it was from. Vupd's reply obviously didn't convey that. Why even have a suggestions section if "qft and repped" is the response that was given? Myself and others have made some suggestions, someone needs to man up and say "its staying the way it is" or ask for more suggestions and revise it. I think the classifieds should be like armslist. Won't have to worry about premature bumps, lowball offers or chatter.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You said staff was concerned with our concerns and morale. It doesn't matter what thread or post it was from.

This in and of itself is indeed correct.

Vupd's reply obviously didn't convey that.

His post conveyed his opinion of a solution to your stated problem, as spoken by another member. His opinion was one of "if you don't like them [classifieds], don't use them".

Why even have a suggestions section if "qft and repped" is the response that was given?

In the Support/Suggestions forum, we take the proposal into consideration, give a response, and then close the thread. Sometime we leave it open if we want to gather more information or opinions.

But you posted this thread in the Break Room. When done in this fashion, its looked upon as more of a 'vent' or 'rant'.

Myself and others have made some suggestions, someone needs to man up and say "its staying the way it is" or ask for more suggestions and revise it.

See above.

I think the classifieds should be like armslist. Won't have to worry about premature bumps, lowball offers or chatter.

Thanks for the suggestion. :ingo:

Top Bottom