• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    How about a rule that all cash offers be sent via PM? I hate having something for sale and a lowball offer be posted, it gives a precedence for all other offers to be low. If you can't afford the asking price, don't ask :noway:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Better yet would be that replies be "turned off" so that people quit bumping the ads buy asking questions, low ball offers, ect. :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've never heard of this problem before...Unless you are asking way too much, of course.

Are you referring to the furniture thread? You started off at $700, made your way down to $300 and someone offered you $200...I wouldn't say they were way off base by at least asking.

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    if you have a cash price offered and state that is a firm price why would anybody send an offer for less that is rude unless you are asking for offers jmo

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    You don't negotiate when you're buying?
    Most, if not all people will do some type of negotiating. But by listing your offer in the OP's add, then it can become more like an auction. This will also result in the OP's ad to be repeatedly bumped back to the top of the classifieds. So by sending offers via pm, it keeps the OP's AD in sequence with the rest of the ADs....:twocents:

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Personally, I make my offers by pm. If it's something I want, I certainly don't want the ad bumped for someone else to jump into the mix. I just don't understand the whole "firm" gig. Usually makes me want to ignore the item altogether.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    id rather work through PM's, but no one ever fully reads an ad anyways, so even if you put: "please respond only by PM" they will still post it. the reason i dont like to have a bunch of posts in my ads is because as some are looking through the list of ads and they see an ad has several replies, they will assume its sold and not even open your ad. I think post in the ad loses sales.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I've never heard of this problem before...Unless you are asking way too much, of course.

Are you referring to the furniture thread? You started off at $700, made your way down to $300 and someone offered you $200...I wouldn't say they were way off base by at least asking.

It's the fact that nobody wants to penny up for anything unless it's dirt cheap. My prices did not say OBO. I stated the price, dropped it, and dropped it again. I didn't say $300 OBO. I don't want offers, if they don't have $300 I'll donate it to someone that does NEED it. I mean come on, if you can't afford $300 for Like new $1500 furniture, you shouldn't be buying it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I suppose $250 is out of the question? :D

I was going to tell you I'd take it for $300. But it might be a few weeks before the better half and I could both make it up north so I didn't. Our schedules are pretty conflicting right now. I was looking for something for the rec room. My loss, I'm sure. Good luck with the sale.

I wouldn't be too upset about being low-balled. Just ignore it and bump it in 24 hours. :twocents:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I don't think you should be able to add a post to an add unless its a daily bump or someone is asking a specific question that was left out of the add. I had a buddy on here get nasty pm's on here from a guy that posted I will take it. In the meantime he had already received numerous pm's from other guys. The guy accused him of selling it out from underneath him.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I had a buddy on here get nasty pm's on here from a guy that posted I will take it. In the meantime he had already received numerous pm's from other guys. The guy accused him of selling it out from underneath him.

A simple time stamp can answer any question of who was first. Some guys will post that an "I'll take it" posted into the ad trumps any PMs. I go by first one (by time) to tell me they want. It's rather simple.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why do you need a timestamp? As a seller, you are under no obligation to sell to the first person who says "I'll take it". INGO isn't a speed-auction site. If he's going to get that bent out of shape, then not selling to him was probably a smart move.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    A simple time stamp can answer any question of who was first. Some guys will post that an "I'll take it" posted into the ad trumps any PMs. I go by first one (by time) to tell me they want. It's rather simple.

So your saying if someone posts I will take it they trump everyone else? :dunno:

I have only sold a few things on here and I went with who gave me my asking price or close to it and had the cash in hand. Not the guy that posted I will take and then tried to low ball me or the guy that wants me to hold it for two weeks until his next payday.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    :popcorn:

All of this sounds familiar. :):

If I have something to sell again, I'm thinking I'll lock it with a big NOT YET SOLD in the title... PM if ya want to discuss, lowball, purchase or offer your sophomore annual in trade.

Top Bottom