Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In '69 the code for the 350/350 was RPO L-46. If I remember correctly, a cam change and an aluminum high rise intake turned the L-46 into an LT-1 and bumped the horsepower from 350 to 370.
    You are correct. The 325 HP 327 was an L-79 I believe. Getting old suck.
    I had an original LTI out of a totaled 70 Z-28 that ended up in my SeaRay. I sold the 67 Vette it was intended for.
    If memory serves.(:fogey:) the L-46 had a solid cam over the Hydro unit in the 325.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The bike or the lady?
    Both of course. She reminds me of a lady we met in Daytona eating lunch. She was from New Smyrna about 20 miles south of where we were on A1A. She had a Triumph Bonneville and it had fouled the plugs. CKA and I helped her get it up and running. She rode with us for a few days until she had to go to work. Showed us some cool roads and out of the way pubs.
    Chic was a serious hard ass. I liked her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey my brother I rode British for a while in the late 60’s. Kind of wish I still had all of them.
    I never rode, but I always like the style of the Triumphs! But your mention of "Triumph Bonneville" brought that song right into my head. :)

Also liked the line, "Counted his friends in burned out spark plugs... prays that he always will."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never rode, but I always like the style of the Triumphs! But your mention of "Triumph Bonneville" brought that song right into my head. :)

Also liked the line, "Counted his friends in burned out spark plugs... prays that he always will."
    I rode Triumphs because they weee around in abundance in the late 60’s. Had a Trophy and a Bonny.
    Then I got a BSA lightning in a trade for the trophy. I fixed the lightning and MOG it was fast. Sold the Bonny and went for another BSA. You needed 2 to keep 1 running.
    :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are correct. The 325 HP 327 was an L-79 I believe. Getting old suck.
    I had an original LTI out of a totaled 70 Z-28 that ended up in my SeaRay. I sold the 67 Vette it was intended for.
    If memory serves.(:fogey:) the L-46 had a solid cam over the Hydro unit in the 325.
    My references were to the 327.

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I rode Triumphs because they weee around in abundance in the late 60’s. Had a Trophy and a Bonny.
    Then I got a BSA lightning in a trade for the trophy. I fixed the lightning and MOG it was fast. Sold the Bonny and went for another BSA. You needed 2 to keep 1 running.
    :):
    Fell in Love with a Norton. Quickly learned how to work on Nortons. Spent a lot of time waiting for parts so I started just buying two of whatever was needed. They were really expensive parts.

I bought a 650 Yamaha twin to ride whenever the Norton was down for repairs. That bike never broke. Then the Norton was ridden less, enjoying more time in the wind on the Yamaha. A couple of years later, the Norton was fully polished and running great. We found a guy that always wanted one, and sold it to him before he changed his mind.

The day I sold it I took it for a last ride, I still loved the ride, the handling, the sound, but i had to sell it before I changed my mind.

They are kind of like your flaky High school girlfriend, no logical reason to keep her around, but you did anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fell in Love with a Norton. Quickly learned how to work on Nortons. Spent a lot of time waiting for parts so I started just buying two of whatever was needed. They were really expensive parts.

I bought a 650 Yamaha twin to ride whenever the Norton was down for repairs. That bike never broke. Then the Norton was ridden less, enjoying more time in the wind on the Yamaha. A couple of years later, the Norton was fully polished and running great. We found a guy that always wanted one, and sold it to him before he changed his mind.

The day I sold it I took it for a last ride, I still loved the ride, the handling, the sound, but i had to sell it before I changed my mind.

They are kind of like your flaky High school girlfriend, no logical reason to keep her around, but you did anyway.
    Exactly.

2 words.
    Lucas/Amal

:faint:

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom