Classic Car Pics. Yours not yours, all things cool or not so cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Found some old pictures around 1995 of 1973 Barracuda I bought and had for 9 years. Interior was mint and all reapolstered seats. The rest was ready for scrap yard. Guy had put a 360 and 727 tranny in it from a cop car he said and after years setting in barn sold to me for $1400. His wife had tried getting it running for years and gave up. It starred but only barely went 5 mph. Trailered it home. It was like a Vice Grip Garage car…lol. I figured engine was shot. I was broke after buying it being divorced and raising 2 sons so figured in years to come maybe I could get a new engine. I pulled the plug wires as it barely ran to see which cylinders were banging. Turns out about 3… lol. Plugs were shot, most of the wires were burnt through and cracked so with new plugs and wires, new rotor and cap sucker came to live with all 8 banging away! But 30 mph was top speed if you eased it there. Dad said it’s got old gas gumming stuff up so 2 bottles of gas treatment and some fresh gas went in. It chugged and after driving about 30 minutes it started chugging bad at 35 and I got mad and just floored it. It gave one big pause and jumped to 90 mph just like that. Ran like a champ for 9 years. Frame needed welded, and then painted myself. Then like a idiot I sold it in 2004. Back then also it had no front grille and found a guy with brand new in box for $80!!! Man those days are gone but not forgotten. D7CC0384-15FA-4DB2-B50C-DB26359DA7F5.jpegC5FB1EE6-852D-4258-A012-6AFE0D619B30.jpeg

Top Bottom