Clackamas Mall Shooter Was Confonted By Concealed Carrier (Oregon)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Good Find. The others that have posted here are probably right, the MSM won't mention it, because it doesn't help their agenda, this actually would hurt it. Good on the guy for thinking his action through before pulling the trigger.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Some of the comments on the video are insulting. The Call of Duty and Armchair Warrior Brigade are out in full force. The dude made a tough call, and the right responsible one in my opinion.

Imagine this went down the other way. He pulls the trigger and kills an innocent bystander. How much coverage do you think this would have gotten then?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Good for him. Sounds like the bad guy's gun jammed and he was able to take advantage of that.

I'll never second guess what someone else does when confronted with that situation, but I do wonder what would have happened if the guy's rifle hadn't become inoperable.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    As usual, some media have taken a different spin on it. Here's a section off of msn: As gun control debates rage after the Newtown tragedy, new details about last week’s Oregon mall shooting are heating up the argument. It turns out the murderer was not the only one with a gun. Shopper Nick Meli was legally armed, and, while the killer’s rifle jammed, had the maniac in his sights. He did NOT pull the trigger, however, for fear of injuring a bystander behind the shooter. The killer then retreated and took his own life. So what does this prove? Did a concealed carrier end the rampage? Or show the limits of armed civilians fearful of injuring one another in emergencies?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    As usual, some media have taken a different spin on it. Here's a section off of msn: As gun control debates rage after the Newtown tragedy, new details about last week’s Oregon mall shooting are heating up the argument. It turns out the murderer was not the only one with a gun. Shopper Nick Meli was legally armed, and, while the killer’s rifle jammed, had the maniac in his sights. He did NOT pull the trigger, however, for fear of injuring a bystander behind the shooter. The killer then retreated and took his own life. So what does this prove? Did a concealed carrier end the rampage? Or show the limits of armed civilians fearful of injuring one another in emergencies?

We should all be fearful of injuring other people. That is what separated the good guys from the maniacs.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    When tactical pressure is applied to to active shooters, they generally respond by killing themselves or surrendering. Seldom do they do this before that pressure is applied. Seems in this case it was applied by an armed citizen without a shot being fired. Good job.

It won't get reported. It's been overshadowed by more recent events already.
    Do you have any sources for this? Whenever I bring it up in an argument I am never believed and it's cast aside as "BS".

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    We should all be fearful of injuring other people. That is what separated the good guys from the maniacs.

Agree. Imagine the hand-wringing that would be happening if he had fired and killed an innocent bystander. If he was NYPD, then its all good, but a citizen, it would have made us all horrible monsters.

Do you have any sources for this? Whenever I bring it up in an argument I am never believed and it's cast aside as "BS".

I would say, the best source, are the stories they are using themselves. Everyone of them surrenders or kills themselves when confronted. They are scared cowards looking for press. If we stop giving killers names in the press, I am betting they start cutting down. In all the articles though, shows that they killed themselves when confronted by the police, or an armed citizen, or that they peacefully surrendered when the police arrived (Colorado movie shooter), etc.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Agree. Imagine the hand-wringing that would be happening if he had fired and killed an innocent bystander. If he was NYPD, then its all good, but a citizen, it would have made us all horrible monsters.

I would say, the best source, are the stories they are using themselves. Everyone of them surrenders or kills themselves when confronted. They are scared cowards looking for press. If we stop giving killers names in the press, I am betting they start cutting down. In all the articles though, shows that they killed themselves when confronted by the police, or an armed citizen, or that they peacefully surrendered when the police arrived (Colorado movie shooter), etc.
    When I cite a story I just get responses similar to, "there's no proof that had anything to do with him giving up/killing himself."

I guess you can't fix stupid.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    When I cite a story I just get responses similar to, "there's no proof that had anything to do with him giving up/killing himself."

I guess you can't fix stupid.

That's silly.
    Giving up is obvious, why else would you give up? Because you are confronted and do not want to lose your own life, but you are willing to take the lives of others.

Killing themselves is also because they are confronted and do not think they will be able to stop the threat. But they are not worried about loosing their lives. Probably don't want to risk the chance of them living through the gunshot wound, facing the media, their families, etc. While the ones that surrendered have sought the attention. But asking the dead killers what is behind their reasoning is more than most of us are capable of. :)

Top Bottom