• ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We were discussing 1 John 3:8-9

So you think man doesn't consciously make an effort to disobey God? That would be wrong because it's been that way since the Garden of Eden.

I specifically said knowing and not knowing.

Show me where in the Bible it says that they lied. If you can show me where it says the midwives lied to .gov let me know.
    It does say they didn't follow orders. Big difference from lying. So I'll wait for your proof from the Scriptures that they indeed lied to .gov.
    It is my position because it's biblical and nowhere does it say the midwives lied.

Show me where in the Bible it says the midwives told the truth.
    Nope I do not belong to any organization. You have to join one to belong to one.
    It makes one independent from man's doctrines that are not biblical in many areas. Not all but many.

You are following the doctrines of one man, yourself, based on the understanding and interpretations of one man, yourself.
    Where did you copy paste that from?
    I'll read that book later.
    Where i got it from is in the first part of it.

Glad you will read it later because it's the best answer to your questions

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I specifically said knowing and not knowing.

Show me where in the Bible it says the midwives told the truth.
    You're the one suggesting they lied so that burden is on you. I'll let you know it's not in there that they lied. According to your organizations dogma say they lied I'm guessing. Or is it your personal opinion?
    You are following the doctrines of one man, yourself, based on the understanding and interpretations of one man, yourself.
    I'm following God's word. I'm sorry you have to find comfort in others doctrines. I do not. I do however like to read and broaden my knowledge. A fool would be one who doesn't accept knowledge.
    Where i got it from is in the first part of it.

Glad you will read it later because it's the best answer to your questions
    I was hoping it came from you personally not your organizations doctrine. But I will read it. I agree with you most of the time, but when you say things that are not biblical like insinuating the midwives lied and the Bible does not say that. It says they disobeyed the order. That I disagree with. Also praying for the dead. That also isn't in the Bible.
    So those areas are definitely not biblical.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You're the one suggesting they lied so that burden is on you. I'll let you know it's not in there that they lied. According to your organizations dogma say they lied I'm guessing. Or is it your personal opinion?
    It's my opinion. The text says neither that the lied or told the truth.
    I'm following God's word. I'm sorry you have to find comfort in others doctrines. I do not. I do however like to read and broaden my knowledge. A fool would be one who doesn't accept knowledge.
    That means you are forming your own doctrine.

No need to be sorry. You are quite correct that I find comfort in the doctrines of those that decided what books were in God's word, which I take to mean the Bible, for the Church is the pillar and grond of truth and I hold fast to the tradition she teaches for that tradition produced your Bible, at the very least, your new testament.

I wouldn't reload without consulting a manual, I wouldn't try to trace a wiring problem without a wiring diagram, and I wouldn't attempt to work out my salvation without consulting those who have gone on before me.
    I was hoping it came from you personally not your organizations doctrine. But I will read it. I agree with you most of the time, but when you say things that are not biblical like insinuating the midwives lied and the Bible does not day that. It says they disobeyed the order. That I disagree with. Also praying for the dead. That also isn't in the Bible.
    So those areas are definitely not biblical.
    Not sure why you think they told the truth when the Bible does not say that...unless you are following some tradition.

Praying for the dead? Not sure where that came from, but it is in the Bible. Maccabees.Does it do any good? It's a matter of opinion.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's my opinion. The text says neither that the lied or told the truth.

That means you are forming your own doctrine.
    Negative the doctrine I follow is what the word of God says. It isn't mine.
    No need to be sorry. You are quite correct that I find comfort in the doctrines of those that decided what books were in God's word, which I take to mean the Bible, for the Church is the pillar and grond of truth and I hold fast to the tradition she teaches for that tradition produced your Bible, at the very least, your new testament.
    I can worship with Orthodox Christians, Calvinists, Messianic Jews, and Wesleyans. This separation of people who are disciples of Messiah Jesus of Nazareth isn't good. If a congregation teaches Biblical truth I have no problem. Aren't we all supposed to be brothers, and sisters in Jesus?
    I wouldn't reload without consulting a manual, I wouldn't try to trace a wiring problem without a wiring diagram, and I wouldn't attempt to work out my salvation without consulting those who have gone on before me.

Not sure why you think they told the truth when the Bible does not say that...unless you are following some tradition.
    What's wrong with following God's word only?
    Studying it from the Septuagint, Tanakh, Textus Receptus? Reading commentary etc?
    Praying for the dead? Not sure where that came from, but it is in the Bible. Maccabees.Does it do any good? It's a matter of opinion.
    What Bible the Maccabees are not part of the Jewish Tanakh nor a part of the New Covenant Textus Receptus.
    I know it's in the Maccabees.
    It's not biblical.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Negative the doctrine I follow is what the word of God says. It isn't mine.

It's clear the you believe your understanding of the word of God to be infallible. No need to go back and forth about it.
    I can worship with Orthodox Christians, Calvinists, Messianic Jews, and Wesleyans. This separation of people who are disciples of Messiah Jesus of Nazareth isn't good. If a congregation teaches Biblical truth I have no problem. Aren't we all supposed to be brothers, and sisters in Jesus?
    Yes we are.
    What's wrong with following God's word only?
    Studying it from the Septuagint, Tanakh, Textus Receptus? Reading commentary etc?
    It's not biblical to do so.
    What Bible the Maccabees are not part of the Jewish Tanakh nor a part of the New Covenant Textus Receptus.
    I know it's in the Maccabees.
    It's not biblical.
    According to the Bible of your tradition. Your tradition attempts to take out of the Bible things that your tradition disagrees with.

It's also in 2 Tim but your tradition will decide the interpretation much as it does for the midwives.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It's clear the you believe your understanding of the word of God to be infallible. No need to go back and forth about it.
    No I do not.
    Just because I disagree with many Doctrines that do not teach the whole word if God or add to it doesn't make me a know it all.
    If I knew it all why would I still be reaching out to read from other Christians and their take on the Scripture.
    I know what you are insinuating and it's wrong of you.
    Just because I question and find that many Doctrines of many church organizations to not live up to God's word doesn't make me a know it all.
    Just because I call you out on things that are not biblical in your Doctrines doesn't make me a know it all. I see things that are not biblical.
    Yes we are.
    Thank you.
    According to the Bible of your tradition. Your tradition attempts to take out of the Bible things that your tradition disagrees with.
    Tradition is speaking of what is Traditional from the Old Covenant thru the New Covenant. That is my understanding of it.
    It's also in 2 Tim but your tradition will decide the interpretation much as it does for the midwives.
    The Bible is the primary source of all Christian doctrine and practice. So if one follows the Doctrines set forth in the Bible he has biblical tradition and doctrine.
    2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV
    All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [17] that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Notice the word Scripture.
    What is the Doctrines taught in the New Covenant? That is doctrine I follow.

Do you find fault in doctrine coming from the Scriptures?
    Do you prefer man making doctrine from tradition that isn't based on Scriptures?

Also notice reproof, and correction.
    Since you believe that the midwives lied and its not biblical read the above about reproof, and correction. Same with praying for the dead.
    Both beliefs are not biblical. Both are man's doctrines and not biblical.

Edit:
    Do you agree or disagree that Scripture is the ultimate authority?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom