CIVIL RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION: All things Islam...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Not equivalents. The Aryan Nation--all of them--are openly racist. Muslims--not all but some of them--are openly terrorists. So do you think they're secretly terrorists because not all of them have spoken in open forums denouncing terrorism? What is sufficient condemnatory action which would satisfy you? Should they all sign a pledge and submit it to you for your approval?

Disavowing the violent exhortations of their prophet would be a good start. But then, you'd have to ask them why they call themselves Muslims.
    Only 7% of Germans were Nazis in 1940. Moderates are irrelevant.
    It's not about "my approval." It's much deeper than that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Disavowing the violent exhortations of their prophet would be a good start. But then, you'd have to ask them why they call themselves Muslims.

In one of these threads, someone posted a link to an article that said 2/3 of London muslims would not notify authorities even if they knew of a plot to cause one of these terror attacks. Just like how so many Jews wound up dying at the hands of the Nazis, it's not the evil ones we have to worry about, it's the ones that are indifferent, the ones that won't stand up and try to stop the evil because they don't want to get involved or be shouted down by the vocal and radical minority, we have to worry about. It's as true now as it's been in the past. I'm not saying nor do I agree that all muslims are bad but this is their problem to fix.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As I said, in the interest of pragmatism, it would be beneficial for the rest of society for Muslims to be seen condemning acts of terrorism. And I have seen this. My complaint is the notion of asserting that not being seen condemning bad things means the person or people support the bad thing. That is a fallacy.

Here's your "moderate" Jamil:

https://twitter.com/ZakZales/status/871328956179521536

Watch the video. It is telling. The first thought, without hesitation, is "kill her." And then LOL.
    She's not a terrorist. Does it matter?

This is 1) anecdotal, 2) a tweet, and therefor the source is questionable.

3) Is there any evidence that this is a mainstream view among Muslims, especially in America? If we're going to use anecdotal information to extrapolate to an entire group, I guess I could say no Muslim in America is violent because the few Muslims I know are not. They may disown their sisters if they left Islam--I know some Catholics who would say the same, but I don't suspect any of them would kill people for it.

In one of these threads, someone posted a link to an article that said 2/3 of London muslims would not notify authorities even if they knew of a plot to cause one of these terror attacks. Just like how so many Jews wound up dying at the hands of the Nazis, it's not the evil ones we have to worry about, it's the ones that are indifferent, the ones that won't stand up and try to stop the evil because they don't want to get involved or be shouted down by the vocal and radical minority, we have to worry about. It's as true now as it's been in the past. I'm not saying nor do I agree that all muslims are bad but this is their problem to fix.

This is a problem worthy of investigation. If a majority of Muslims would not notify authorities of terrorist attacks, because they secretly support them, then that is a problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I've been following links to find the source (and thus methology) of that poll. Anyone have a link to the poll? I also noted that went researching backwards the narrative is being changed. As of right not, I'm calling the "2/3" claim as seriously lacking credibility.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is a problem worthy of investigation. If a majority of Muslims would not notify authorities of terrorist attacks, because they secretly support them, then that is a problem.

I'd agree, but appears someone took liberties in making that claim.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A light bulb should have lit up above your head as you typed that.

Not a lightbulb. My conclusions about that, you know, not being an believer and all, is that someone who would disown their own flesh and blood over a religious faith is pretty out of touch with reality. But that's their gig, not mine. I'd draw the line with physical harm though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd agree, but appears someone took liberties in making that claim.

At least they're up front about their bias. They didn't try to hide it. But that doesn't make the survey wrong. It's just a datapoint we may use to decide how credible is the poll.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or. Could it be that you're saying he's saying things he didn't say? He didn't say anyone has violated the rules. He did say that the line was dangerously playing with forum rules. If you disagree you're free to make the case that it's not. But it seems you'd rather infer things not said. Or maybe I'm just missing his pathetic attempts to control the conversation. It's been my experience that controlling the conversation involves, you know. Control. But maybe he's just really, really sneaky about it.

If you were [STRIKE]campaigning[/STRIKE] auditioning to be a mod, would you PM someone with a friendly reminder that might be skating a little close to the edge, or would you go for the public, grandstand play?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At least they're up front about their bias. They didn't try to hide it. But that doesn't make the survey wrong. It's just a datapoint we may use to decide how credible is the poll.

I'm going over the survey now. It has sample size of just under 1100 people, and about 50% of the sample is unemployed. So far, the poll has indicated that 49% of the group wishes to FULLY assimilate, and at the other spectrum 1% want to live in a separate British area under full Sharia law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you were [STRIKE]campaigning[/STRIKE] auditioning to be a mod, would you PM someone with a friendly reminder that might be skating a little close to the edge, or would you go for the public, grandstand play?

First, this is a false dichotomy. I'd pick C: depends on the circumstances. If I think the person is being an *******, I'll just post that in the thread. Has nothing to do with grandstanding. But rarely, I have PM'd stuff like that.

On the rest, I think I'm missing something. Where are the facts in evidence? Upon what do you base this accusation? What lines are you reading between to get there?

Here's my take. Someone says something against something you really believe in or whatever, you take it personally, and then you imagine everything the person says has nefarious purposes. I dunno. Maybe he thinks he's auditioning for mod or whatever. But from what do you base that? I see nothing even remotely close to that. Or maybe I mess the thread where all that was evidenced sufficiently to make the accusation. I admit I don't read every post in every thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe this is the documentary

I have not watched it so the possibility of proscribed or triggering language should be considered to exist

[video=youtube;xQcSvBsU-FM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQcSvBsU-FM[/video]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom