• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    McCarrick (formerly a cardinal) was officially kicked out of the priesthood over the weekend for abuse of adults and minors.

He "didn't remember" anything about the allegations.

While this action had some aspects of meaninglessness, it was at least a strong symbolic statement. This man at one time was one of the most influential Catholics in the US.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow...I'm proud of the RCC!

So, for me, it isn't that simple.

Yes, this is something that should have happened. A long time ago.

This isn't a great analogy, but if I loan somebody $5 and they say they'll pay me back on their next payday, but they don't pay me until a year later, I'm certainly grateful that they repaid the debt. But, I'm not exactly thrilled that it took so long, and they didn't do what they originally said they would.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    So, for me, it isn't that simple.

Yes, this is something that should have happened. A long time ago.

This isn't a great analogy, but if I loan somebody $5 and they say they'll pay me back on their next payday, but they don't pay me until a year later, I'm certainly grateful that they repaid the debt. But, I'm not exactly thrilled that it took so long, and they didn't do what they originally said they would.

Let me move your analogy. If you loaned someone $5 bucks and they said they would pay you back on their next payday, but didn't pay you until a year later, you would be happy to get your money back. However, I would have written off the $5 so, when you get something expecting nothing it is a pleasant surprise.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Let me move your analogy. If you loaned someone $5 bucks and they said they would pay you back on their next payday, but didn't pay you until a year later, you would be happy to get your money back. However, I would have written off the $5 so, when you get something expecting nothing it is a pleasant surprise.

haha

Ok, the common ground is settled. Defrocking (former) Cardinal McCarrick was a pleasant surprise. :D

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    2m1k2get2qg21.jpg

With all the hooplah about the next temple...
    I'm waiting to see what plays out!

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yesterday was listening to a fascinating (to me anyhow) interview with a jewish fellow who commented on the jews previously being kicked out of the land because they didn't didn't abide by the conditions set by God. Which of course follows with they still are not keeping their end of the deal (yet again)...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yesterday was listening to a fascinating (to me anyhow) interview with a jewish fellow who commented on the jews previously being kicked out of the land because they didn't didn't abide by the conditions set by God. Which of course follows with they still are not keeping their end of the deal (yet again)...

If it’s God making that decision, so be it.

However, I will not presume to speak for him.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    For a long time I've been interested with looking at what He says, what He does and how He does it.

The fellow interviewed cannot speak for God of course. Near as I can tell the fellow was correct in what he had to say about the three greater removals in the past and their behavior in the present. And it is of interest of course because of what God has spoken into existence as otherwise there would be nothing to the matter. Any how, it was refreshing to hear bible based discussion instead of left behind zionism. Got a few hours behind the wheel tomorrow so maybe will listen again. There are some points about WWII and that whole new age cabal of genius level murderers with great fashion sense who created the mass movement of the people back to the land that I puzzle over.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems to me that, for the modern Israel to have won and continue to exist, strongly implies - perhaps even requires - some amount of divine guidance.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yeah, Father really is in charge one way or the other.
    When they (Judah) are removed again it won't be the first time they were blessed, in high cotton and then messed up.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Seems the free willers are doing better than the reformed...

Quite the opposite. This MIGHT be a turning point for the UMC, we will see if they can take back their church though. As was pointed out in the article, they still ignore the Bible when it comes to women in the pastorate.

I find it funny that the tables have turned and the Liberals might have to walk away from their buildings. Usually conservative congregations are the evicted ones since the national policy is against them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom