• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why of course it means that the catholic church was founded on Peter (the first pope) and therefore the pope has the authority to decree anything.

So now you have me curious - that's not why I posted those citations - about your view of the disputed point. Is the "church" a creation of Christ or of man?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    .Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
    18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Christ founded the Church. He did not say upon Peter will I build my church, but that He would found It upon Himself.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

But the church supply store just got new stoles in.

J8yeFnY.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not capitalize on purpose in many cases.

There's plenty of people I don't respect, but I still capitalize their names, because otherwise, it leads to confusion. Grammar rules aren't about respect, it's about ensuring everyone knows what you're trying to say. Grammar, good or bad, says things about the author, not the subject.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Why of course it means that the catholic church was founded on Peter (the first pope) and therefore the pope has the authority to decree anything. That is it in a nutshell. Of course that means anyone who is not catholic will at best attain limbo. Which could be quite fun if it was accompanied, by Reggae music and Pina Coladas!

Again, you're saying that the Catholic interpretation is wrong, but you've not offered anything that those words could mean.

(I'm not Catholic; I'm on your side here. But you can't just say "misinterpretation" and not explain what would be a proper interpretation.)

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    There's plenty of people I don't respect, but I still capitalize their names, because otherwise, it leads to confusion. Grammar rules aren't about respect, it's about ensuring everyone knows what you're trying to say. Grammar, good or bad, says things about the author, not the subject.

I hate it when people write Satan instead of satan.... I get so confused.

I don’t capitalize everything.... for a reason. I was taught capitalizing, among many things, was giving respect. I don’t always respect something I disagree with. I’ll respect the the person...but not always the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I don’t capitalize everything.... for a reason. I was taught capitalizing, among many things, was giving respect. I don’t always respect something I disagree with. I’ll respect the the person...but not always the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is that confusing? It's a proper name? Satan is a an actual (non-human) person. You'd capitalize Lucifer, or Michael, right?

Actually, I think they're capitalized to let you know you can't use then in Scrabble. :D

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It's for Noahic Covenant Sunday!

Oh I wish that were true but there are too many openly gay priests wearing these and Noah is not part of their lessons unless.......

ELB5cGN.jpg

I too remember when a rainbow was just a rainbow but those [STRIKE]gays[/STRIKE] days are long gone. :rolleyes:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    How is that confusing? It's a proper name? Satan is a an actual (non-human) person. You'd capitalize Lucifer, or Michael, right?

Actually, I think they're capitalized to let you know you can't use then in Scrabble. :D

I was never good at scrabble.....do I need to capitalize Scrabble?

I know it's one of those O.C. things with me. I'll work on it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Actually in the Jewish satan is not a person.

I would not capitalize lucifer, abbadon, baal, baalzebub, mohanad (reffering to the false prophet) or any number of other false religions.

All religion that claims to be the one is false. Pure religion and undefiled before G-d is visiting widows and the fatherless in their affliction.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Actually in the Jewish satan is not a person.

I would not capitalize lucifer, abbadon, baal, baalzebub, mohanad (reffering to the false prophet) or any number of other false religions.

All religion that claims to be the one is false. Pure religion and undefiled before G-d is visiting widows and the fatherless in their affliction.
    That's got me curious - You hold Judaism in great respect (grammatically speaking ;)), so I guess that's not a "false religion" in your opinion.

I've gone back and forth on that... I have IDF patches and such, and some knowledge about what role they may play in the end times...

...but then again, they've ignored the Messiah, built a super-complicated works-based religion that even requires special appliances...

Care to discuss?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's got me curious - You hold Judaism in great respect (grammatically speaking ;)), so I guess that's not a "false religion" in your opinion.

I've gone back and forth on that... I have IDF patches and such, and some knowledge about what role they may play in the end times...

...but then again, they've ignored the Messiah, built a super-complicated works-based religion that even requires special appliances...

Care to discuss?

Are you sure you didn't just describe Catholicism?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom