• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Thanks, enjoyed reading your thoughts. Much of the change in this country, such as getting out of Vietnam, resulted from civil disobedience. One of our problems is many have been brainwashed into thinking they can't survive without big centralized mommy-state government. I guess they think state and local governments are hopeless and ineffective, but that sounds like federal government.

Don't forget about Article I Sec 8, we aren't supposed to have a permanent standing army, just permanent Navy (and Marines). State militias exist to become a temporary standing army when needed. The national army is not to be funded for more than two consecutive years. That's the plan of the Founders.

We are so far off course from the heading given us in our Constitution that no one should be surprised when politicians and judges flagrantly disregard and disrespect the Constitution. Why do you think so many liberals study Constitutional law? Obama studied it so so he could learn how to circumvent and further erode the Constitution.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, enjoyed reading your thoughts. Much of the change in this country, such as getting out of Vietnam, resulted from civil disobedience. One of our problems is many have been brainwashed into thinking they can't survive without big centralized mommy-state government. I guess they think state and local governments are hopeless and ineffective, but that sounds like federal government.

Don't forget about Article I Sec 8, we aren't supposed to have a permanent standing army, just permanent Navy (and Marines). State militias exist to become a temporary standing army when needed. The national army is not to be funded for more than two consecutive years. That's the plan of the Founders.

We are so far off course from the heading given us in our Constitution that no one should be surprised when politicians and judges flagrantly disregard and disrespect the Constitution. Why do you think so many liberals study Constitutional law? Obama studied it so so he could learn how to circumvent and further erode the Constitution.

One concept that is being pushed is to get rid of the Army and Air Force. Merge the combat forces in the Army (about 50,000 troops) into the Marines. Take the tactical and transport elements of the Air Force and put that in the Marines. The rest would go to the Navy. Plus strip the logistical elements (admin, supply, maintenance) out of the Marines and make that Navy. No more jobs where you can hide. Everyone a trigger puller. Plus the Navy and Marines are not under the PCA thus can be used for federal law enforcement.

The Guard would merge army and air guard into one then make them more like the Coast Guard under the DHS. They would be a state level military police.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    With the main subject of our Forum being Firearms and their use: sporting, hunting,collecting and self/home defense, I would think the Federal Spooks have been watching us for many months. While not very old, we have grown a substantial amount in the past few years.

Our recent General Political threads with their comments and rants have to have used many of the"words not to use on the internet" that may get INGO and the OP along with the responder flagged by the Spooks.

I believe our Moderators have done a good job of keeping Political threads from getting out of hand, so I don’t think any of us should be expecting a knock on the door by our good friends the representatives from our Government.

I do not think Feinstein’s or any other Bill will be passed by Congress. However, there is a chance they will pass, given the majority of the US wants these restrictions, per CNN and MSNBC.l Remember, sometimes stupidity can rule the day.

Do you think that if the Spooks are watching us, will they take our opinion back to their leaders and tell them what INGO thinks? While I think INGO should not become a political group, we as individuals can voice our opinions to the public. So do you think we as individuals can have an influence in the next election?

What are you going to do?
    What should: We thePeople of theses United States………… do?

These are rhetorical questions so please do not answer them directly. Remember the Spooks are likely watching INGO and maybe even you.

paulhager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    As I say, the answer is nullification - working through state governments. Originally, nullification was directed against a Federal (and Federalist) assault on the 1st Amendment. Today, the 2nd is under assault.

As previously stated, the other side will dredge up Orval Faubus, George Wallace, and Lester Maddox and their states' battles against public school desegregation. The Constitution was NOT on their side. They were misguided. Section 1 of the 14th Amendment gives Congress the authority to prevent states from violating the fundamental rights of US citizens as set forth (at a minimum) in the first 8 amendments to the US Constitution. Additionally, states must guarantee citizens the equal protection of the laws. State institutions such as government (public) schools may not discriminate between different groups of citizens.

Bringing up Section 1 of the 14th is very good for our side. When the Section 1 was proposed, it was to give Congress the authority to pass a Civil Rights Act that would prevent Southern State officials right after the Civil War from systematically disarming recently freed slaves, making them easy prey for lynch mobs. Additionally, Republican newspapers and their editors and publishers were subject to intimidation by state officials up to and including protecting mobs that would attack facilities, destroy presses, and beat or kill employees of the papers. Section 1 of the 14th was specifically focused on Amendments 1 and 2!

Always tie the 1st and the 2nd together. Any mention of desegration along with nullification should be met with the 14th and the fact that the FIRST gun control laws were to prevent southern blacks from being able to arm themselves. Gun control was RACIST - it still is.

Always accuse the other side of racism FIRST. Put THEM on the defensive.

paulhager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Thought I should post an update. Went to the Monroe County GOP monthly breakfast this morning at the VFW post on 3rd Street. Got a chance to talk to talk to a couple of members of the Indiana General Assembly about nullification. Although the nullification bill has gone to committee to die, there is clearly a degree of political ferment in evidence, as was acknowledged by the representatives.

A couple of people were on hand from the Indiana University Republican organization - I'm going to try to wangle an invitation to speak to them.

Also going to speak formally to the County group - talked to County Chair, Steve Hogan about it. He was very receptive - I'll follow up.

Another opportunity is an I.U. student group called something like "Students for Carry". I asked for contact information.

Incidentally, there's a national organization - small at the moment - pushing nullification. See Legislative Tracking for the 10th Amendment/Nullification.

Top Bottom