• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    having a firearm and having the mindset to use it are two things that don't always go hand in hand. Taking another's life is a hump that many can't get over.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    He does realize Guns are made to be shot, right?! :dunno:

Or...

Maybe he is one of those guys who carry not loaded for safety it provides. You know he practiced a LOT of times and knows he can rack the slide faster than someone get to him... :rolleyes:

:popcorn::popcorn:

I love the thought process that you can rack a slide before someone can get to you. They must have never seen the 21 feet rule, a guy with a butter knife can get you faster than what you would think.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I don't think he's on INGO but I've talked to him since the incident. John has a few weapons training classes under his belt. He is also well known in the community and is friends with all the officers in Elwood. He is also not a small guy, especially compared to the 18 year old punk who thought he was going to roll one over on John.

I don't know Jeremy (the punk) but I went to his face book profile and Tuesday night (night before this happened) he was posting about how he's "going back to the old me" and is going to go look for some random person to beat up.

John did the right thing. He handled the situation with minimal force necessary to subdue the threat. John is a hero in my book, and I hate seeing people on here talking about how they would do it different or he did it wrong etc...

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    wxin - Elwood father fights off three robbers to protect his town

The skinny is these guys were robbing a store the Armed Citizen pulls his gun and challenges then. My favorite line in the story is: “One of the guys charged me,” said Davis. “He came right toward me and I hit him with my gun". Davis said the suspect kept punching him until police arrived."
    LMAO! I guess his plan was to stall him by allowing him to beat his behind until the police arrived! Two word: Bang Bang. Saved the perps life but Lord help him if the bad guy got ahold of the gun.

I think you misunderstood, Jeremy had to go to the hospital. John didn't suffer any damage, not even a scratch. Like I said, John knows what he's doing and there are many ways to control someone while they "TRY" to hit you and when they do connect a punch, it don't hurt because they are being restrained.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I think you misunderstood, Jeremy had to go to the hospital. John didn't suffer any damage, not even a scratch. Like I said, John knows what he's doing and there are many ways to control someone while they "TRY" to hit you and when they do connect a punch, it don't hurt because they are being restrained.
    You have to admit that the way the story unfolds in the article, it would lead one to believe the way I took it. Apparently I am not the only one. I'm glad the guy's alright, and would also hate to see an 18 year old punk not get a second chance in life. He's young and very stupid. John should have laid him out with a fist or a bullet. He had every reason to not just prevent the punk from getting a good punch in on him, but to knock his teeth down his throat. Believe me when I say I am not inherently violent, but some folks have it coming. Glad John's ok.

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I appreciate your opinions and I assure you that if one of the others would have joined the fight they would have been shot. Also if I had scene any weapon on them at all I would have shot as soon as he came at me. This is not the first time I have fought more than one guy and I felt confident I could handle the situation without killing someone. Like I said I do understand your feelings/opinions but I made a call with the absence of a weapon on thier part not to kill someone that night. Most people aren't put in my position and its easy for everyone else to tell me what I "should have" done. As you can imagine I have relived that moment a thousand times. Also I have the security video from the store and I feel I did the right thing. The guy that came at me was 175 lbs and I am 225 lbs and an avid weightlifter and former wrestler. I sincerely felt like I could handle it. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and respect your comments as reasonable. I assure you I have no problem with shooting a scumbag robbing a store armed in any way. We all have to draw our lines I guess.

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    oh ya I also read the typo they had in one of the articles. Jeremy Morris never landed a punch on me. He tried and it was pathetic. He went to the hospital because I beat him till the cops arrived. He was high or whatever. And to clarify for someone else who posted earlier. I walked in and a woman I have known for a long time who works behind the counter says "we are being robbed" now to me robbed usually means violence or armed or otherwise deadly. I drew my gun because I needed to quickly figure out what was going on. I realized soon after that they were not openly armed and I decided to go down a different path with them. It worked out for me and for them. But rest assured I was determined to go home to my family that night and I would have done what it took. My gun was armed and I know how to use it.

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012

Thanks for looking out for me Donnie. I just stumbled across these forums. Its easy for people to talk trash when they haven't been in my shoes. They don't understand we are from a small town where we are pretty close. I didn't know it at the time but I know 20+ people that are close family of Jeremy morris. Anyway its not all black and white about this subject. Not every person robbing a store is a blood thirsty crack head who deserves to die. Sometimes they are dumbass kids who need an ass beating. Im glad I was there to administor that assbeating. And had he pulled a weapon or anyone else tried to hurt me they would have been shot. Thanks again Donnie for the kind words.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    oh ya I also read the typo they had in one of the articles. Jeremy Morris never landed a punch on me. He tried and it was pathetic. He went to the hospital because I beat him till the cops arrived. He was high or whatever. And to clarify for someone else who posted earlier. I walked in and a woman I have known for a long time who works behind the counter says "we are being robbed" now to me robbed usually means violence or armed or otherwise deadly. I drew my gun because I needed to quickly figure out what was going on. I realized soon after that they were not openly armed and I decided to go down a different path with them. It worked out for me and for them. But rest assured I was determined to go home to my family that night and I would have done what it took. My gun was armed and I know how to use it.

Sounds like you did the right thing in the circumstances. Not sure how I would've handled it in your shoes.

Kudos for doing it without killing anyone.

Oh and :welcome:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    :welcome: thanks for joining us and giving your side of the story. Great job.
    I appreciate your opinions and I assure you that if one of the others would have joined the fight they would have been shot. Also if I had scene any weapon on them at all I would have shot as soon as he came at me. This is not the first time I have fought more than one guy and I felt confident I could handle the situation without killing someone. Like I said I do understand your feelings/opinions but I made a call with the absence of a weapon on thier part not to kill someone that night. Most people aren't put in my position and its easy for everyone else to tell me what I "should have" done. As you can imagine I have relived that moment a thousand times. Also I have the security video from the store and I feel I did the right thing. The guy that came at me was 175 lbs and I am 225 lbs and an avid weightlifter and former wrestler. I sincerely felt like I could handle it. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and respect your comments as reasonable. I assure you I have no problem with shooting a scumbag robbing a store armed in any way. We all have to draw our lines I guess.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He was outnumbered, would have easily been justified in shooting.

that said, KUDOS for carrying and being there to do something about it. In the end, it all worked out.

even bigger stones for carrying a Sigma ;)

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    ty guys. I appreciate the support and i totally understand that the media doesn't do these stories justice and isn't always accurate. I am glad to answer any questions.

I love my S+W lol. Ive shot alot of rounds through it and I trust it. I don't mind the hard trigger. I have gotten used to it and I have strong fingers anyway:)

Top Bottom