• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I appreciate your opinions and I assure you that if one of the others would have joined the fight they would have been shot. Also if I had scene any weapon on them at all I would have shot as soon as he came at me. This is not the first time I have fought more than one guy and I felt confident I could handle the situation without killing someone. Like I said I do understand your feelings/opinions but I made a call with the absence of a weapon on thier part not to kill someone that night. Most people aren't put in my position and its easy for everyone else to tell me what I "should have" done. As you can imagine I have relived that moment a thousand times. Also I have the security video from the store and I feel I did the right thing. The guy that came at me was 175 lbs and I am 225 lbs and an avid weightlifter and former wrestler. I sincerely felt like I could handle it. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and respect your comments as reasonable. I assure you I have no problem with shooting a scumbag robbing a store armed in any way. We all have to draw our lines I guess.

I'm calling BS on your side of this story! EVERYONE knows, and the media backs this up, that people that carry guns are blood-thirsty idiots that want to do nothing but wreak carnage!
    Seriously though, thank you for giving your side of the story. It's nice to have the facts and hopefully, the punk will realize that from here on out, he is living on borrowed time, as it certainly sounds like it would have been justiifed for him to have been shout due to HIS actions. You sound like a very compassionate, level-headed person that certainly reflects well on those of us that choose to carry. God Bless and thankfully you did make it home safely that night! :patriot:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I appreciate your opinions and I assure you that if one of the others would have joined the fight they would have been shot. Also if I had scene any weapon on them at all I would have shot as soon as he came at me. This is not the first time I have fought more than one guy and I felt confident I could handle the situation without killing someone. Like I said I do understand your feelings/opinions but I made a call with the absence of a weapon on thier part not to kill someone that night. Most people aren't put in my position and its easy for everyone else to tell me what I "should have" done. As you can imagine I have relived that moment a thousand times. Also I have the security video from the store and I feel I did the right thing. The guy that came at me was 175 lbs and I am 225 lbs and an avid weightlifter and former wrestler. I sincerely felt like I could handle it. I totally understand where you guys are coming from and respect your comments as reasonable. I assure you I have no problem with shooting a scumbag robbing a store armed in any way. We all have to draw our lines I guess.

Glad you made it home that night John! Be nice if the news media would would some day actually get to the point of accurately presenting the facts.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Media doesn't need facts, they have STORIES!

John, how did you find INGO and the story about you? I'm just curious. I know I would google myself (in private) to see what others are saying if I was in the news for something like this.

The funny thing is, I bet the two that didn't move were more scared about you destroying their friend on the ground with your fists than when you drew the gun and said "don't move"

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Have you ever uploaded the store surveillance video? If not would you consider uploading it and posting it here?

:welcome:To INGO!!!

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Media doesn't need facts, they have STORIES!

John, how did you find INGO and the story about you? I'm just curious. I know I would google myself (in private) to see what others are saying if I was in the news for something like this.

The funny thing is, I bet the two that didn't move were more scared about you destroying their friend on the ground with your fists than when you drew the gun and said "don't move"

My son found it while searching something. His name is John Davis also. I actually do have the video. It takes a special software to view it that the president of Mcclurs gave me. He also gave me a 500 dollar gift certificate and free fountain pops for life hehe. he did however ask me not to share it on the internet. The Elwood Indiana police department also has a copy.

As far as the other two. One snuck off in the excitement, The other one right before I holstered my gun I told him if he moved I would shoot him in the back (empty threat really) and he covered his head and began crying. I went back to dealing with the guy I was on top of. Truth is I was kneeling in a 4'x4' puddle of blood until the cops came. As I was dropping elbows on him his face split open and the back of his head was striking the parking lot.

One bad thing about the Fox 59 interview I gave was that they edited out everything I said about responsible gun ownership. I decided not to give any other interviews just because I didn't see the point in it.

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I'm calling BS on your side of this story! EVERYONE knows, and the media backs this up, that people that carry guns are blood-thirsty idiots that want to do nothing but wreak carnage!
    Seriously though, thank you for giving your side of the story. It's nice to have the facts and hopefully, the punk will realize that from here on out, he is living on borrowed time, as it certainly sounds like it would have been justiifed for him to have been shout due to HIS actions. You sound like a very compassionate, level-headed person that certainly reflects well on those of us that choose to carry. God Bless and thankfully you did make it home safely that night! :patriot:

Thanks for the kind words:)

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    My son found it while searching something. His name is John Davis also. I actually do have the video. It takes a special software to view it that the president of Mcclurs gave me. He also gave me a 500 dollar gift certificate and free fountain pops for life hehe. he did however ask me not to share it on the internet. The Elwood Indiana police department also has a copy.

Sweet deal!:rockwoot:Since he asked you not to share and gave you plenty of goodies I wont pester ya for a copy.:(

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Thanks for standing up & doing the right thing. I'm also glad that no one had to die that day. Good job.

Reps to you.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Everyone close-minded enough to tell him what he did was wrong here can go pound sand.

Really, in the heat of a situation like this - You have no time to think, but go off of gut instinct.
    Had he just blown away the BG upon eye contact... We'd have known John feasted his gun use frequently by playing Call of Duty or Battlefield ;)
    But no, he stuck to human survival instinct and reality and realized DEATH wasn't necessary to the kid (especially knowing the size difference).

Kudos AND rep to you for being a level-headed, wise gun owner.

+1 for representing all Indiana LTCH holders. :rockwoot:

johndavis111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Everyone close-minded enough to tell him what he did was wrong here can go pound sand.

Really, in the heat of a situation like this - You have no time to think, but go off of gut instinct.
    Had he just blown away the BG upon eye contact... We'd have known John feasted his gun use frequently by playing Call of Duty or Battlefield ;)
    But no, he stuck to human survival instinct and reality and realized DEATH wasn't necessary to the kid (especially knowing the size difference).

Kudos AND rep to you for being a level-headed, wise gun owner.

+1 for representing all Indiana LTCH holders. :rockwoot:

wow thanks again for all the kind words guys!

Top Bottom