• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    They are doing this in an attempt to curtail the problems with all the unsupervised youth downtown. They will also have probation officers doing random sweeps and check-ins with these undiciplined and uncontrolled youth in an effort to stop the problems we are all seeing downtown.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    If they are on duty and being paid by IMPD payroll I didn't think they could be soley under the service of CC... I would think they would ha e to be off duty and be on CC payroll to soley enforce the policy of a private business...
    I would thunk jf they are on duty and patrolling the public area around the mall and are called either by an off duty CC employeed IMPD officer or by the mall security THEN they could enforce the private business policy.
    I haven't been to CC since before Christmas and I got into a rational discussion with a security guard then telling him the signs near the escalator was in fact not there telling me I could not being an EMPTY stroller up the escalator. I told him he should probably take a look around before he calls someone out for not paying attention to his own surroundings.
    I also did not see the no firearms signs at all entrances. IANAL but to my understanding they can only ask you to leave and warn you against trespassing. If you dont leave then they can arrest for trespassing.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I wouldn't go to CC if they were giving away free stuff anyway. Very rare for me to go downtown at all anyway. I hate Simon malls and try my best not to shop at any of them.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    They are doing this in an attempt to curtail the problems with all the unsupervised youth downtown. They will also have probation officers doing random sweeps and check-ins with these undiciplined and uncontrolled youth in an effort to stop the problems we are all seeing downtown.

See but this is not the responsibility of the IMPD. The parents of these kids need to take responsibility for this. Maybe it's time for Mom's and Dad's to kick some ass.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    With over 60% of the yutes born out of wedlock what makes you think there are any "parents" around for them?

Before I jump to any concusions, and make wrongful assumptions of your post. Are you saying that if a child is born out of wedlock, that automatically dooms them to a life of crime and abandonment?

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    See but this is not the responsibility of the IMPD. The parents of these kids need to take responsibility for this. Maybe it's time for Mom's and Dad's to kick some ass.

I totally agree. However, these parents can't even be counted on to take responsibility for themselves. So once again we the tax paying citizens foot the bill for someone else being irresponsible.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We eat at PF Changs occasionally, I always CC at the CC. With what's gone on recently it seems like the smart thing to do. What I heard on the news sounds like a 4th amendment violation to me, but I'm not a lawyer.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    RTV 6's version- "Officers will staff metal detectors at entrances"

"All unsupervised youth leaving the mall who are not immediately picked up will be given the option of either boarding an IndyGo bus to return home or will be directed to a monitored, designated location to await their transportation home."

"Juvenile probation offers will perform random probation sweeps downtown"

RTV6 - Police put metal detectors, more officers downtown after youth violence - Local Story

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Perhaps all of us that go to the Firearms Freedom Rally @ the Statehouse on 2/8 could go eat afterward at the food court ..... w/ out AR's, AK's, etc. :)

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    How free are we really? I've always thought that places "open to the public" should be forced to recognize the rights of the public. I hate the fat gray line between truely public and truely private.

Take this example. The Indiana toll road is now leased to a private company. What would stop them from posting "no weapons" at the entrance?

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I also thought Circle Center mall was actually city owned? Time to repeal these businesses on public property with unconstitutional rules.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I also thought Circle Center mall was actually city owned? Time to repeal these businesses on public property with unconstitutional rules.

I made this argument the other day. Circle Center is owned by the City of Indianapolis, and co-owned and developed by Simon Properties. The no firearms rules are a farce and a poor attempt at skirting the state preemption laws, even if they don't realize it.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, and legal carry at Circle Center cannot be stopped.

IANAL.

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Fox59 said Simon malls also purchased some sort of "detection" or "security" devices for the SuperBowl, and they said they'll start using those, but they were not allow to say what it is. So....basically everybody's 1st Class Body areas are going to end up being seen?

Top Bottom