• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    2-2.jpg

Beauty contestant winner? NOT A CHANCE. This is an ugly piece of work, the dark brown/bordering black maduro wrapper is heavily veined, it also seems to be a bit thinner and not as oily as many of the maduro wrappers.

But don't let looks fool you, this is an awesome cigar. Roughly $5 to $5.50 a piece this is a good go-to cigar for a seriously relaxing experience. This is a well made, solidly wrapped cigar that does not require a heavy draw so the wrapping is not too tight but still feels very solid in the mouth. I've smoked a few of these over the past couple of months, each has been an absolute pleasure to smoke and something I look forward to lighting up.

Robust and full bodied comes to mind. Its an earthy smoke, no hints of pepper but more like a good dark roast coffee. But while robust and full bodied, it is very smooth and rich in flavor, which is why I liken it to a well roasted coffee. The maduro wrapper keeps its taste from biting. For those who don't know, a maduro wrapper is a nearly black, fermented tobacco. Many novices think that the dark wrappers of the maduros make the cigars very strong but this is not true. The maduro wrappers impart a somewhat sweet taste, not like candy, not like the flavored cigars but it seems to prevent the bite that is often found with some of the lighter wrappers.

This is a cigar that comes in a box of 100, its more like a rough cedar chest. At 100 to a box very few individuals will pick up boxes of these cigars, its one you will likely have to search out at tobacco shops. The cigars are not wrapped in cello, and the identifier band is located at the very end where it must be removed prior to smoking. The look is interesting and unusual and the boxes stand out in the cigar humidor at the store.

I SHOULD NOTE that there are OTHER VARIETIES of "THE EDGE" and some come in more traditional sized boxes but those are different blends.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have to admit that I was not planning on smoking this cigar but I was doing a transfer of inventory from one of my shops to another. Darn the luck, I dinged the end of this one and didn't want to sell a damaged cigar. I know it was a sacrifice, but I went ahead and smoked it.

Ahhh.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Good review, Thanks.. I miss the good old days. When I hosted many a cigar and scotch/wine dinner. Since any sort of public smoking now leans towards unacceptable, they seem to be few and far between...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have to admit that I was not planning on smoking this cigar but I was doing a transfer of inventory from one of my shops to another. Darn the luck, I dinged the end of this one and didn't want to sell a damaged cigar. I know it was a sacrifice, but I went ahead and smoked it.
    I would have been happy to help alleviate you from such burdens. :D

I always thought they had a pretty durable wrapper on those.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    This is an awesome cigar. One of my favorites. I actually got to meet Rocky Patel at an event with the local smoke shop Briar and Bean in Evansville. They actually have a trip to Rockys plantation with all the cigars, food and drink you can stand for free. The trip is the first 4 days in April.

Be sure try the Old World Reserve from Rocky as well. Another great smoke.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom