• ...and so much more!
  • Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Remarkable!

"Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position," Petraeus said in his resignation letter. "After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours."

Link to story;

CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extra-Marital Affair | NBC New York

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Nov 1st there was a Secert Service Agent committing suicide over an affair, now Petraeus resigns.

Maybe the Mayans are right?

Secret Service agent being investigated for affair with foreign citizen commits suicide

For nearly six years, a senior Secret Service agent kept his extramarital affair with a Mexican woman a secret from the agency responsible for protecting the president.
    Link to story;

Secret Service agent being investigated for affair with foreign citizen commits suicide - The Washington Post

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He took a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution and you have to trust a man who would give his oath on something so serious.....wait.....he did what? Well, um....move along....nothing to see here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Im just now hearing this story and there may be more to it, but my first reaction is: he betrayed his wife. At least it appears he possess an uncommon trait--shame. And he did the honorable thing, resign.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Im just now hearing this story and there may be more to it, but my first reaction is: he betrayed his wife. At least it appears he possess an uncommon trait--shame. And he did the honorable thing, resign.
    And I find myself in agreement with you. Petraeus did the right thing and should be commended for his honesty and integrity in this matter. He didn't wait for it to blow up in the papers, he got out in front of it. Good on him!

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital

And I find myself in agreement with you. Petraeus did the right thing and should be commended for his honesty and integrity in this matter. He didn't wait for it to blow up in the papers, he got out in front of it. Good on him!

It appears the affair was uncovered during an completely separate FBI investigation, and was discovered quite by accident, and once he was questioned about it, he decide to resign.

It is a shame, he was obviously a great General, he just turns out to be a human, and made a terrible mistake.

Here is a picture of the General and his mistress, Paula Broadwell.
    DSC05247.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Are you serious? Greed, Ideology, and Sex are the Holy Trinity of things used blackmail/convert guys that have access to information sensitive to national security. He had to go, and even he knew it.

True, but Clinton got to keep his job after his affair.

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I was wondering if this was tied to, or will be an issue in, the recent court marshalling of a General for sexual harrassment.
    Sounds like he had to come clean.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    It hasn't been so long ago that it was thought if you were the type of person that would betray the person closest to you, it was a sign of general lack of character and trustworthiness.
    You are so right, not that long ago at all!

He should be subpenaed if necessary, he HAS to testify, he knows it all!
    Will he testify or be required to testify concerning Benghazi?

Top Bottom