• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You asked, so I did it. We should have it up on the Magpul website within a week or so. I'm on my way back to the US and will give Chris the last details he needs as soon as I get back.

The class is in there database, and should appear on the schedule on the net within a week or so.

Here are the details

Chris Costa
    Magpul Dynamics
    Basic Carbine
    Register by phone at: 1.877.4MAGPUL ext 118

$400 / 2 day course
    $25 Range fee (collected the first day)
    ammo 1500rds, 200rds pistol
    $100 deposit due at registration, balance due no later than 30 days prior to class.

Nappanee Indiana
    Nappanee Conservation Club

Course Description

An entry-level course where students are familiarized with their rifles. The class will thoroughly cover:
    • Proper choice and placement of gear
    • Different optics and accessories
    • Effective shooting stance
    • Proper weapon grip
    • Recoil control
    • Sight alignment
    • Sight picture using iron sights and electronic optics
    • Trigger control
    • Speed reloads
    • Tactical reloads
    • Possible malfunctions of the rifle
    • Strong and weak hand shooting while both stationary and on the move
    • Different shooting positions
    • Choosing the proper position for the task
    The course starts in the classroom and will include extensive dry fire exercises.
    Hardware/Kit

A functional carbine or submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. If available, a spare weapon system is also an excellent idea. A cleaning kit and tools that are compatible with the weapon system(s) in question is also a must. Each student should have a minimum of 5 working magazines. Sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won't. If they hit the ground they can become fouled, causing weapon malfunctions and time off the line.
    • Note pad, and pen/pencil
    • Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
    • Appropriate foot wear
    • Rain gear / cold weather gear (seasonal)
    • Ear pro (electronic preferred)
    • Eye pro, which wraps around
    • Clear lenses for night shoots
    • Baseball style hat recommended
    • Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations
    • A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person
    • Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
    • A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving
    • Primary weapon mounted light
    • Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light
    • Spare bulbs and batteries for all lights
    • Tools that work on your weapon
    • Weapons lube
    • Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries
    • Water hydrating device
    • Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
    • Gloves (optional)
    • An open mind.

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Tinman, thank you for setting this up and bringing quality training opportunities to Indiana.

Tinman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sorry for the delay, I was travelling. Back in CONUS for 4 whole weeks, gotta love that. Drop me a note if anyone has any questions, since we're on the same time zone now it might be easier for me to get back to you.

Guy's, thanks for the kudos. I did the easy part. Students showing up and paying their hard earned money is the difficult part. Thanks to all you who said you were in, that's what makes it possible for me to bring these guys in.

Tinman....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bump!

I and my buddy Aaron are both registered. :rockwoot: Waiting for Doug, another of my regular training partners, to get on the ball.

Justin @ Magpul was very friendly and easy to deal with.

Tinman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad to hear everyone's getting registered. Sorry I've been a little abscent lately, been home on a 30 day down time and been running like crazy to catch up on 13 weeks of past due honey do's. On my way back over as I type. should be in more stable coms in a couple of days.

Thanks to those who have followed through and registered.

Tinman....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    On my way back over as I type.

Stay safe, bro! :patriot:

To others who are thinking about taking this course or are planning to but have not yet registered... contrary to what the website says, Magpul will charge the entire tuition amount at one time, but will not do so until 3 weeks or so before class. So that gives you plenty of time to scrape the money together or clear the necessary space on your credit card, even if you're a little strapped with Christmas shopping, pre-election panic buying or whatever right now. One less excuse for not getting some good training under your belt...:ar15:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I finally was able to talk to Magpul and sign up. We played phone tag for a few days. It is a really simple registration process, I was told that they will charge the entire amount 30 days before the class.

Tinman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks again to all you who have followed through and signed up. Things are looking good so far.

They did make some changes with their charging policy (especially for credit cards) after I posted, but I think they are in the students favor, so no issues.

If you haven't got in yet, what are you waiting for? You'll have several months to collect up the cash.

Tinman....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    BACK FROM THE DEAD!!

So... here we are with less than two weeks to go until classtime. I've gotten registration confirmation and the tuition charge has hit my CC. SO, who else from here besides akaindy and tinman am I gonna see there?

:ar15:

Top Bottom