• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    And they will ALWAYS get you from point A to point B. regardless of mileage, will run on whatever fuel you feed them, won't leave you stranded when you need them most, were designed within the past century... Etc.

All weapons fail, that's what they do. But some are more reliable than others. And then there are exceptions. I make hardcore Glock advocates upset when I tell them that the Glock I took my first class with malfunctioned quite a bit. It even did something that made one of the instructors say to all the other instructors, "Hey, you guys have gotta come here and check this out. I've never seen this kind of malfunction before."

Just my humble opinion: don't worry about scratching up your nice metal guns. These are tools, not fine art, and you can't take them with you when you're gone.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    All weapons fail, that's what they do. But some are more reliable than others. And then there are exceptions. I make hardcore Glock advocates upset when I tell them that the Glock I took my first class with malfunctioned quite a bit. It even did something that made one of the instructors say to all the other instructors, "Hey, you guys have gotta come here and check this out. I've never seen this kind of malfunction before."

Just my humble opinion: don't worry about scratching up your nice metal guns. These are tools, not fine art, and you can't take them with you when you're gone.

Thats an excellent point. I cant take it with me when I'm gone. But I do want it stay as nice as possible while I'm here. So, I only carry my crown jewel on special occasions, unless im going to the range of course. My 1911 comes to all range outtings with me.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    True, but I also worry about door dings and what if someone hits my car and all that jazz. I don't wanna worry about that on my handgun as well.

All possession is temporary. Either it leaves us or we leave it... eventually. But in the mean time, we have insurance!

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Ive heard some conflicting reports that the H&K pistols are not nearly as accurate or well built as the sig sauer pistols? Any opinions?

wrong...my hk is the most accurate handgun ive shot...not that i can really tell for sure...but i shoot it more accurately than any other handgun ive ever shot

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive heard some conflicting reports that the H&K pistols are not nearly as accurate or well built as the sig sauer pistols? Any opinions?

Ive only owned 1 Sig pistol. Ive owned 10 H&K pistols. There is a reason. The Sig failed to feed and eject. The Sig was a jamomatic. Never ever had a problem with a H&K. Best polymer pistol IMO. But like you Im all about 1911's. So I sold all my polymer pistols. But would buy another H&K in a heartbeat.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As the title suggests, I own 1911's and have very little experience with anything else. Can anyone suggest a polymer pistol or multiple polymer pistols that are of high quality? Im looking for the smoothest, straightest shooting, light weight, extremely high quality firearm money can buy. I would prefer a 40cal mid capacity magazine, 10 rounds would be ideal but more or less is not a big deal. I would prefer it be a SA/DA. I have been considering a Walther PPS .40, but I would like to hear other ideas and suggestions before anything is set in stone.

You're describing an H&K USP 40.

There's other stuff, but if you're picky, it's about the only thing capable of scratching the itch.

I wouldn't bother with the compact, full size is not exactly "big." A full size USP for me seems much closer to a mid size glock than a full size glock. I have small hands and the grip's bottom is flush with the bottom of my hand.

Top Bottom