• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    My guess is that if we knew the degree to which the chinese spy on us the public would be astounded. I used to think that the FBI was more concerned about school board meetings to have time for investigating this, but wonder if it's really that they know, and are just paid to look the other way.
    My guess is that most likely they do know, and aren't paid to look the other way but rather choose to look the other way to maintain "public order". China provides cheap goods, and if the people saw China as the economical and social enemy that it really is, the USA would lose its biggest trading partner and so would China lose theirs, buuuuttttt we have more to lose from discord with China because all they need to do is catch up while we need to stay ahead. So maybe, just maybe, they are trying to do damage control rather than begin war with China

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My guess is that most likely they do know, and aren't paid to look the other way but rather choose to look the other way to maintain "public order". China provides cheap goods, and if the people saw China as the economical and social enemy that it really is, the USA would lose its biggest trading partner and so would China lose theirs, buuuuttttt we have more to lose from discord with China because all they need to do is catch up while we need to stay ahead. So maybe, just maybe, they are trying to do damage control rather than begin war with China
    China has been conducting a technological acquisition and monetary war with us for decades. Just because there've been no bullets whizzing by our heads doesn't mean they're not at war with us... They Are.

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    China has been conducting a technological acquisition and monetary war with us for decades. Just because there've been no bullets whizzing by our heads doesn't mean they're not at war with us... They Are.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I recognize that China is doing those things and that it technically is "war", but it is much less of a war than it is the inevitable competition between great powers. The Cold War was a war played out through proxies. There is no proxy between China and the US, only strong economic competition, lots of intellectual theft, and a lot of contention over the Republic of China.

It's a "war", but it could be a lot worse. It could be a war that costs lives, which hasn't yet happened. It could be a war that is fought with nukes, not yet happened. Russia and Ukraine is a war. China and the USA? A pissing contest at best.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Oh don't get me wrong, I recognize that China is doing those things and that it technically is "war", but it is much less of a war than it is the inevitable competition between great powers. The Cold War was a war played out through proxies. There is no proxy between China and the US, only strong economic competition, lots of intellectual theft, and a lot of contention over the Republic of China.

It's a "war", but it could be a lot worse. It could be a war that costs lives, which hasn't yet happened. It could be a war that is fought with nukes, not yet happened. Russia and Ukraine is a war. China and the USA? A pissing contest at best.
    Well, I'm not saying you're wrong about how much worse it could be... but I think the argument could be made that the chinese communist government has been dedicating resources to becoming THE world leader as a nation, and quite a bit of those resources are spent in other countries gaining control of resources in those countries. When the chinese structure international trade to be a massive exporter and minimal importer from other countries...when they buy up everything from government bonds to farm land to tech companies here/there and everywhere... makes me think they're doing their own kind of cold war right under our noses (and thumbing theirs at us the whole time).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Taiwan is where it'll begin as far as bullets are concerned. It'll spread quickly from there and both sides are eager.

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Well, I'm not saying you're wrong about how much worse it could be... but I think the argument could be made that the chinese communist government has been dedicating resources to becoming THE world leader as a nation, and quite a bit of those resources are spent in other countries gaining control of resources in those countries. When the chinese structure international trade to be a massive exporter and minimal importer from other countries...when they buy up everything from government bonds to farm land to tech companies here/there and everywhere... makes me think they're doing their own kind of cold war right under our noses (and thumbing theirs at us the whole time).
    Oh yeah in that sense that's the perpetual chinese mission. They are dying to bring back the glory of Chinese empires past. I'm pretty sure it's part of the CCP's "thousand year plan". But at the same time, I think that's a good thing: they are the best competitor the US has on a world stage. Russia is an antagonistic competitor, but China is an enthusiastically innovative competitor, so this competition between great powers might just push the world forward

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Taiwan is where it'll begin as far as bullets are concerned. It'll spread quickly from there and both sides are eager.
    Precisely. The buildup along the strait of Taiwan has been massive, and talks of war have become more frequent. I bet you the war will start like the US Civil war: one shot from an overeager soldier, which begins a volley of bullets flying all over

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So why would you want a person born in China on your staff?

In addition why was she and the husband not under scrutiny for Hugh mansions and hi end cars?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In addition why was she and the husband not under scrutiny for Hugh mansions and hi end cars?
    They'd likely be under more scrutiny if they lived in an apartment and drove Kias. Wealth isn't questioned by the elites, it is respected and chased after but not questioned. If it were most of congress would be gone and certainly the man in the big house.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Precisely. The buildup along the strait of Taiwan has been massive, and talks of war have become more frequent. I bet you the war will start like the US Civil war: one shot from an overeager soldier, which begins a volley of bullets flying all over

The war will start, because one side thinks they can win.
    Perceptions matter.
    No side starts a war knowing they will lose.

And weak leaders lead to perceptions of weakness.
    Which means weak leaders mean more likely to have war

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    The war will start, because one side thinks they can win.
    Perceptions matter.
    No side starts a war knowing they will lose.

And weak leaders lead to perceptions of weakness.
    Which means weak leaders mean more likely to have war
    That's very true, but then this is promising the idea that the USA has a weak leader... I mean it's true that we currently have a weak leader, but we do not have weak leaderSHIP. Our leaders should be replaced, but the corporate structure of the Gov't makes it so it HAS to be competent or it will collapse on itself. All this to say that I don't think any country would be crazy enough to believe they can win a conflict conflictual war against the USA. Not even China. Biden is weak one of if not the weakest president the country has seen in forever, yet no one lifted a finger against the US. Who could possibly project a weaker USA than he?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's very true, but then this is promising the idea that the USA has a weak leader... I mean it's true that we currently have a weak leader, but we do not have weak leaderSHIP. Our leaders should be replaced, but the corporate structure of the Gov't makes it so it HAS to be competent or it will collapse on itself. All this to say that I don't think any country would be crazy enough to believe they can win a conflict conflictual war against the USA. Not even China. Biden is weak one of if not the weakest president the country has seen in forever, yet no one lifted a finger against the US. Who could possibly project a weaker USA than he?
    You think our bureaucracy is a strength?

I see it more as it continues on momentum. It is a huge mess that wastes untold amounts of money in very inefficient ways run by people more worried about personal gain/power than protecting the country.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Germany and Japan were NEVER going to conquer the world.
    Yet they tried.
    They PERCEIVED that they could.
    Most countries exhausted themselves during WWI, and were mostly inferior militarily.
    So they attacked. A little at a time, testing the enemy.

Argentina was NEVER going to win in the Falklands against the UK.
    And yet.. they PERCEIVED that they could.
    After all, British strength had declined.
    The Falklands were not really worth it for the Brits to fight over.
    And Argentina had a "macho" culture, and the UK's leader was Thatcher, a woman.

Military Strength is not the only "perception"
    Willpower to fight.
    And Ability figures prominently into it.
    So look at the Afghan withdrawal. Kind of casts doubts on those.

Libya, Iran, and Iraq have hit us in the past.
    They weren't going to defeat us.
    But.. still attacked.

I could keep going on with this list.
    But it sucks typing on the phone

Last edited:

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    Germany and Japan were NEVER going to conquer the world.
    Yet they tried.
    They PERCEIVED that they could.
    Most countries exhausted themselves during WWI, and were mostly inferior militarily.
    So they attacked. A little at a time, testing the enemy.

Argentina was NEVER going to win in the Falklands against the UK.
    And yet.. they PERCEIVED that they could.
    After all, British strength had declined.
    The Falklands were not really worth it for the Brits to fight over.
    And Argentina had a "macho" culture, and the UK's leader was Thatcher, a woman.

Military Strength is not the only "perception"
    Willpower to fight.
    And Ability figures prominently into it.
    So look at the Afghan withdrawal. Kind of casts doubts on those.

Libya, Iran, and Iraq have hit us in the past.
    They weren't going to defeat us.
    But.. still attacked.

I could keep going on with this list.
    But it sucks typing on the phone
    I get what you're saying and it's fair that perception matters a lot. In the case of other countries having attacked us, none of them have attacked on OUR land. They've attacked on theirs where we were posted with insufficient troops to take their country, but they would never dare try a straight attack and invasion of the USA. It's impossible. We're more likely to take over Russia than a coalition is likely to take over the US, especially when there are many people like us @ INGO

sairax

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Sep 2, 2024
    Indianapolis
    You think our bureaucracy is a strength?

I see it more as it continues on momentum. It is a huge mess that wastes untold amounts of money in very inefficient ways run by people more worried about personal gain/power than protecting the country.
    I completely agree with you on that, bit there's the catch: individual greed is what pushes society forward. Individual greed amongst the masses, used in the right way, can push the masses to self-evolve and advance way further than they would have in a sharing-focused society. Corporate world works the same way: each employee is trying their best to get on top in whatever way they can, very cutthroat and backstabbing. Buttt in doing so, they do what is needed to push the corporation towards better profits. If countries operated the same way, perhaps we wouldn't have strong communities anymore, but sure as hell would not be as many easily corrupted governments as there are today

Top Bottom