• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And I, for one, don't think it's a small one. They've got an imbalance between the sexes in their country. Too many males and not enough females. One in four males in that country are going to go through life without a wife, or even a girlfriend. That number works out to 10's of millions of people who are going to react in a variety of ways, (as the author points out) but he doesn't think creatively enough. These guys could plunge China into a state of chaos. Especially, since the government can't possibly do anything about it, (short of sending expeditionary forces abroad to kidnap women). While it's a sad situation on one level, on another it lends itself to creating a chaotic dystopia where rape gangs rove the cities and countryside. Then again, they could always euthanise the lonely.

China’s Growing Problem Of Too Many Single Men - China Tracker - What a superpower wants - Forbes

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And I, for one, don't think it's a small one. They've got an imbalance between the sexes in their country. Too many males and not enough females. One in four males in that country are going to go through life without a wife, or even a girlfriend. That number works out to 10's of millions of people who are going to react in a variety of ways, (as the author points out) but he doesn't think creatively enough. These guys could plunge China into a state of chaos. Especially, since the government can't possibly do anything about it, (short of sending expeditionary forces abroad to kidnap women). While it's a sad situation on one level, on another it lends itself to creating a chaotic dystopia where rape gangs rove the cities and countryside. Then again, they could always euthanise the lonely.

China’s Growing Problem Of Too Many Single Men - China Tracker - What a superpower wants - Forbes

Ah, another issue with youth in asia....

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They've had this problem in China for a little while now.

They might have to alter the one child policy and make having boys illegal, or carry heavy fines. A country full of a bunch of guys, I'm sure tourism is going to boom :laugh:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    China is going into Africa. They're going to give this generation of "unpaired" men rifles, restaurants, dry goods stores, and funding and send them into Africa. That's where the land is, that's where the water and minerals are. That's where they are going. One way or another (sword or commerce), it's going down. It's already started.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They've had this problem in China for a little while now.

They might have to alter the one child policy and make having boys illegal, or carry heavy fines. A country full of a bunch of guys, I'm sure tourism is going to boom :laugh:

Definitely boom. In more ways than one. IIRC crime rates and political unrest rises and falls with the population of young males.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Definitely boom. In more ways than one. IIRC crime rates and political unrest rises and falls with the population of young males.

I forget what I was watching and it was about China (maybe People's Republic of Capitalism, :dunno:) and that was one thing they mentioned.

Pretty much it comes down to too much testosterone and being too bored. Crime rates increase, gang membership increases, possible cultural revolution, etc.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    China has a lot of issues that are going to end up being detrimental to itself (maybe not it's people, but it's government). It has to many males period. If you look at Tunisia, Egypt, China, Yemen, etc you'll see they have somethings in common, but the most destructive would be the unemployed male population of under 30. You have all these young unemployed, unmarried, educated males that have NOTHING to do. That's how revolutions get started in those types of places. There's a reason China blocked all the news of Tunisia and Egypt, they didn't want their people getting any ideas.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I can't seem to find anything quickly to support this but, I seem to remember reading something years ago where Chinese families were aborting female fetuses if their one government approved pregnancy was a male child.
    I could be mistaken. I'm my memory is correct, however, they've done it to themselves.
    Besides, how else are you going to build and maintain a million man army if you dont have an imbalance in the number of males in the population?

Top Bottom