China demands withdraw of troops from Taiwan.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The Taiwanese already knows they have to die if they resist the mainland syndicate.
    So why haven't they either purchased nuclear weapons or fabbed their own? I was working on stuff for Kuosheng in the middle seventies (and proud to say found a design flaw and prevented it) so I know they have the expertise if not admitting to breeders. Oh any how, just thinking out loud but really, how could they have been looking at the tech, manufacturing and finance transferred to the communists and not anticipated this situation?
    Yeah, OK, they trusted us.
    you trusted us.jpg

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Unpopular opinion: maybe China joe should have negotiated some taliban advisers to help train the Taiwanese in exchange for all that sweet equipment .....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The Taiwanese already knows they have to die if they resist the mainland syndicate.
    So why haven't they either purchased nuclear weapons or fabbed their own? I was working on stuff for Kuosheng in the middle seventies (and proud to say found a design flaw and prevented it) so I know they have the expertise if not admitting to breeders. Oh any how, just thinking out loud but really, how could they have been looking at the tech, manufacturing and finance transferred to the communists and not anticipated this situation?
    Yeah, OK, they trusted us.
    View attachment 162302

Are you certain Taiwan does not have nuclear weapons?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    as much as Americans might want the people of Taiwan to fight they will roll over just like Hong Kong and the uyghers, Biden won’t do anything to help and American power will withdraw from the region.

China isn’t new at this game and like it or not operating militarily against a large power like China on their home shores is a potentially losing proposition. We lost 13 service members in the withdrawal from Afghanistan and everyone lost their minds. What stomach does this country have to see a casualty figure on the nightly news that 4 to 5 figures per day?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did you read the post on "the other forum"? Apparently there's a fairly strong minority that wants to reunite with China and there's strong generational differences. Older people tend to be more favorable toward mainland China.
    I failed to find the thread in "the other forum". I did go down the Duck Duck Go rabbit hole and clicked a few links (that the site name didn't make me say, WHO??)

1949 is getting to be a long time ago. Similar to what I saw in the ROK (92-93, also getting to be a long time ago) the people who want reunification were born after/too young to remember how bad it was during the war. The generation after fleeing to Taiwan (the Taiwanese boomers if you will) are the ones fine with what Xi will will call reunification, others will call an invasion.

If you were a teenager in 1949, you are 85-91 years old. I know these folks want nothing to do with the Chi-Coms. Lets face it, the term "Military-aged males" does not apply here.

I did read the young (20-somethings) in Taiwan want nothing to do with the Chi-Coms.

Just went down the Taiwan rabbit hole again, this time private firearms ownership. You have to scroll a long way to the bottom to get to Taiwan. An estimated 10,000 (all numbers that end in three zeros are made up. At least they called them "estimates") privately owned firearms and a population close to 24M equates to ownership rate of 0.0419 firearms per every 100 Taiwanese.

Back from the rabbit hole again (wikipedia, I am embarrassed but this isn't a a paper in APA-style or anything.) They have some significant IADS (integrated air defense system) capability as well as Maritime (Harpoon missiles with upgrades, P-3 Orions) and air defense (F-16C Block 52, 66 of them? Get some!!) capabilities. Looks like they made a deal in 2019 for 108 Abrams tanks and a crap-load of Stinger missiles. Doubt the tanks are there, but the Stingers?

Small active force with a HUGE number of Reserves (1.6M). With a conscription force (ROK does as well and that is a significant force there) you have a large pool of Reservists. Downside to this being you have a large pool of former conscripts. A modern Military needs highly trained technicians to keep the cool stuff running and the Chi-Coms off your soil.

How many weapons/how much ammo (not to mention uniforms and boots) do they got in WRM storage?

Nukes: hopefully we won't find out.

Treaties: Would it matter? We had one with Ukraine when Vlad took back Crimea.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-ownership-by-country

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Other than having them the most important thing about nuclear bombs is to make it plain that you do have them if you are dealing with a similarly armed adversary. That's why they test them. When your adversaries don't have them you have the flexibility to modify that policy like Israel.

I'm reminded of the scene in Dr. Strangelove where Peter Sellers asks whats the use of building a doomsday machine if you don't tell anybodyimagessty.jpg about it.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I failed to find the thread in "the other forum".

I think it's in the hidden "members only" area that's limited to site supporters. Search engines won't crawl there and people can speak a bit more freely, particularly important if their nation of origin or employer may not like what they are saying.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think it's in the hidden "members only" area that's limited to site supporters. Search engines won't crawl there and people can speak a bit more freely, particularly important if their nation of origin or employer may not like what they are saying.
    That would explain why I couldn't find it. Thanks for the 411, thought I was losing it for a minute there. I may be, but that's a whole other discussion.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    About having nukes, countries need to keep it quiet now if they get them.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just my guess and by golly but I figger Japan has the unassembled components warehoused.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    You mean they paid attention when Obummer outed Israel?
    Nah, just that if you don't have any then an international jerk fest doesn't convene on your front door step to make you give them up. Who needs the heart ache? Just get some and don't brag about it. Open that can if you have to.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tell Xi to send 'em! And let the seas run red. The Taiwanese are better armed, better trained , and way more invested in winning at any and all costs than your average chicom soldier, even a front liner, is ever going to be.
    I'd like to see us make them our own DPRK. Give them nukes and you introduce a lot of uncertainty into the equation. Plus you make plans to follow up immediately if the Taiwanese do nuke them and finish them once and for all during the confusion/disruption

I think that is exactly the role China envisions for the DPRK relative to us

Top Bottom