• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

They are not releasing his name. Surely they know that by now right? They know his age....

They said they don't believe it's terrorism, and the man didn't know who he was attacking.
    He was just randomly attacking a 11yo girl and then her mother? Sounds like an insane person.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Europe (and most of the rest of the world) is filled with people who are accustomed to living under authoritarian rule. The concept of individual liberty is completely alien to them. They are used to keeping their mouths shut and doing as they are told. This is also why the Dems have thrown open our borders and allowed people accustomed to authoritarian rule to flood this nation. The Dems know that these people will do as they are told. They are pliant serfs.

I can't help but marvel at the wisdom of the Founding Fathers who warned against "foreign entanglements." If the US had not become involved in WWI and WWII, would Europe be any worse off under the Kaiser - or the Nazis? We could have abstained from the Cold War and let the Soviet Union dominate (or conquer) Europe. Would Europe be any worse off than it currently is?

For these people, authoritarian rule is the norm. It is their happy place. Leave them to it and quit wasting time, money and blood on them - they will never change.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He should intentionally block all content from eu officials including state officials from each country. Declare their speech hate speech and permanently ban then all from the platform.
    I get what you're saying, but that's no better than what they're doing. I think he should just give them a big F-you.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Europe (and most of the rest of the world) is filled with people who are accustomed to living under authoritarian rule. The concept of individual liberty is completely alien to them. They are used to keeping their mouths shut and doing as they are told. This is also why the Dems have thrown open our borders and allowed people accustomed to authoritarian rule to flood this nation. The Dems know that these people will do as they are told. They are pliant serfs.

I can't help but marvel at the wisdom of the Founding Fathers who warned against "foreign entanglements." If the US had not become involved in WWI and WWII, would Europe be any worse off under the Kaiser - or the Nazis? We could have abstained from the Cold War and let the Soviet Union dominate (or conquer) Europe. Would Europe be any worse off than it currently is?

For these people, authoritarian rule is the norm. It is their happy place. Leave them to it and quit wasting time, money and blood on them - they will never change.

Secession is highly underrated.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

You make huge assumptions that the Nazis and later the Soviets would be content with what would be left of Europe after, in your scenario, the Krauts and the Russkies duked it out over it. And what about Japan? Are you also ceding the Western Pacific to Japan's Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere?

It's going to be a lonely world when an unprepared, isolationist United States has to defend itself against simultaneous amphibious invasions on both coasts in the mid 1940s.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Secession is highly underrated.
    Whenever I see this, and I see it a lot here, I think of the time Johnny Reb tried it. And then I think of the resulting 750,000 deaths because of it, and I think, "Nah, not underrated. Not underrated at all".

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    That's why I said if it's a Muslim immigrate it will make things worse. That's a fact.
    Police may withhold identity if that is the case or it will explode over there.
    It could be an insane UK citizen thinking he's paying them back.
    That looks like a white guy that they have in custody to me.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Whenever I see this, and I see it a lot here, I think of the time Johnny Reb tried it. And then I think of the resulting 750,000 deaths because of it, and I think, "Nah, not underrated. Not underrated at all".

Indeed.

Folks should not be free to determine their own way without permission of state.

How are your knees?

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    You make huge assumptions that the Nazis and later the Soviets would be content with what would be left of Europe after, in your scenario, the Krauts and the Russkies duked it out over it. And what about Japan? Are you also ceding the Western Pacific to Japan's Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere?

It's going to be a lonely world when an unprepared, isolationist United States has to defend itself against simultaneous amphibious invasions on both coasts in the mid 1940s.
    You make a lot of assumptions.

I didn't mention Japan because Japan directly attacked the US and had to be dealt with (and was).

Germany couldn't garner the resources to launch an amphibious invasion against Britain; America was far beyond their scope.

As far as the US being unprepared, I like Teddy Roosevelt's advice, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

The bottom line is that Europe is descending into authoritarian rule, little different from Monarchy, Fascism or Communism - so what was the point of the blood and capital that the US expended over the last 100+ years to "keep Europe free?"

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

I didn't mention Japan because Japan directly attacked the US and had to be dealt with (and was).

Germany couldn't garner the resources to launch an amphibious invasion against Britain; America was far beyond their scope.

As far as the US being unprepared, I like Teddy Roosevelt's advice, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

The bottom line is that Europe is descending into authoritarian rule, little different from Monarchy, Fascism or Communism - so what was the point of the blood and capital that the US expended over the last 100+ years to "keep Europe free?"
    I see your point.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    On the positive side all of this has helped me when arguing with anti gun people. When they throw out the uk's low gun death statistics I say, "do you see the US as being the same as the uk"?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Indeed.

Folks should not be free to determine their own way without permission of state.

How are your knees?
    Ain't going to get into the states' right to own other human beings and to guarantee the expansion of that right to other states. My knees are fine, as were the backs of millions of freed blacks. How's your conscience?

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

Not even sure where to start. Operation Sea Lion was postponed for two reasons: Göring decided to switch Luftwaffe bombing targets from RAF bases to London, and Hitler decided to prioritize Operation Barbarossa, both of which effectively put the invasion of Great Britain on hold. But in any case, in your world of United States isolationism, the invasion would have been moot. With no supplies nor help coming, England wouldn't have lasted a month. Now, WW II becomes all of Europe and East Asia vs. The United States. As for Teddy Roosevelt's "big stick" analogy, our "stick" was pretty small compared to those of Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany in 1942.

rbhargan

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Not even sure where to start. Operation Sea Lion was postponed for two reasons: Göring decided to switch Luftwaffe bombing targets from RAF bases to London, and Hitler decided to prioritize Operation Barbarossa, both of which effectively put the invasion of Great Britain on hold. But in any case, in your world of United States isolationism, the invasion would have been moot. With no supplies nor help coming, England wouldn't have lasted a month. Now, WW II becomes all of Europe and East Asia vs. The United States. As for Teddy Roosevelt's "big stick" analogy, our "stick" was pretty small compared to those of Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany in 1942.
    Operation Sea Lion did not happen because Germany lacked the resources to launch an invasion across the Channel, let alone across the Atlantic.

American manufacturing power dwarfed that of Germany and Japan combined. German naval power was extremely limited, and while Japan was able to run wild for a year, by 1943, they were going on the defensive in the Pacific. The US faced no significant military threat from either nation.

My point, which you seem to ignore, is that Europe is becoming just as authoritarian as any Monarchy, Fascist or Communist State. American intervention in Europe only postponed their descent into authoritarianism. Much blood and capital was expended for nothing.

Top Bottom