• ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Chick-fil-A protesters to hold 'kiss-in'

Seriously??? Can I please take my kids to lunch today without having to see people sucking each others faces off. Good grief! I will choose to hit the drive thru today to feed the kids and satisfy my waffle fries and coke addiction for two reasons...1.) I support chick-fil-a because they got sucked into a political firestorm over something that has nothing to do with food and customer service 2.) I don't like bullies. I'm not worried about anyone's sexual orientation, I'm worried about feeding myself for lunch. I'm not gonna be sitting in my husbands lap groping and kissing him during lunch, because it's wildly inappropriate in a public place. So, why do I have to be ok with someone else kissing their "life partner" in that manner. Am I now a hater??? What ever happened to common courtesy and appropriate behavior in front of children??? Yes everyone has the right to free speech but CONSIDER THE AUDIENCE. My 6yr old doesn't care about you or your girlfriend/boyfriend. She just wants the honey barbecue sauce for her nuggets and is it ok for her to have a coke.

Come on people. Really???

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think Americans are too uptight, in general.

Live and let live. We want others to respect our right to pursue OUR version of happiness, but don't do such a good job of letting others pursue theirs, unless it looks just like ours.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This sums up my feeling about it anymore.

Chickfila.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    If I had a business, and ANYBODY came in and started making out, two dudes, a dude and a chick, two chicks......well, maybe not two chicks.....I'd tell em to get the **** out of my store!

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Seriously??? Can I please take my kids to lunch today without having to see people sucking each others faces off.

Definitely not the popular opinion, but I'd be more concerned with feeding children quality food instead of super-processed garbage.

I'm astounded that this country's priorities are so ****ed up that people don't have a problem with the US being the fattest, sickest country in the world, in part due to the proliferation of fast food and lack of quality nutrition education. People are way more concerned about who's doing what with their genitals that influences purchasing decisions.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I had breakfast at the CFA on Southport road this morning. I didn't see any kissing, but they were a lot busier than normal. Not as busy as Wednesday, but the drive through line was around the building. The food and service were both excellent!!!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    If I had a business, and ANYBODY came in and started making out, two dudes, a dude and a chick, two chicks......well, maybe not two chicks.....I'd tell em to get the **** out of my store!

I would as well. It is the right of the business owner to refuse service to anyone. They do not have to allow you to remain in their establishment when you perform acts that could make other customers uncomfortable, be that between any two humans of any combinations of genders.

It would be perfectly fine for those wanting to create a scene, to continue to do so on public property near the Chick-Fil-A.

Because of your religious/spiritual beliefs?

It isn't about spiritual beliefs. I really don't want to watch any couple have an extensive make out section when I'm trying to eat food. I don't care if the couple is homo or hetro. The intent is purely to make a scene. If I own or run the property, I am not obligated to provide a location for them to make a scene.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I completely agree that it's your choice, as a business owner. You should also be able to ask them to leave for carrying a gun, or wearing a red shirt. I'm not really sure how you magically divined their intent, but it doesn't matter. Your store, your rules. I hope you're as philosophical about it when someone asks you to leave for disliking something about you.

What about when you're just a customer, like in the OP?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I think Americans are too uptight, in general.

Live and let live. We want others to respect our right to pursue OUR version of happiness, but don't do such a good job of letting others pursue theirs, unless it looks just like ours.
    I think it is so stupid, that "other people" expect US, to accept them, but then "they" don't want to accept us ..... I do not like getting "diversity" shoved down my throat, but then "they" do not accept me as being "diverse" from them ..... :twocents:

.38 Special

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    i was told by my brother who works at chik-fil-a that they were warned a couple days prior about the whole kiss-in, but good to see on August first, their appreciation day that they were packed.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I completely agree that it's your choice, as a business owner. You should also be able to ask them to leave for carrying a gun, or wearing a red shirt. I'm not really sure how you magically divined their intent, but it doesn't matter. Your store, your rules. I hope you're as philosophical about it when someone asks you to leave for disliking something about you.

What about when you're just a customer, like in the OP?

It isn't hard to divining their intent when they are posting about performing this as type of a protest. :rolleyes: But if any couple is intensively swapping spit in public, I really don't care about their intent.

If I were a customer there, I would thank the people for making my meal experience not enjoyable. Ask if they would consider common decency and not continuing. Then I would just leave if they decided not to.

Depending on the situation, I may talk with the manager and express my displeasure with the other patrons that are ruining my meal experience and remind him that he has the power to trespass anyone he feels like.

I fully understand that they have the freedom to express their views up to any legal level. Just as I would have the freedom to OC a gun.

However, I would find that having an extensive make out session would have as much good taste as me wearing a t-shirt while I OC that says, "This is a gun f***ers, I can legally wear it. If you don't like it f*** off."

That is perfectly legal, but I would never wear that, because I find it in poor taste.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think it is so stupid, that "other people" expect US, to accept them, but then "they" don't want to accept us ..... I do not like getting "diversity" shoved down my throat, but then "they" do not accept me as being "diverse" from them ..... :twocents:

Too much "us" and "them". Live your life. Let everyone else live his/her life. Why do you care who's kissing whom?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Definitely not the popular opinion, but I'd be more concerned with feeding children quality food instead of super-processed garbage.

I'm astounded that this country's priorities are so ****ed up that people don't have a problem with the US being the fattest, sickest country in the world, in part due to the proliferation of fast food and lack of quality nutrition education. People are way more concerned about who's doing what with their genitals that influences purchasing decisions.

Michelle Obama and all of the MSM have a problem with it.

I can't turn on the news (or go to a gun forum apparently) without somebody railing against how fat and disgusting us Americans are with our processed food. There are young girls starving themsleves to death to meet the health Nazi standards. They are hit with images of little size 2 starlets and think thats what they have to look like to be happy and then make themselves sick in order to meet that goal.

"Heavy petting" is for the drive in, back seat of a car (or pick up truck bed), the couch or the bedroom. Not in a ****ing Restaurant for petes sake. Americans don't care about what people do with their genitals they just don't want to have to explain a "hummer" to their 8 year old just yet.

Telling people what to put in their stomach in the way of food is waaaay more invasive than telling Cleve and Steve (or Maude and Steve) to stop tongue wrasslin' so you can eat your sandwich without hurling it up on your plate.

IMHO and my :twocents:. I am not saying I am right.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Too much "us" and "them". Live your life. Let everyone else live his/her life. Why do you care who's kissing whom?

I can only speak for myself, but I don't wanna sit around and eat while dozens of people are sitting around sucking face. Hetero or homo, it's just in poor taste. I mean if it's some grand unified event where everyone does like a synchronized quick smooch on the lips, that's not quite the same thing as having to be surrounded by a bunch of folks tonsil boxing, ya know? I don't care what anyone does with their life, until it infringes on mine.

Top Bottom