• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Starting to look like Chicago is heading towards a D.C. style of laws. What do you think Chicago would be called if it were able to convert to a "District" like Washington D.C.???

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Starting to look like Chicago is heading towards a D.C. style of laws. What do you think Chicago would be called if it were able to convert to a "District" like Washington D.C.???

I like that idea. If Chicago were to be converted to something along the lines of a federal district, then the rest of Illinois could return to being a free state!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Anyone know the rest of the story? During the last part of the video, it appears the first reporter arrested is standing with his colleagues while they all discuss the situation with two sergeants. The original officer is then seen getting some information from his "detainee."

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    anybody ever found a right that cops didnt think could be terminated?
    The right for the police to have a union/collective bargaining agreements; even if it's denied to other public services such as teachers and firefighters.
    Benefits need protections
    Today it's my city, tomorrow it's yours

I'd like to see more of the back story on the video, I'm pretty sure I feel like I read a news bit on this a a while ago; would be interesting to know the disposition.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I am not trying to bash any cops and I really am just curious. Can any cops answer why their is such an aversion to being taped while on the job?

I am on tape about 95% of the time at my job and I could careless. I go about my job as I normally would. Being on tape, at least some of the time, while working is fairly common. Why should it be any different for cops?

I understand asking aggressive people to step back or away, but a cop should do that whether there is a camera or not. You work as a public servant in public places. You should expect that you are going to watched and scrutinized.

I respect what cops do any the sacrifices they make, but some of them really need to get over this whole recording them while on the job stuff. Can't we turn the whole you would be OK with it, if you didn't have anything to hide statement back on them.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I am not trying to bash any cops and I really am just curious. Can any cops answer why their is such an aversion to being taped while on the job?

I am on tape about 95% of the time at my job and I could careless. I go about my job as I normally would. Being on tape, at least some of the time, while working is fairly common. Why should it be any different for cops?

I understand asking aggressive people to step back or away, but a cop should do that whether there is a camera or not. You work as a public servant in public places. You should expect that you are going to watched and scrutinized.

I respect what cops do any the sacrifices they make, but some of them really need to get over this whole recording them while on the job stuff. Can't we turn the whole you would be OK with it, if you didn't have anything to hide statement back on them.
    video cameras to cops are like a cross to a vampire. it makes the evil run and they have to show thier good side. they dont like it.

Top Bottom