• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm going to be visiting the Chicago area this week for work. I know carrying my gun is pretty much a no go, so I always avoid that Communist state to the best of my ability anyway. My question is if anyone here is familiar with their particular laws surrounding the carry of knives? Blade length, fixed blade, folder, etc?? Anybody know?

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    The ex lived in Chicago, so we were there alot. I have carried a lot of knives there. Everything from a Spyderco Military, large Seb, Paramilli. Just stay low key. If you are worried about the pocket clip just untuck your shirt. I think the real rule is 3" though.

edit: OK 2.5

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I recommend a GSD. Without having a handgun, and being stuck with a mean looking toothpick, this is a great augment for personal protection.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Typically, my response to show my disgust with Cali is that I'll be glad when it finally falls in the ocean.:): But, there's not gonna be any such luck with Illinois.:D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    F***ing SERIOUSLY?!? :eek: I don't even think I own a pocket knife less than 3"

Just another reason I hate that state

I have a Spyderco Chicago knife that you can borrow if you want for your trip.

C130CF_M.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    8-24-020 Carrying dangerous weapons.

No person shall sell, offer for sale, keep, possess, loan or give to any person any knife, the blade of which is release by a spring mechanism, including knives known as "switch-blades", any blackjack, slingshot, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles or bludgeon. No person shall sell, offer for sale, loan or give to any person 18 years of age or under any type or kind of knife, any blade of which is two inches in length or longer.
    No person shall sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any weapon from which eight or more shots or bullets may be discharged by a single function of the firing device.

No person shall carry or possess any knife, the blade of which is released by a spring mechanism, including knives known as "switch-blades", any blackjack, slingshot, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles or bludgeon. No person 18 years of age or under shall carry or possess any knife, the blade of which is two inches in length or longer.

No person shall carry or possess with the intent to use same unlawfully against another a dagger, dirk, billy dangerous knife, razor, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon.

No person shall carry concealed on or about his person a pistol, revolver, derringer or other firearm or dagger, dirk, stiletto, bowie knife, commando knife, any blade of which is released by a spring mechanism, including known knives as "switch-blades" or any other type or kind of knife, any blade of which is more than two and one-half inches in length, ordinary razor or other dangerous weapon except that no person 18 years of age or under shall carry concealed on or about his person, any knife, the blade of which is two inches in length or longer. This provision shall not apply, however, to the following officers while engaged in the discharge of their official duties: sheriffs, coroners, constables, policemen, or other duly constituted police officers and warden, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime; nor to the following employees or agents while engaged in the discharge of duties of their employment: conductors, baggage men, messengers, drivers, watchmen, special agents and policemen employed by railroads or express companies; nor to persons lawfully summoned by an officer to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace, while so engaged in assisting such officer.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be fined $200.00 for each offense, or shall be punished by imprisonment for a period of six months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

In addition to all other penalties, weapons used in violation of this section shall be forfeited to, and confiscated by, the city. (Prior code 193-30)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe, it has happened.

Last I saw this I was with my friend who was at a festival in Chicago. He was walking with his wife when he passed a bike cop. The officer saw one of my friend's clippy knives.

Lt. Dangle started to pedal when my friend started speaking to his wife in German. Apparently the officer thought they were tourists and left them alone.

I carry clippy knives in Chicago since the mid-90s, never had a problem with it. Sure, I've been subject to attempted street taxing but never hassled over knives.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    8-24-020 Carrying dangerous weapons.

No person shall sell, offer for sale, keep, possess, loan or give to any person any knife, the blade of which is release by a spring mechanism, including knives known as "switch-blades", any blackjack, slingshot, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles or bludgeon. No person shall sell, offer for sale, loan or give to any person 18 years of age or under any type or kind of knife, any blade of which is two inches in length or longer.
    No person shall sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any weapon from which eight or more shots or bullets may be discharged by a single function of the firing device.

No person shall carry or possess any knife, the blade of which is released by a spring mechanism, including knives known as "switch-blades", any blackjack, slingshot, sandclub, sandbag, metal knuckles or bludgeon. No person 18 years of age or under shall carry or possess any knife, the blade of which is two inches in length or longer.

No person shall carry or possess with the intent to use same unlawfully against another a dagger, dirk, billy dangerous knife, razor, stiletto or other dangerous or deadly weapon.

No person shall carry concealed on or about his person a pistol, revolver, derringer or other firearm or dagger, dirk, stiletto, bowie knife, commando knife, any blade of which is released by a spring mechanism, including known knives as "switch-blades" or any other type or kind of knife, any blade of which is more than two and one-half inches in length, ordinary razor or other dangerous weapon except that no person 18 years of age or under shall carry concealed on or about his person, any knife, the blade of which is two inches in length or longer. This provision shall not apply, however, to the following officers while engaged in the discharge of their official duties: sheriffs, coroners, constables, policemen, or other duly constituted police officers and warden, superintendents and keepers of prisons, penitentiaries, jails and other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of crime; nor to the following employees or agents while engaged in the discharge of duties of their employment: conductors, baggage men, messengers, drivers, watchmen, special agents and policemen employed by railroads or express companies; nor to persons lawfully summoned by an officer to assist in making arrests or preserving the peace, while so engaged in assisting such officer.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be fined $200.00 for each offense, or shall be punished by imprisonment for a period of six months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

In addition to all other penalties, weapons used in violation of this section shall be forfeited to, and confiscated by, the city. (Prior code 193-30)
    WOW! What sort of monumental FAIL lead to the creation of such an abomination of a state and deterioriation of patriotic culture. :n00b:

Thanks for the info Kirk :yesway:

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    cant you carry a gun as long as it is "6 seconds to safety" or is that everywhere in IL except cook county?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    WOW! What sort of monumental FAIL lead to the creation of such an abomination of state and deterioriation of patriotic culture.

Same as it always is, manufactured political dependency. Substitution if that makes sense. You substitute your ability to defend yourself for an iron soup bowl.

The Machine needed to control political opponents who may resist the ward taxes and the population as a whole who would become more and more dependent upon the government for their own safety.

Top Bottom