Chicago cop chokes kid that talks too much.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    And shooting someone, according to the IC, is attempted murder or murder. The actions can be justified and considered reasonable under the right circumstances.

There is the appropriate IC for justification as well.

So whats your point?

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Seems to me that Indiana code would answer this matter.

IC 35-42-2-9 (b)

A person who, in a rude, angry, or insolent manner, knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) applies pressure to the throat or neck of another person; or
    (2) obstructs the nose or mouth of the another person;
    in a manner that impedes the normal breathing or the blood circulation of the other person commits strangulation, a Class D felony.

If the officer was found in violation of departmental policy, I would venture to guess that he would be vulnerable to a legal action by the other party.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I asked what his department policy was and no one has provided it yet. As I stated earlier, if his department policy is the force continuum as it appeared earlier in the thread then I don't think he violated it.

I might have been a bit more forthcoming if your initial inquiry hadn't included the "aching pride" part but you never know. I could just be a jerk.

I was unable to find a copy of the Chicago policy online. For good reason they may not want that accessible to ANYONE with an internet connection. :)

I would imagine it's available upon request as a hard copy. Not driving to Chicago for any reason - let alone to visit CPD.

FWIW You don't seem to be an attitude with a badge. You seem to take great pride in your work and the officers that you produce. When someone criticizes this you take it personally.

Though we've never met and I could be completely wrong on that one. :)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was unable to find a copy of the Chicago policy online. For good reason they may not want that accessible to ANYONE with an internet connection. :)

I would imagine it's available upon request as a hard copy. Not driving to Chicago for any reason - let alone to visit CPD.

FWIW You don't seem to be an attitude with a badge. You seem to take great pride in your work and the officers that you produce. When someone criticizes this you take it personally.

Though we've never met and I could be completely wrong on that one. :)

Appreciated, I try not to be a jerkface.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Appreciated, I try not to be a jerkface.

jerkface.jpg

Top Bottom