Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    i-SLPzBgZ-L.png

i-rLjXCxm-L.png

i-HkBFBGJ-L.png

i-2KdXgnp-L.png

This is a replica of the Model 1903A4 sniper rifle used by the U.S. in WWII. This rifle is being made by Gibbs Rifle Co. using original 1903 Remington receivers with down-turned bolts. The rifles get a replica 2.5x M73B1 Weaver scope made by Hi-Lux. The rings are replica Redfield rings manufactured by Gibbs. The newly manufactured 4 groove rifled barrel is identical to the original except it is marked with a 2011 date vs. a 1940's date. The stocks are also a replica of the "C" configuration which is also accurate for the 1903A4 rifle. While it's a near perfect copy of the original 1903A4 no attempt has been made to conceal the fact it's a replica. The scope is clearly marked as are the rings letting the owner know it's a replica. You won't accidentally buy one thinking it's an original if you take a look at it fairly closely.

I will be posting a review of this rifle in the near future, stay tuned!

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Beautiful rifle. While I understand the new technology used in current rifles there is something just beautiful about historic firearms.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I agree, the classic military rifles have always been something I've really admired. The weapons of the two World Wars hold a particular interest for me.

This rifle is nothing short of beautiful in person. I was giddy like a kid in a candy store when I opened the box.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've want one of those since I first read about them, Very well done repro of a great rifle. I have an original 04 but need the scope, rings and base. Maybe someday....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    When I saw the rifle I couldn't live without it. Unfortunately it was out of stock when I first discovered it. So I clicked the link "notify me when its available" thinking... yeah right, I'm just out of luck, they won't make any more of these.

Then I got the email.

I got up out of bed (the email came to my iPhone) and ran to the computer. :)

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    That looks very nice. Is the scope the new improved version? I seem to remember reading that they upgraded to a better made scope.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    That looks very nice. Is the scope the new improved version? I seem to remember reading that they upgraded to a better made scope.
    It's much improved. While externally it looks nearly identical to the original, internally it has higher quality lenses and is nitrogen filled. It will have better light transmission than the original which is important given the small objective lens.

Top Bottom