• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Just got the email that CTD will resume online gun sales. They said they support the second amendment. I say screw Cheaper than Dirt! They will not get another dollar from me!

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I agree! Fool me once... I never have ordered a gun online and probably never will.

Flaydogg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Jul 20, 2010
    Warren
    I dont plan on buying anything from them. I cant stand people/companies that ride the fence, and make changes to please people.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Too little, too late. Somethings cannot be undone. The bullet they fired, they can't call back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    First of all, I only buy from a LGS anyway, but what if.....what if the incident in CT caused them to review their sales policies and they found some lacking and in need of revision? What if what they said originally was true?

Last edited:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I am impressed that it took just over 24 hours of declining customer base to force this change of heart. I still won't buy anything from them, but capitalism does indeed work!

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    CTD suspended their sales yesterday and then today reinstated online gun sales. They made up some excuse as to a high volume of online gun sales that caused them to do this.
    My beef with them isn't suspending their gun sales. My beef with them is severely price gouging their mags and ammo.

Pmags went from $12 to $60 and are now at $30.
    5.56 ammo went to $900 for 1,000rds.

I will never spend another dime at CTD.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought some ammo from them last summer and figured out they were not my favorite on line establishment when the e-mails started pounding my in-box. I have stopped the e-mails and will not consider them again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First of all, I only buy from a LGS anyway, but what if.....what if the incident in CT caused them to review their sales policies and they found some lacking and in need of revision? What if what they said originally was true?

OK, I will ask...what if.
    And so what. They are not honest.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Never bought from them and never will! Any bets on how long until they go under?

They won't. In 2008 after they doubled and tripled their prices the night of the election a bunch of people swore they'd never buy there again. I only know of a very few people now who have not done business with them since then, myself included. The average person has a very short memory or attention span and in 6 months their sales will be booming again.

CTD got the very first shipment of 10mm RIAA 1911s in. I really want one, but there's no way in hell I'm buying one from them. There's a few gun stores in Indiana who pull similar stunts, including site advertisers, and I won't buy from them either.

Top Bottom